Foreign Television Shows (non-US) | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Foreign Television Shows (non-US)

CokGuzel

Final Flight
we’ve been there, we understand!!

Loveshura:
Here you are :) ...haha. it's like playing hide and seek or is it Seek and You shall find?:laugh2:
I haven't watched Lovebirds, still stuck on Velvet.
It's a bit funny- to hear Spanish for 4 episodes and then back to Turkish-
I might go Span-Turk.
Take care...

LoveShura

On the Ice
Loveshura:
Here you are :) ...haha. it's like playing hide and seek or is it Seek and You shall find?:laugh2:
I haven't watched Lovebirds, still stuck on Velvet.
It's a bit funny- to hear Spanish for 4 episodes and then back to Turkish-
I might go Span-Turk.
Take care...
that is a good one, sorry I thought I saw somewhere you commented on watching Lovebird. Is this your first time with Velvet?

CokGuzel

Final Flight
that is a good one, sorry I thought I saw somewhere you commented on watching Lovebird. Is this your first time with Velvet?

yes, I somehow started both Velvet and Lovebirds then got side tracked. I'm on Season 4 of Velvet, actually jumped to the end because I got impatient. Great ending, thank God. Love it!
Have watched Velvet? I hope they continue with Season 5.

I haven't watched Lovebirds....started on E1 but will watch it next.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
yes, I somehow started both Velvet and Lovebirds then got side tracked. I'm on Season 4 of Velvet, actually jumped to the end because I got impatient. Great ending, thank God. Love it!
Have watched Velvet? I hope they continue with Season 5.

Not a Season 5, but "Velvet" spun off a sequel, "Velvet Colección." Ana & Alberto are off living happily ever after, and Clara becomes the central character. She is in charge of the new Galerías Velvet location in Barcelona. Most but not all the characters continue in the sequel, plus a few new characters are introduced. I saw the first 5 episodes. It was decent but without the great dramatic love story of Ana & Alberto, it wasn't as compelling. I just saw a tweet that "Velvet Colección" is available worldwide on Netflix.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Not a Season 5, but "Velvet" spun off a sequel, "Velvet Colección." Ana & Alberto are off living happily ever after, and Clara becomes the central character. She is in charge of the new Galerías Velvet location in Barcelona. Most but not all the characters continue in the sequel, plus a few new characters are introduced. I saw the first 5 episodes. It was decent but without the great dramatic love story of Ana & Alberto, it wasn't as compelling. I just saw a tweet that "Velvet Colección" is available worldwide on Netflix.

Hi Delretiro: thank you for the heads up. I liked Clara a lot, it's too bad Ana & Alberto are gone.

LoveShura

On the Ice
NazAli, I definitely think it’s worth watching Lovebird!! It reminds me a bit of Velvet. But I feel the ending is supposed to be good and knowing that in real life they just got married last year it’s so cute!! AND Kamran is sooooo cute!! I liked the music and culture etc. Anyone else want to add anything?

Smile23

On the Ice
NazAli, I definitely think it’s worth watching Lovebird!! It reminds me a bit of Velvet. But I feel the ending is supposed to be good and knowing that in real life they just got married last year it’s so cute!! AND Kamran is sooooo cute!! I liked the music and culture etc. Anyone else want to add anything?

To this day, I still hum that jingle that plays during Kamran and Feride's scenes. It's so addictive.

Before I watched Lovebird, I passed over it a few times on Netflix because it came across to me as a cheap tacky masterpiece theater knockoff. I couldn't have been more wrong. You can tell, the producers spent a lot of money on the production. It's not a cheap show at all. From the set design to the costumes, etc. It's beautifully produced. And it really feels like genuine Turkish culture in a way that other Turkish shows don't.

As for NazAli, I recall her telling me that she's watching shows on a list I posted here but she's watching them in reverse order. Lovebird was #1 on my list so I imagine she'll eventually get to it.

CokGuzel

Final Flight

Loveshura, so I just started Lovebird, isn’t Feride the girl the Kurt Seyit married and ended up with, Instead of Shura?

LoveShura

On the Ice
Loveshura, so I just started Lovebird, isn’t Feride the girl the Kurt Seyit married and ended up with, Instead of Shura?
Yes! And it took me a year to get over that! Hahaha! But I decided I like her as an actress and in real life she didn’t run off with Sura’s love!!! :) so I cleared my mind and enjoyed the show and watched them and just imagined how their real relationship must have come about in the making of this show. I wish Netflix would add more with Kivanc(Seyit)!!

Smile23

On the Ice

Yeah...Murka! :laugh:

Lovebird was filmed first so by then the actress what pretty popular. I remember reading that she and the actress who played Murka's mother were added to Season 2 of KS&S for star power since both are pretty well known. The producers probably knew they'd get backlash for breaking up Seyit and Sura so they probably thought cute and bubbly Feride from Lovebird would lessen the blow.

I've been reading a lot about the actors who played Kamran and Feride and apparently they're one of the more popular acting duo in Turkey right now. Just to give you a sense of how popular they are, this is their Instagram followers:

Burak (Kamran): 11 million
Fahriye (Feride/Murka): 7 million

Kivanc (Seyit): 300 K
Farah (Sura): 600 K
Murat (Savas from L&P): 2 million
Nurgul (Yasemin): 2 million

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Yeah...Murka! :laugh:

Lovebird was filmed first so by then the actress what pretty popular. I remember reading that she and the actress who played Murka's mother were added to Season 2 of KS&S for star power since both are pretty well known. The producers probably knew they'd get backlash for breaking up Seyit and Sura so they probably thought cute and bubbly Feride from Lovebird would lessen the blow.

