2022-23 Cup of Russia - Final - St. Petersburg | Page 75 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Cup of Russia - Final - St. Petersburg

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
As someone who doesn't have satellite TV or is tech savvy, I have never watched so much skating in a season before, thanks to the person who has been running a live stream on Youtube :clap:, I have got to know a lot of Russian skaters I had never herd of just over a year ago, its been great!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
As someone who doesn't have satellite TV or is tech savvy, I have never watched so much skating in a season before, thanks to the person who has been running a live stream on Youtube :clap:, I have got to know a lot of Russian skaters I had never herd of just over a year ago, its been great!
It isn't a person. This is an official stream by the Channel One and the Federation. :)

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Haven't watched much of this competition but Dima's FS video popped up on my YT feed and I was so moved by his performance! I guessed from the early running order that he was behind from the SP, therefore his jump to silver position was amazing and I'm so happy for him!

I switched on the live stream to catch the last 4 men, still got Andrei's skates to watch. And of course, congratulations to Petr Mr TOP EVERYWERE ;) he is growing on me and improves every time I see him!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Stick with it and it gets even better. Russian skating/skaters are top notch! Two GS threads you should keep an eye on (or subscribe to) for Russian events are
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/2022-23-russian-local-events-–-link-collection.92285/page-4#post-3111610 (for details on every event)
and https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/2022-23-russian-local-events-–-discussion.92286/ where we discuss non-national, especially novices/junior, events.
Welcome on board! :thank:

icewhite

Record Breaker

This answers all questions about "how on earth do we attract a figure skating audience" :) because I doubt you're the only one.

katymay

Medalist
Noooooo is the end of season!!!!, I will miss all of them.
Russian federation did great, I really enjoyed all competitions
So sad. And except for Ilya M., and Mao Shimada, (and a few other Korean and Japanese girls)there just isn't much to watch outside of Russia. I will miss the wonderful pair teams the most. Well done wonderful skaters.

Amei

Record Breaker
Noooooo is the end of season!!!!, I will miss all of them.
Russian federation did great, I really enjoyed all competitions

There's still the show 'event'/competition on the 18th, I'm stupid excited for that, it was opened up for retired skaters as well so it's going to be an interesting event

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
There's still the show 'event'/competition on the 18th, I'm stupid excited for that, it was opened up for retired skaters as well so it's going to be an interesting event

Also Novice nationals, and the feeder from Moscow had some amazing talent at the Novice level.