Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Everyone, please remember that yesterday Evgenia was clean and Liza fell, they both have 1 fall between them, and although Evgenia probably URed the 3Lo, Liza also popped a jump, they're less than a point apart!

This is why I’m like *shrug emoji* about some of this complaining here. I’d get it if Liza had skated two clean programs back to back but she didn’t. They both fell (and Liza had an unfortunate pop on her combo) but Evgenia has the clear advantage in PCS (rightfully so considering this wasn’t Liza’s best skate and her program is comparatively emptier) and was cleaner overall. I’m happy Liza landed the 3A in the long but one jump can’t hold your whole program up.

SXTN

Final Flight
the voice of reason :pray:

no no no...

72 for tech is way too high. They probably showered her with inflated GOE everywhere. She mad a mistake on the major element. There is no way this program can go over 70 technically with that kind of mistake if you give reasonable GOE.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Evgenia‘s loop was actually called << wasn‘t it?

I didn't check the board with scores but I imagine so. But they're still really close, and Tukt won the free skate by 3 points. Evgenia was first overall because of her lead from the SP, where she was clean and Tukt fell and URed her 3A.

frida80

Record Breaker
I wasn't there at that time :laugh:
But please, even if you disagree with the score of Zhenya, she's not responsible of it.

Good times, 20 page arguments after every competitions whole threads dedicated to the over scoring. She was dominating, and well... that’s what happens.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Had Zhenya landed the 3S 3Lo, I'm sure a World spot would've been easily justifiable. With the fall but still the victory though, any decision will be a controversial one unfortunately.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'd just like to say that my dream team is as BillNeal has said, Sofia Samodurova with her consistency+Liza T with her 3A+Zhenya with her PCS. I'm just going to say that and flee this battlefield :slink:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Honestly the “This wouldn’t score this high internationally” brigade is the most amusing part of this. Of course it wouldn’t. It’s a domestic competition! The scoring between domestic and international has never been comparable in the history of figure skating! This isn’t novel. Take the numbers with a grain of salt. The placements are vastly more important.

Kittosuni

Medalist
plot twist.

Russia will name

Zagitova
Medvedeva
Tuktamysheva.

Rusfed claim Samodurova's scoring ceiling is not high enough to medal even if she skates lights out. lol

SXTN

Final Flight
I want to mention that Evgenia's flutz received higher GOE than Liza's Lutz.

That is so bold.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:ddevil:Were all doomed and poor 3a will be downgraded to 2a next season at the WC ;)

Let’s all freak out together!!!!

I love Zhenya but that was not very convincing IMO. Her jumps might not hold up to a WC panel’s Scrutiny either and she’s fallen in every event I remember this season. Liza on the other hand leaves zero doubt....unless she too falls ;) I don’t think it much matters who they send TBH so I just don’t really care very much either way. I really like both Liza and Zhenya too. I’m quite certain whoever they send will do their best and that’s enough for me.

lusterfan

Final Flight
If we can guarantee everyone skates clean, the team would be Alina, Liza, Zhenya based on highest scoring potential. However this is not an ideal world so Sofia has her merits worthy of being on the team. I wonder who RusFed will hold back??

Mirunna

Record Breaker
plot twist.

Russia will name

Zagitova
Medvedeva
Tuktamysheva.

Rusfed claim Samodurova's scoring ceiling is not high enough to medal even if she skates lights out. lol

It would be very likely if Alina was European champion and Sofia the silver medalist. Otherwise it makes no sense. Sofia medeled on both GP events and is European champion. If there was any posibility her place was in question she would have been called to skate here IMO

pearly

Record Breaker
Who would doubt that :laugh: It is clear that foreigners will have dream-team that will not give us chances for first place.

Are you freakin serious? Two people who said these were their Russian favorites are American and Korean. Neither of them has a skater who has a chance of first place at 2019 Worlds and probably gives very little scheits which country ends up getting gold.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
It would be very likely if Alina was European champion and Sofia the silver medalist. Otherwise it makes no sense. Sofia medeled on both GP events and is European champion. If there was any posibility her place was in question she would have been called to skate here IMO

Sofia average score this season is much lower than both Alinas and Lizas. Zhenya's average is on pair with Sofia. She just won one major competition and that is what keeping her in the game, but her scores are not that good tho If at Worlds all the skaters skate their best from this season she will finish in top 10 at her best, but not higher (top 5 or medal). Alina, Zhenya and Tutk all have much higher scoring potential, but they are not that consistent this season...