Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb

Kittosuni

Medalist
Im Happy Zhenya is going to win but the Margin with Liza is too close :eek:

Both Skaters didnt skate convincingly with Liza falling in the SP and doubling a a combo and Zhenya falling on the combo.

My take, name Zhenya on the worlds team now but have them both skate at Universiade. If Zhenya wins she just solidified heer position and Im sure that PCS will Rise more. If Tuk wins have Zhenya claim injury so that Tuk can get her spot.

In terms of scoring potential Zhenya have the edge since Tuk is breathing on the 3A and her PCS is maxed now

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't understand why people are angry, to be honest? Zhenya deserves the lead on PCS and with her lead from the short and Liza popping the 3T, the maths was straightforward...

Of course, I'm disappointed for Liza because she's the ultimate fighter but I don't get the hate towards the scoring...

It just seems wrong that Liza with that beautiful 3A not to mention her other jumps doesn't get more GOE. It's not fair!

Plus I feel like Med's on her way back up and has next year to slay...Liza not so much.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And that is why you don’t send Stanislava to Worlds.

If Russia is weighing the whole season, Liza should go. But I have a suspicion that Evgenia’s standing plus the fact that Sofia is already going from Team Mishin may swing it the other way.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Do we know when they will announce it? I hope soon so we’re not left in suspense.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Everyone, please remember that yesterday Evgenia was clean and Liza fell, they both have 1 fall between them, and although Evgenia probably URed the 3Lo, Liza also popped a jump and URed her 3A yesterday, they're just a point apart!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I mean, don't get me wrong, Evgenia skated well today but with that fall (and what looked like an underrotation to my eye) she should not be over Liza in the standings.

And it was called by the tech panel. But Liza also had one UR and didn't jump any triple-triple today, so...

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Everyone, please remember that yesterday Evgenia was clean and Liza fell, they both have 1 fall between them, and although Evgenia probably URed the 3Lo, Liza also popped a jump, they're less than a point apart!

the voice of reason :pray:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wow that was close. Great skates from Liza and Zhenya and I’m proud of them both for fighting so well 😊

I think it would be better for Liza to go to worlds but I couldn’t fault them for picking Zhenya

Fluture

Record Breaker
Everyone, please remember that yesterday Evgenia was clean and Liza fell, they both have 1 fall between them, and although Evgenia probably URed the 3Lo, Liza also popped a jump and URed her 3A yesterday, they're less than a point apart!

Evgenia‘s loop was actually called << wasn‘t it?

saphire

On the Ice
I don't think judges will be that generous on pcs at worlds, with downgraded jump and fall. but maybe they will

frida80

Record Breaker
Such a tight race between Zhenia and Liza. Definately goos fight from the both of them. I’m super proud of them. They’ve come a long way this season.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Even throughout the GP circuit, Zhenya had very high PCS with subpar performances. With what she did today, I wouldn't be surprised to see ~75 PCS internationally.