I've been reading a lot about the actors who played Kamran and Feride and apparently they're one of the more popular acting duo in Turkey right now. Just to give you a sense of how popular they are, this is their Instagram followers:

Burak (Kamran): 11 million
Fahriye (Feride/Murka): 7 million

Kivanc (Seyit): 300 K
Farah (Sura): 600 K
Murat (Savas from L&P): 2 million
Nurgul (Yasemin): 2 million

That makes sense... good lord! That's a lot of followers. I saw K&S first, and ended up disliking Murka and her mother. I keep telling myself to get over it, but it takes a while, LOL.

LoveShura

On the Ice
That makes sense... good lord! That's a lot of followers. I saw K&S first, and ended up disliking Murka and her mother. I keep telling myself to get over it, but it takes a while, LOL.
You are so funny, but I was there too! You can do it!!!!!

LoveShura

On the Ice
seyitfan, you recommended Olene Kadar which I noticed has Fahriye in it. Did you watch it all ? And you still recommend it?! I like her but what about the male star?!

Smile23

On the Ice

It's only natural. Sometimes it's a challenge separating an actor from a specific role. This is why Hollywood regularly typecasts their movies, it's because viewers are more comfortable watching their favorites playing the same role.

Luckily, the role of Murka hasn't affected Fahriye's career because she's still very much in demand, in TV series, movies, and commercials. I think it helped that most Turks watcher her first in Lovebird and were probably excited to see her in KS&S. From my own experience, when I first saw her in KS&S, I literally jumped out of my seat because 1) I didn't know she was in KS&S and 2) I loved her from Lovebird. When she walked off that train and that headscarf got blown away, I literally melted from the warm and fuzzies. :laugh: I think that was the intention of her debut, and it worked for me.

Just take your time. Feride is a lovable character, although she also makes you want to strangle her at times, but I'm sure after a few episodes, you'll be fine.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
It's only natural. Sometimes it's a challenge separating an actor from a specific role. This is why Hollywood regularly typecasts their movies, it's because viewers are more comfortable watching their favorites playing the same role.

Luckily, the role of Murka hasn't affected Fahriye's career because she's still very much in demand, in TV series, movies, and commercials. I think it helped that most Turks watcher her first in Lovebird and were probably excited to see her in KS&S. From my own experience, when I first saw her in KS&S, I literally jumped out of my seat because 1) I didn't know she was in KS&S and 2) I loved her from Lovebird. When she walked off that train and that headscarf got blown away, I literally melted from the warm and fuzzies. :laugh: I think that was the intention of her debut, and it worked for me.

Just take your time. Feride is a lovable character, although she also makes you want to strangle her at times, but I'm sure after a few episodes, you'll be fine.
——-
Ah, it’s so interesting how we experience these shows and have different perspectives based on what we watched first. I probably would have liked Murka/Feride except we were all rooting for Sura. I’m GLAD I got over Seyit though ,lol. That took a few months 🤣
On another note, anyone still watching Velvet? In S4; I’m just curious why Silk, the company Alberto opened in NY had no customers, if it was a store. Someone had suggested it was more than a shop. And the time jump of 5 years later, was sort of a stretch. Funny how he would be away that long if he really loved Ana. I love that they had a son, little Alberto. Very nice ending.
Just wanted to share, the actor who plays Alberto in Velvet is also in Sense8. So I started to watch Sense8; I wanted to see how good his English was and he is pretty good! I learned the reason he wasn’t much in Season 4 was because he was busy with Sense8.
Take care everyone.

Smile23

On the Ice
——-
Ah, it’s so interesting how we experience these shows and have different perspectives based on what we watched first. I probably would have liked Murka/Feride except we were all rooting for Sura. I’m GLAD I got over Seyit though ,lol. That took a few months 🤣
On another note, anyone still watching Velvet? In S4; I’m just curious why Silk, the company Alberto opened in NY had no customers, if it was a store. Someone had suggested it was more than a shop. And the time jump of 5 years later, was sort of a stretch. Funny how he would be away that long if he really loved Ana. I love that they had a son, little Alberto. Very nice ending.
Just wanted to share, the actor who plays Alberto in Velvet is also in Sense8. So I started to watch Sense8; I wanted to see how good his English was and he is pretty good! I learned the reason he wasn’t much in Season 4 was because he was busy with Sense8.
Take care everyone.

KS&S gave me the worst anxiety. To this day, I still can't watch it again. Just the thought of having to sit thru all that heartache and tragedy makes me nauseous. :laugh:

As for Velvet, I didn't love Season 4 nor did I find Alberto and Ana's reunion satisfying simply because 1) it felt too rushed and 2) the five year thing just didn't ring true to me. I guess the writers thought well he studied in London and he was away for many years so it's possible it would happen again. But the second time involved too many variables that made Alberto's absence unbelievable. 1) He proposed to Ana 2) they slept together 3) Ana had become more involved in running Velvet 4) it's not realistic that he never heard about their son and many others.

Then he came back, they reunited, there's a fire, he finds out about his son, they get married all in less than 2 episodes. Not a fan of the execution. They should've worked out a schedule where Alberto could come back earlier in Season 4 and give us a proper reunion.