2021 Russian Junior Nationals Day 3 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2021 Russian Junior Nationals Day 3

Skatesocs

Final Flight
In general I'd like to see the Russian Pairs girls have a bit more presence on the ice. The guys are huge and that already tends to overshadow the girls a bit. I hope the choreography at least would showcase the women a bit more? When it's Gordeeva, you don't need to do that, she could do it all on her own (Or Stolbova, I guess). But in general it's not been true.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know what to do with this weird russian fs ladies' fashion to wear both pants and a skirt. For me it's either-or, not both.
Ha ha reminds me of the late 90s, early 00s, at least the Russian ladies wear leggings, then fashion the was actual business suit pants or jeans with a skirt! Bizarre doesn't cover it.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In general I'd like to see the Russian Pairs girls have a bit more presence on the ice. The guys are huge and that already tends to overshadow the girls a bit. I hope the choreography at least would showcase the women a bit more? When it's Gordeeva, you don't need to do that, she could do it all on her own. But in general it's not been true.
The cameras always love the girls. I personally like the boys to get a bit more coverage, but hey, that's just me... :D

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Next stop: Jumping competition in Moscow!!!!
i think i'm going to skip it, you know i don't like fluff competition so much and team trophies in general. i also want to watch ice dance in Egna

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Next stop: Jumping competition in Moscow!!!!
Unfortunately it's not going to be shown live. You'll have to wait for tomorrow for it to be shown. Unless it shows up on Insta or something, but I bet TV1 won't let any mobile phones in.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Unfortunately it's not going to be shown live. You'll have to wait for tomorrow for it to be shown. Unless it shows up on Insta or something, but I bet TV1 won't let any mobile phones in.
What???? I thought it was!!! Oh no!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it was too short but fun. if anybody plans to watch Egna Dance Trophy tomorrow see you there (i have the feeling the live chat won't be crowded :LOL: ). don't forget italian gran premio finals next week, my children will be there and i need support :LOL:. love you all 😘

edit:
Ooo will Charlene and Marco be there? I love those two.
sadly no

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What???? I thought it was!!! Oh no!
Yeah it's kind of weird? Do Russians tend not watch TV on Friday nights or something? Otherwise why would they wait to show it? Or maybe it's on too early? People are still at work 🤔

Of course for all my worries about it I can't even watch because it will be on at about 3am Aussie time on both days. I can't stay up for that, I'm an old person!

Skatesocs

Final Flight
The cameras always love the girls. I personally like the boys to get a bit more coverage, but hey, that's just me... :D
Not really talking about the cameras, just the girls tend to fade away? Like Mishina next to Galliamov, or here Artemeva next to Nazarychev for me. Some have succeeded to not do that, I'd also add Panfilova as a name who manages to shine all on her own. But in general, I'd like to see it as an equal presence (preferred if the woman shines more in a couple's program). Had the problem with Mishkutionok /Dimitriev and Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze as well, though, tbh.