2022 CS Lombardia Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Lombardia Trophy Women's Free Skate

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Not according to the GP announcement, I don't think. The announcement says:

I read that to mean, they'll be added to the bottom of the alternates list, and if multiple skaters win a Challenger and get added, their order will be according to scores. So Rinka shouldn't be at the top of the list, according to the rules.

Practically speaking, we know they can be somewhat flexible with the replacement list, so I'm not saying she may not get a spot or two.
Yes, it's a very cryptic way of wording it. I interpret it as they go by scores, and as Kiibus is first on the list with 202.04, Watanabe will top that.

I think that's the way it works, because otherwise there is no explanation to why Egadze got a GP assignment after he won the Austrian Challenger last year.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think that's the way it works, because otherwise there is no explanation to why Egadze got a GP assignment after he won the Austrian Challenger last year.
He is training in Russia with Tutberidze and he got the Russian GP assignment when a spot needed to be filled on short notice. Possible explanations could range from convenience (no need to get a visa or even travel for Egadze) to politicking.
In principle I think the hosting feds are free to choose whoever they want from the replacement lists.

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You're just jealous that you aren't her age!

I don't know what everybody's complaining about. She's only 20. She does look her age.

And anyway, isn't it every female's dream to look younger than what they are?

CaroLiza_fan

I don't have a problem with her face, it's the dress that needs thrown out and the music put on mute.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Also somewhat related to the topic of PCS, I notice a refreshing tendency that we are going back to more reasonable scoring without too blatant inflation. Case in point, a newbie just beat the reigning World Champion.
Wakaba's PCS was quite low, is it accurate?

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I read through this thread before I watched the programs on YouTube. Thank you to all the posters for such an enjoyable read. I just wish my late wife and figure skating fan-mate could have been here to take part in the discussions. She loved to talk about costumes :love2:. I loved Lara's program and look forward to watching it again. Rinka was fabulous and has my vote for best reaction in the Kiss and Cry. I am certainly now a fan of Rinka.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Kaori's power and elegance are stunning but I prefer her programs from last season by a country light year.
Same. I hope they grow on me (the SP has some potential), but the FS seems a little generic for such a great skater.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Very happy for Rinka. Her 3A was gorgeous. I remember her when she was training at Champs International. Where is she training these days? Does anyone know if the Japanese coach who was mentoring her is still at Champs and what his name is?

readernick

Medalist
Same. I hope they grow on me (the SP has some potential), but the FS seems a little generic for such a great skater.
My feeling after watching both the SP and FS is that Kaori is leaving out a bunch of choreo from both of these programs right now because she is trying to get her technical elements down first. Having watched her FS, I think the power of Sia's voice actually is a good match for Kaori's power. This music is something that a healthy Wakaba could pull off well. (she has better upper body control) but I think it is also a program Kaori can grow into. Unless she specifically asked for sparse choreo , this isn't the final product ( the programs just aren't what Rohene or Marie France ( edited) create) and asking for sparse choreo doesn't seem in harmony with her long-term goals.

On a positive note, I love Kaori's hairstyle and costume choices this year ☺

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Very happy for Rinka. Her 3A was gorgeous. I remember her when she was training at Champs International. Where is she training these days? Does anyone know if the Japanese coach who was mentoring her is still at Champs and what his name is?
Champs International is the summer domestic competition in Canada (west coast, Vancouver?) right? Then you're probably thinking about Coach Megumu Seki. Rinka used to train with him (who relocated to Canada with his wife) in Canada. During COVID-19, Rinka had to return to Japan for domestic qualifications. But once she returned to Japan, she was not able to go back to Canada to train with Coach Seki anymore.

IIRC, Rinka trained briefly with Coach Hamada when she was back to Japan. But that arrangement didn't work out for her. Now she trains with Kensuke Nakaniwa in Tokyo. I'd say Coach Nakaniwa is an up-rising coach around Tokyo area, with the Jr. skaters such as Ami Nakai and Rio Nakata, at the MF Academy. Many Sr. skaters in Tokyo area are transferring to this training base during the past year.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Champs International is the summer domestic competition in Canada (west coast, Vancouver?) right? Then you're probably thinking about Coach Megumu Seki. Rinka used to train with him (who relocated to Canada with his wife) in Canada. During COVID-19, Rinka had to return to Japan for domestic qualifications. But once she returned to Japan, she was not able to go back to Canada to train with Coach Seki anymore.

IIRC, Rinka trained briefly with Coach Hamada when she was back to Japan. But that arrangement didn't work out for her. Now she trains with Kensuke Nakaniwa in Tokyo. I'd say Coach Nakaniwa is an up-rising coach around Tokyo area, with the Jr. skaters such as Ami Nakai and Rio Nakata, at the MF Academy. Many Sr. skaters in Tokyo area are transferring to this training base during the past year.
Champs International is the figure skating club in Burnaby near Vancouver. I remember seeing Rinka skating in the summer BC series indeed. Yes ! Megumu Seki. Thank you! I had forgotten his name. Thanks for the information. Seems like being back in Japan was beneficial for her !

Sabsi

On the Ice
My feeling after watching both the SP and FS is that Kaori is leaving out a bunch of choreo from both of these programs right now because she is trying to get her technical elements down first. Having watched her FS, I think the power of Sia's voice actually is a good match for Kaori's power. This music is something that a healthy Wakaba could pull off well. (she has better upper body control) but I think it is also a program Kaori can grow into. Unless she specifically asked for sparse choreo , this isn't the final product ( the programs just aren't what Rohene or Shae Lynne create) and asking for sparse choreo doesn't seem in harmony with her long-term goals.

On a positive note, I love Kaori's hairstyle and costume choices this year ☺
It is Rohene for her SP and Marie-France Dubreuil for her FS, not Shae Lynn, or did I miss something?
And yes, I thought the same when I saw the Sia FS, it would be perfect for a healthy Wakaba. But let‘s see, how Kaori can grow on this, she is a beautiful skater, maybe she just needs more time?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was able to watch the last group only and it was so great to see Rinka´s awesome performance, became a fan immediately.

Oh, and loved Kurakova, too!!! WOW, Poland got a medal!

readernick

Medalist
It is Rohene for her SP and Marie-France Dubreuil for her FS, not Shae Lynn, or did I miss something?
And yes, I thought the same when I saw the Sia FS, it would be perfect for a healthy Wakaba. But let‘s see, how Kaori can grow on this, she is a beautiful skater, maybe she just needs more time?
Sorry, you are right. I knew that at one point and then somehow got confused. I edited my post. I think it is the music choice that makes me think of Shae. I think she can grown into it. Kaori's SS just make her programs work and , usually, her programs grow as the season goes on....