2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
@ mods, can this thread be closed now so we don't have two parallel retirement threads in the Edge?
I'll put a link to this one in the new one once it's relocated.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh, right. They definitely should use the time to win things, since they have rare opportunity.
We will see. It is a great opportunity with Canada in deep trouble, China no where in sight and Russia banned . But I am sure Alexa ha carefully thought this out. AFter all she is married and that probably should be or was considered.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Eric Redford and Vanessa James announce retirement. Not really a surprise. Does anyone else feel that there should be some minimum committment to make the Olympic team? Seems unfair for someone to come in 8 months prior to the Olympics and take a spot from someone who had been I. It for 4 years. Maybe it’s just me.

Life isn't fair. Fair is in what you think is right. Part of me doesn't think a lot is fair from results at competitions to how some skaters just are loved more than others and others not so. Some nations are even liked more. There were great champions that seemed to just time it right like Witt, Hamilton, Lu Chen, Candelero and some with bad timing Tai and Randy; Michelle Kwan, Kurt Browning, Brian orser, Elivis Stoijko, Patrick Chan, Belbin and Agosto, Dubreil and Lauzon, Weaver and Poje ( they never placed higher than 7th at the olympics, Tiffany Chin, Jill Trenary, Midori Ito, Now the issue is who does Eric skate with to make money with shows. Will James be a feasible partner with such a limited time in Canada or redcognition? Versus Duhamel? Will Megan skate with Eric. Can Vanessa skate with her expartner? I did feel bad for Evelyn and Trennt but honestly that team is so "flat" and not moving. They had their chance and they kind of blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.