2022 CS Lombardia Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Lombardia Trophy Women's Free Skate

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Is Rinka now eligible for senior GP selection?

Before this competition, I thought Kaori would be unbeatable... I was wrong :eek:
Well, as Rinka won this competition she jumps into the Replacement List for GPs. Rinka will be first on the list.
But Japan already has 3 women in most GPs. It's only Skate America and the UK GP where Rinka can be a substitute.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremony on NOW

Franca currently giving something out before the main ceremony. (I was watching the tail end of Lara Naki's programme, so missed the annnouncer saying what it was).

CaroLiza_fan

16Olympics

On the Ice
Podium Ceremony on NOW

Franca currently giving something out before the main ceremony. (I was watching the tail end of Lara Naki's programme, so missed the annnouncer saying what it was).

CaroLiza_fan
They're all just lovely. No medals here?
The sign behind them on the podium is a perfume pharmacy Santa Maria Novella in Florence near the cathedral of the same name. It's an ancient pharmacy where nuns of the order have been making perfumes, lotions and soap for centuries. I hope the women on the podium received some of their products in that gift bag.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No medals?

Yeah, just getting a plaque is a bit of a let-down. You would at least want a medal or a trophy, if not both!

They're all just lovely. No medals here?
The sign behind them on the podium is a perfume pharmacy Santa Maria Novella in Florence near the cathedral of the same name. It's an ancient pharmacy where nuns of the order have been making perfumes, lotions and soap for centuries. I hope the women on the podium received some of their products in that gift bag.

Thank you for that extra information. Very interesting!

Kaori won for best presentation. I am glad Poland has a skater to route for too.

Aha! Thank you for letting me know what it was for.

Had to smile at the difficulties Rinka was having with the flag, and Kaori having to sort it out for her. So cute!

Kaori was like a mother hen to Rinka. Well, I suppose she is more experienced with what goes on at these post-podium celebrations.

Gaaaahhhh!!!! They cut away while Kaori was signing autographs and getting pictures taken. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Love that the fans are getting a chance to see and chat to the skaters.

Anyway, I won't be able to watch LIVE from the start tomorrow due to the MotoGP, but I hope to be able to watch the skating delayed.

Until then, have a good night everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I finished watching. I'm always surprised that Amber's speed and power don't translate well to video, because she has both in spades.
Some guy in the Yahoo chat was body shaming Wakaba even after a number of us told him how inappropriate that was. Not being successful in reaching through the screen and snatching him bald headed, I left the chat.
Are there two US skaters named Hannah? Because this Hannah didn't look like the one I remember.

Country
Norway
Well, I finished watching. I'm always surprised that Amber's speed and power don't translate well to video, because she has both in spades.
Some guy in the Yahoo chat was body shaming Wakaba even after a number of us told him how inappropriate that was. Not being successful in reaching through the screen and snatching him bald headed, I left the chat.
Are there two US skaters named Hannah? Because this Hannah didn't look like the one I remember.
Yes. There is a Hannah Herrera, but I think she is still a junior skater. She skated at JGP. They have crazy similar name, I always mix them šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Rinka does not have a GP assignment, however I think she now shoots to the top of the replacement list, and I expect that Rika will WD from her events and be replaced by Rinka. (she's currently only jumping doubles consistently and still very injured)
Well, as Rinka won this competition she jumps into the Replacement List for GPs. Rinka will be first on the list.
But Japan already has 3 women in most GPs. It's only Skate America and the UK GP where Rinka can be a substitute.
Not according to the GP announcement, I don't think. The announcement says:
Skaters/Couples, who place first in any of the ISU Challenger Series events for 2022/23 and can prove to have skated the minimum Technical score as mentioned in paragraph 2.3, will be added to the alternate list, bottom ranked according to their scores.
I read that to mean, they'll be added to the bottom of the alternates list, and if multiple skaters win a Challenger and get added, their order will be according to scores. So Rinka shouldn't be at the top of the list, according to the rules.

Practically speaking, we know they can be somewhat flexible with the replacement list, so I'm not saying she may not get a spot or two.