Alina Zagitova announces break from figure skating competition | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova announces break from figure skating competition

Scott512

Record Breaker
This thread become a TSL puppet thread it looks. Well done.

As for Alina huge, huge respect going in all possible competitions after Olympics, under tremendous pressure and unfortunate circumstances. Sam-L was asking if she is one of the greatest? For me even for that reason she is. Take your rest (well deserved), evaluate things, enjoy life. When you will feel ready to come back, you will make a lot of people happy. You make them happy even now.
Amen!
I am Brian Boitano.
He is EGs favorite Brian!
If only you were Mr. Yagudin, my friend, he would not be spouting such horrific and homophobic nonsense. But that is off-topic. ;)

What is never off topic is to wish you and your family the merriest of Christmases. And a holiday cruise! I am most jealous. :agree:

What's this about homophobia and one of the greats of all time in figure skating?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's this about homophobia and one of the greats of all time in figure skating?

I'm fairly new to trying to follow all the drama in Russia, but from what I gather, he is not a fan of Jason Brown.

I'm also told that he recently referred to Jason with a banned word which begins with "f" but does not contain a "u."

Scott512

Record Breaker
This thread become a TSL puppet thread it looks. Well done.

As for Alina huge, huge respect going in all possible competitions after Olympics, under tremendous pressure and unfortunate circumstances. Sam-L was asking if she is one of the greatest? For me even for that reason she is. Take your rest (well deserved), evaluate things, enjoy life. When you will feel ready to come back, you will make a lot of people happy. You make them happy even now.

I am Brian Boitano.

I'm fairly new to trying to follow all the drama in Russia, but from what I gather, he is not a fan of Jason Brown.

I'm also told that he recently referred to Jason with a banned word which begins with "f" but does not contain a "u."

If it doesn't have a A and it it must have an A in it. Hmmm. I find it hard to believe someone as successful and cultured as Alexei Yagudin would do that. Especially being around gays in his sport for decades. When I was younger guys threw that word around a lot not even meaning it in a homophobic way. Now I hardly ever hear it from anyone and we are all better off for that.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I don't like that much Jason Brown though I admire his talent, I had no idea he was gay, in fact why should I have known, how guilty am I?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't like that much Jason Brown though I admire his talent, I had no idea he was gay, in fact why should I have known, how guilty am I?

To the best of my knowledge Jason Brown has never made any sort of public statement about what his sexuality may be. Yagudin isn't commenting on Brown's actual sexuality, he's putting him and his skating down by implying that he's 'insufficiently masculine' compared to others who have jumps with more rotations but less developed components.

Apparently, according to Yagudin, masculinity is now demonstrated by number of rotations in the air. Somebody inform Trusova, she may have a few words to say about that notion... :laugh:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
To the best of my knowledge Jason Brown has never made any sort of public statement about what his sexuality may be. Yagudin isn't commenting on Brown's actual sexuality, he's putting him and his skating down by implying that he's 'insufficiently masculine' compared to others who have jumps with more rotations but less developed components.

Apparently, according to Yagudin, masculinity is now demonstrated by number of rotations in the air. Somebody inform Trusova, she may have a few words to say about that notion... :laugh:

Ugh, it's Stojko/Weir all over again.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
All the best to Alina. Good choice to take a break to rest body and soul. Thanks for the entertainment :hap10: I would be happy if Alina comes back to competition, but that's of course her decision. I'm super impressed with what she has achieved so far.

Have fun with your skating Alina :thumbsup:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Tavi, this is exactly what I meant by "why should I have known". Skaters preferences (except when one sends d... pics to 13yo, I hope he was not aware of her age) is not our business — and it seems here it was the word "homophobic" that was inaccurate. It is not "homophobia" but deprecating a skating supposed not to be "manly enough". I hate this though, I've had my content of such language about Nikolaï Tsiskaridze, GOAT, and manly by the way — of course where required, not as Nutcracker Prince or the ghost of a rose. I don't see Jason Brown as "feminine" by the way, but should a skater have a rather feminine skating some day, why not?
The answer I found, relating to Nikolaï Tsiskaridze, was that those insinuations were from jealous men.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Tavi, this is exactly what I meant by "why should I have known". Skaters preferences (except when one sends d... pics to 13yo, I hope he was not aware of her age) is not our business — and it seems here it was the word "homophobic" that was inaccurate. It is not "homophobia" but deprecating a skating supposed not to be "manly enough". I hate this though, I've had my content of such language about Nikolaï Tsiskaridze, GOAT, and manly by the way — of course where required, not as Nutcracker Prince or the ghost of a rose. I don't see Jason Brown as "feminine" by the way, but should a skater have a rather feminine skating some day, why not?
The answer I found, relating to Nikolaï Tsiskaridze, was that those insinuations were from jealous men.

Yagudin called Jason a homophobic slur. That is homophobic regardless of what Jason’s sexuality is.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Thanks for explaining! Sorry I misunderstood you.