2021 Russian Junior Nationals Day 2 | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2021 Russian Junior Nationals Day 2

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
She had a bad landing on the jump before so it was quite clumsy.

I think it was just UR though, not downgrade.
I think there is no option (in the rules) to UR Euler anymore, just to downgrade it. To quote:
'Single Euler in between two listed jumps in jump combinations:
Single Euler (1Eu) missing half a revolution or more will be considered as downgraded (<<). In this case the judges will apply the reduction for a downgraded jump. If the Single Euler is missing less than half a revolution, it will not be considered as under-rotated (<) by the technical panel. If the Single Euler is not clearly jumped or it is executed as a step over, the judges will apply a reduction in GOE.'

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
I don't think Zhilina in this season did something to convince the federation she deserves that spot.
It hasn't all come together, that is true. But she is a spectacular talent, and I hope she is invited to test skates. I hope test skates for juniors is much expanded next year-there were so many talented girls in the middle of the pack as well as at the top. Not to mention a few who were not here this year. Given the weird year, I hope it is almost a full fledged Junior ladies competition before the JGP's next year.

readernick

Medalist
I think there is no option (in the rules) to UR Euler anymore, just to downgrade it. To quote:
'Single Euler in between two listed jumps in jump combinations:
Single Euler (1Eu) missing half a revolution or more will be considered as downgraded (<<). In this case the judges will apply the reduction for a downgraded jump. If the Single Euler is missing less than half a revolution, it will not be considered as under-rotated (<) by the technical panel. If the Single Euler is not clearly jumped or it is executed as a step over, the judges will apply a reduction in GOE.'
Honestly, I hope they apply this rule. Most skaters don't actually jump their Eulers. The only good Eulers I can think of on ladies skating this year are Rika Kihira's and Akatieva's ( sometimes). ( There are probably more). It seems a bit random though to only punish Zhilina when many skaters had very iffy Eulers.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why did the Euler take off as part of a 3 jump combo anyway? Is that the only way you can do a 3 jump combo now? Surely a 3-3-3 or even a 3-3-2 would be better points wise.

And yeah Euler's always look like step outs to me.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Honestly, I hope they apply this rule. Most skaters don't actually jump their Eulers. The only good Eulers I can think of on ladies skating this year are Rika Kihira's and Akatieva's ( sometimes). ( There are probably more). It seems a bit random though to only punish Zhilina when many skaters had very iffy Eulers.
Well it is already applied obviously. I think Zhilina combo was called for a slow mo for not being good in general, and after slow mo view got a call for Eu too. The other ones which in a real time looked maybe similar to a step out but more than half of a jump rotated got GOE reduction (or i hope they did :biggrin:). And i didn't see any < calls for Eu this season, just << or 'clean' ones.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Why did the Euler take off as part of a 3 jump combo anyway? Is that the only way you can do a 3 jump combo now? Surely a 3-3-3 or even a 3-3-2 would be better points wise.

And yeah Euler's always look like step outs to me.
You need Eulers if your doing a Salchow combo as you need to change the take off foot.

I think there's a lot of Euler combo's nowadays as it is a nice way to get the Salchow in and get that 3 jump combo without Zayak-ing. But is indeed a waste of jump really, not many points, and it would be better if you can do a 3+3+2 combo instead.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mostly just sad that Samodelkina didn’t have her best skate, other than that I was charmed by Murav’yeva. Lovely competition altogether, though, yes, rough for Zhilina... oh! New program for Berestovskaya too! Me happy...

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I think there's a lot of Euler combo's nowadays as it is a nice way to get the Salchow in and get that 3 jump combo without Zayak-ing. But is indeed a waste of jump really, not many points, and it would be better if you can do a 3+3+2 combo instead.

I really like Axel+eu+3F. It's a good way to utilize a higher value triple involving euler. Tukt for example, would be better off doing a 2A+eu+3F as her 3 jump combo.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skaters hit quad combos and placed 11th in the FS. Amazing.

I can only imagine what this sport will look like in 2, 5, 10, or more years.

The 4A can be a dream at this point.
At this rate, we may see a 5A in our lifetime.