Boot help | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Boot help

SmallAminal

On the Ice
. I always knew Harlick's to be narrow with their stock boots, but if you are getting custom they could work.
!

Harlick actually offers a range of widths in stock boots - 8 different widths from AAAAA to D. They also have another last called the "X-Line", which is split width and rounder, wider toe box. You can also get split width and double split width as options on the stock boots. But maybe the OPs feet are custom feet anyway....

I'm wishing right now there was a technology to 3D scan your feet and have your feet matched up with the best stock boot (or measurements taken for customs if it doesn't work). Kind of like shade-matching at Sephora for foundation, but for your feet.

Ducky

On the Ice
Harlick actually offers a range of widths in stock boots - 8 different widths from AAAAA to D. They also have another last called the "X-Line", which is split width and rounder, wider toe box. You can also get split width and double split width as options on the stock boots. But maybe the OPs feet are custom feet anyway....

I'm wishing right now there was a technology to 3D scan your feet and have your feet matched up with the best stock boot (or measurements taken for customs if it doesn't work). Kind of like shade-matching at Sephora for foundation, but for your feet.

Um... does anyone have any kind of technical know-how to make this happen because it's a brilliant idea. Plus if you did full body scans, then it could revolutionize online shopping.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
My feet were scanned for a pair of orthotics several years ago, so I expect it is already possible. And full box scans have already been done with shopping- it was kind of a fad in malls a few years ago but apparently never caught on.

In my experience, a pair of older orthotics made from a cast of my foot were better than the ones made with the scanner. They were done by two different people, so I think the skill of the fitter is key, even with imaging technology.

Jh9772

Rinkside
Um... does anyone have any kind of technical know-how to make this happen because it's a brilliant idea. Plus if you did full body scans, then it could revolutionize online shopping.

They do this for a brand of custom hockey skates. My boyfriend had his feet scanned with an iPad and 8 weeks later received his skates. He says they fit perfectly and are as comfortable as a pair of sneakers.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

They were known to be narrow in the 90s & 00s. Glad to see they changed that.

treblemakerem

On the Ice

I recently had my feet scanned at a running store. It tells what size your feet are and gives lots of dimensions and where they relate to average. It matches you up with a running shoe but also emails your scan to you. The company is called Volumental.