Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb

pearly

Record Breaker
I honestly don't know what I would do if I had to decide. I'd love to see all four (Sofia, Alina, Evgenia and Elizaveta) skate at Worlds. I hope Sofia has her spot secured. As for the other two - so difficult to say. I think they will choose Medvedeva, but Elizaveta has done so much more this year that it would be wrong not to send her.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
At a time when all the other senior Russian ladies have unreliability concerns to at least some extent, there’s no way they don’t send Sofia, who seems like a shoo-in to finish somewhere between third and fifth.

Ziotic

Medalist
I wish it could be Sofia, Liza and Evgenia

They’ve been getting better throughout the season. Others...not so much.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Are you freakin serious? Two people who said these were their Russian favorites are American and Korean. Neither of them has a skater who has a chance of first place at 2019 Worlds and probably gives very little scheits which country ends up getting gold.

:thank:

I hadn't realized that was a response to my comment, as long as squirtle skates clean and gets two spots I don't honestly care how the podium ends up. It's not like my darling is going to be the winner :eek:hwell:

SXTN

Final Flight
The Russian fed will not make the decision based on who deserved it the most, they want three spots for next year. Sofia is locked based on results and she will be a top 5 finisher for sure, Alina is locked based on her international results this season and even with her struggles she has the highest scoring potential to be a contender for gold. Liza has higher technical abilities than Zhenya, but low PCS internationally; Zhenya is inconsistent but will get more love from judges if she skates clean.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Haven’t watched the skates yet but I’ve been catching up here, so pleased for evgenia but disappointed for Liza. I love them both. I’d love to see Sofia, evgenia and Liza at worlds.

leilaraj

On the Ice
Alina/ Team Tutberidze confirmed in one of their Instagram videos that Alina is going to worlds.. Rusfed will definitely send the European Champion Sofia.. I really hope they send Liza! She deserves it the most imo

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I wish it could be Sofia, Liza and Evgenia

They’ve been getting better throughout the season. Others...not so much.

Honestly that is who i want to see sent.

Send Alina to a spa vacation for a couple months. I think she could use some down time and pampering. Let her body heal for a couple months then still have time to get an early jump on next season.

Country
Russia
Senior Men Final results, Top 3 of 13
FPl. Name Points SP FS
1 Andrey Lazukin 242.17 1 6
2 Alexander Petrov 234.85 3 3
3 Anton Shulepov 231.45 7 1

Unfornutanely all had a lot of mistakes.

Senior Ladies Final Results Top 6 of 12
FPl. Name Points SP FS
1 Evgenia Medvedeva 222.90 1 2 (in FS fall from 3S+3Lo<<, forget this combo as nightmare and all will be good)
2 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 221.19 4 1 (in SP 3A< fall, in FS good 3A)
3 Victoria Vasilieva 208.75 6 3 (born 25 Nov 2003 so will be eligible to Senior Internationals only next season, very strong and nice)
4 Stanislava Konstantinova 206.67 2 6 (disaster in FS, overscored I believe)
5 Anastasia Gubanova 206.22 3 5 (good girl, but in FS fall and lost one triple)
6 Anna Tarusina 205.27 7 4 (nice, rock solid - no problem in jumps from beginning of season, landed all the 80 triples without mistakes, underscored I believe)

As for me:
Victoria Vasilieva's third place is well deserved. Congrats to nice girl!
Anna Tarusina deserves to be 4th.
Stanislava Konstantinova deserves 6th place and score below 200.

Competition is over.

Last edited:

twirlingblades

Medalist
Honestly that is who i want to see sent.

Send Alina to a spa vacation for a couple months. I think she could use some down time and pampering. Let her body heal for a couple months then still have time to get an early jump on next season.

Yeah, I feel bad saying it, but I would leave Alina at home.

katymay

Medalist
Senior Men Final results, Top 3 of 13
FPl. Name Points SP FS
1 Andrey Lazukin 242.17 1 6
2 Alexander Petrov 234.85 3 3
3 Anton Shulepov 231.45 7 1

Unfornutanely all had a lot of mistakes.

Senior Ladies Final Results Top 6 of 12
FPl. Name Points SP FS
1 Evgenia Medvedeva 222.90 1 2 (in FS fall from 3S+3Lo<<, forget this combo as nightmare and all will be good)
2 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 221.19 4 1 (in SP 3A< fall, in FS good 3A)
3 Victoria Vasilieva 208.75 6 3 (born 25 Nov 2003 so will be eligible to Senior Internationals only next season, very strong and nice)
4 Stanislava Konstantinova 206.67 2 6 (disaster in FS, overscored I believe)
5 Anastasia Gubanova 206.22 3 5 (good girl, but in FS fall and lost one triple)
6 Anna Tarusina 205.27 7 4 (nice, rock solid - no problem in jumps from beginning of season, landed all the 80 triples without mistakes, underscored I believe)

As for me:
Victoria Vasilieva's third place is well deserved. Congrats to nice girl!
Anna Tarusina deserves to be 4th.
Stanislava Konstantinova deserves 6th place and score below 200.

Competition is over.

Victoria isn't elgible for GP's? I was so happy to see her medal, it seems to me she has been shafted and underated all year. (I'm thinking it was Russian Nationals where I just couldn't understand why she was low balled on PCS)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
This is going to be tough for RusFed...

Alina is OGM and has the reputation and scoring potential to win gold. Inconsistent sure, but can you hold back the only one who can challenge a clean Rika?

As far as I can recall, Rika has not skated clean all season. I don't think we know what she can score if she skates clean.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
im so happy for medvedeva, she looks real good. So much more comfortable. a huge difference in her double axel. You can tell they really re worked that from the beginning. Its very solid. Shes now put her self in the conversation again. Liza still remains quite relevent this season. Technically she looks strong. I still dont understand how she goes into her 3A all nonchalant and then completes it like it was nothing lol. I find her choreography a bit lazy still. I dont think she puts a lot of detail in it. She seems to just move to the music a bit and fling her wrists and arms around. As for the world team IMO it should be Medvedeva, shes come back real strong at the end of this season and by no means has she seen her peak. Liza..shes deserved it all year. She was in the GP final and won two other medals on the circuit and I think its a toss up with Samodurova and Zagitova. Obviously Zagitovas past credentials make her a favourite, however shes struggled a lot this year. Samodurova has skated well in some events this season and hasn't been given the benefit of the doubt yet.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think Alina, Liza and Sofia should go. After watching the performances, I wasn't completely blown away by Medvedeva (that fall on what I think was the 3-3 in the free was pretty bad), and putting that together with the fall season she had, I don't think she's the right choice this year.