Foreign Television Shows (non-US) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Foreign Television Shows (non-US)

CokGuzel

Final Flight
That's a shame. I really wanted to see more. You couldn't really tell from the ending if a second season was coming because they kind of wrapped up the show nicely but certainly left it open if there was a second season. Good job by the producers for not ending with a clear cliffhanger. That would've killed me. :laugh:

Loved the ending but I wanted more Julia and Fidel. Lol.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
Netflix has both versions available. I watched the subtitled version on Netflix. I can't deal with dubbed versions. I don't know how people watch dubbed shows.

I didn't want to say anything in case someone here watched the dubbed version, but OMG, the dubbed trailer was awful :eek: I've never heard worse actors in my whole life! I'm sure you can tell even if you don't speak Spanish that the actors on "Morocco" are excellent. Even if you can't understand what they're actually saying, they convey so much with just their tone of voice. The dubbing actors, on the other hand, totally sounded like they were just reading off a script :palmf:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Unfortunately, the production company of "Morocco" officially announced today that the show would not be renewed for a second season :noshake: :scratch2: :sad21:

That is too bad. Is the show not popular in Spain? Not popular enough in the U.S.? I looked up the spanish-moroccan war and the war starts in 1921 and ends in 1926, that's five more seasons, lol. I'm really bummed out hearing about this:( Or maybe they just can't get all the actors on board again?

DelRetiro

On the Ice
That is too bad. Is the show not popular in Spain? Not popular enough in the U.S.? I looked up the spanish-moroccan war and the war starts in 1921 and ends in 1926, that's five more seasons, lol. I'm really bummed out hearing about this:( Or maybe they just can't get all the actors on board again?

"Morocco" started with a rating of 2.7 million, and the last episode got 2.3 million. That's respectable, but an Antena 3 (one of the major Spanish networks) show really needs to be over the 3 million threshold for renewal, or at least close with a passionate fan following. Sometimes another network will buy the show & pick up another season ("Vis a vis"/"Lockup" currently on Netflix is an example), but that's a longshot. And as you mentioned, even if another network did pick it up, there is always the complication of getting all the actors on board again.

Smile23

On the Ice
Cable Girls, meanwhile, which is a far less superior show is getting at least 3 seasons. They should've at least given Morocco one more season. They can always find story to tell.

Oh well, the one season we got was good at least. I'll probably watch it again at some point.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
episode four, Morocco....

I can't help but feel sorry for Susana...she really loves Fidel.
The fact that Fidel is willing to risk his own life to save Julia's fiancee really says a lot about how he feels about her. Susana was really upset that he volunteered to be in the rescue party, but she finally gave in when she helped him go through his checklist of things to bring because she loved him that much to respect his decisions. Again, poor Susana, looking on at Fidel and Julia hugging before he goes off to battle. I know that would hurt me terribly if I witness the man I love fall in love with another woman. She doesn't deserve this, but again, he hasn't proposed to her yet. So I wonder what is it about Julia to Fidel that sets her apart from Susana?

In the battle rescue scene, I don't understand why the Moors let the prisoners out, lol (including Julia's fiancee Andres), I just though it didn't make any sense strategy-wise.

And wow, what an INTENSE kiss by Magdalena and Larbi! I can't wait to see more of them!

And I agree that this show needs more SEASONS!

CokGuzel

Final Flight
episode four, Morocco....

I can't help but feel sorry for Susana...she really loves Fidel.
The fact that Fidel is willing to risk his own life to save Julia's fiancee really says a lot about how he feels about her. Susana was really upset that he volunteered to be in the rescue party, but she finally gave in when she helped him go through his checklist of things to bring because she loved him that much to respect his decisions. Again, poor Susana, looking on at Fidel and Julia hugging before he goes off to battle. I know that would hurt me terribly if I witness the man I love fall in love with another woman. She doesn't deserve this, but again, he hasn't proposed to her yet. So I wonder what is it about Julia to Fidel that sets her apart from Susana?

In the battle rescue scene, I don't understand why the Moors let the prisoners out, lol (including Julia's fiancee Andres), I just though it didn't make any sense strategy-wise.

And wow, what an INTENSE kiss by Magdalena and Larbi! I can't wait to see more of them!

And I agree that this show needs more SEASONS!

I'd like to believe Fidel wasn't expecting to meet Julia let alone fall for her. I think it was just one of those "love at first sight" stories but as the series progresses, you can feel how torn he is with his "obligation" to Susana. I think Fidel admires Julia for being brave, he said it a few times , that Julia was brave. I think the idea that Julia left everything to find her brother and her fiance made him think she was a brave woman. Susana is beautiful as well but she's a bit shallow, maybe?
Julia's brother is also a good actor, and Julia's love for her brother is shown very nicely in the story.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
Cable Girls, meanwhile, which is a far less superior show is getting at least 3 seasons. They should've at least given Morocco one more season. They can always find story to tell.

Oh well, the one season we got was good at least. I'll probably watch it again at some point.

Yeah, I've heard that. Trust me, you're hardly alone in your frustration. Plenty of Spaniards have been crying out for another season of "Morocco." The big difference between the shows is that "Morocco" was made for Antena 3 (a Spanish broadcast network) whereas "Cable Girls" was made for Netflix. The ratings just weren't high enough for Antena 3, while I guess the streaming numbers for CG were good enough for Netflix. Plus, compared to the cost of their English-language series, "Cable Girls" is costing Netflix a pittance. Couple the bargain-basement production cost with a sizable Spanish-speaking population in the US plus plenty of English-speaking fans, and the numbers for "Cable Girls" work out brilliantly for Netflix.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
The series creator said in a tweet that there would be no second season because from the start he envisioned just one season. A lot of Spanish series are like that, storylines with defined ends that are intended for just a season or two. Even if the producers have envisioned just one or two seasons for a show, "management" will occasionally override the decision and stretch a series out if the ratings are good. For example, the producers of "Velvet" planned for the show to run just two seasons, but it turned out to be such a ratings blockbuster that Bambu Productions demanded two more seasons. That's why Miguel Angel Silvestre was MIA for almost the entire fourth season of "Velvet." He was under contract for only two seasons. He barely managed to film a third season only by flying back and forth from all over the globe to shoot "Sens8" and "Velvet" simultaneously. By the fourth season he was already filming two series, "Sens8" and "Narcos," so squeezing "Velvet" in was flat-out impossible, no matter how much jet-lag. I'm guessing that they left an opening for a second season of "Morocco" just in case, but the ratings weren't good enough to get a renewal.

I just saw the trailer on Netflix. I had no idea that Netflix was showing a dubbed version of "Morocco." Is there an original version with subtitles available if you'd rather watch that? Or is only the dubbed version available?

Can you tweet back? LOL. Let them know the series, Morocco, has a lot of fans. 😍
I haven’t watched cable girls bec. I don’t like the dubbed version. How do you find the subtitled version? I’m watching on Netflix. Thank so much for the updates here about these shows, I appreciate it very much.

Smile23

On the Ice
Cok, I watched Cable Girls with subtitles. When you click on the episode to start, click on the audio icon (second from the right on the bar down below). Change the setting to Audio European Spanish Original and Subtitles to English.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Cok, I watched Cable Girls with subtitles. When you click on the episode to start, click on the audio icon (second from the right on the bar down below). Change the setting to Audio European Spanish Original and Subtitles to English.

Gracias !!! 😉
I’m trying to get over Fidel... lol. I mean Fidel and Julia. I’ve watched Morocco a few times. Cable girls might cure me.

Smile23

On the Ice
Gracias !!! 😉
I’m trying to get over Fidel... lol. I mean Fidel and Julia. I’ve watched Morocco a few times. Cable girls might cure me.

Cable Girls stars Julio from Grand Hotel so he'll take your mind off Fidel for a while. :biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amazon Prime has a Bulgarian show named "Undercover."

Cop goes undercover with the Bulgarian mafia. I'm a little more than halfway with the first season.

He falls for the crime boss' girlfriend - looks like a dirty cop is leaking to the syndicate. Our hero seems to somehow barely escape being exposed as a cop every episode.

Maybe a little formulaic, but I like that there is a long-term plot with each episode containing its own short-term plot.

CokGuzel

Final Flight

Cop goes undercover with the Bulgarian mafia. I'm a little more than halfway with the first season.

He falls for the crime boss' girlfriend - looks like a dirty cop is leaking to the syndicate. Our hero seems to somehow barely escape being exposed as a cop every episode.

Maybe a little formulaic, but I like that there is a long-term plot with each episode containing its own short-term plot.

I'm only subscribed on netflix-- but this sound interesting.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I'd like to believe Fidel wasn't expecting to meet Julia let alone fall for her. I think it was just one of those "love at first sight" stories but as the series progresses, you can feel how torn he is with his "obligation" to Susana. I think Fidel admires Julia for being brave, he said it a few times , that Julia was brave. I think the idea that Julia left everything to find her brother and her fiance made him think she was a brave woman. Susana is beautiful as well but she's a bit shallow, maybe?
Julia's brother is also a good actor, and Julia's love for her brother is shown very nicely in the story.

I'm on episode 8....

Susana is in denial that Fidel has feelings for Julia, but I still for sorry for her....she even took that nursing class just because Julia was taking it, lol......but she does not have a liking for the Moors for sure, maybe racist towards them, even the queen herself when she saw a Moor was being treated in their hospital, so yeah, for this, I don't like her character as much. I don't know anything about the Spanish Moroccan War, but the queen made it sound like the Moors started it in that scene where she saw a Moor was being treated at their hospital.

Fidel doesn't know what to do....but if Julia would have him, I think he would leave Susana. Julia just needs to admit her feelings for him and let go of her fiancee who is abandoning her to return to the front line! Her effort in finding him alive was all in vain. He is selfish to put her through the suffering again.

Luis is getting on my nerves with him shouting and yelling at Pilar. I wish Pilar would slap him more. But Luis is so handsome, lol. And he was so jealous when he saw Pilar dressing the wounded solder that took an interest in her, lol. This is after he told PIlar he didn't want to talk to her anymore.

Magdalena and Larbi are so in love. It's nice to see two people from different cultural backgrounds learn about one another and fall in love despite friends and family disapproval.

The scene when Magdalena broke out in a night sweat dreaming about making love to Larbi was hilarious, great acting, lol.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty

I just saw the trailer...is this romantic as well?

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Cable Girls stars Julio from Grand Hotel so he'll take your mind off Fidel for a while. :biggrin:

what kind of show is Cable Girls? Is this show romantic? I didn't really give this show a chance...I skipped around in the first episode and gave up on it. Maybe I should revisit it?

Smile23

On the Ice
The scene when Magdalena broke out in a night sweat dreaming about making love to Larbi was hilarious, great acting, lol.

OMG, that was fantastic. And then she instinctively started making out with Pilar when she woke her up. Never try to wake someone up who's having a sex dream. :laugh: