Peacock Problem | Golden Skate

Peacock Problem

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was able to watch the US National Junior short programs on Wednesday, but when I tried to get to the Pairs FS, I got a message saying the video could not be run on this device. I tried everything, including going to live chat, but no one seemed to be interested in helping me other than suggesting I open Peacock in a private window (that didn't work at all).

Then when I looked at my account, I saw a message saying "Payment problem". I went to the website of the credit card company I was using. It showed the charge for Peacock was entered on Jan 20th and was pending for Jan 21st (today). Looking backwards, payment to Peacock has been made every month that way: entered on the 20th and processed on the 21st. I attempted to call Peacock at the number on the credit card account, but they would not take phone calls and referred to the website so no help there.

I guess that means that if I want to watch skating videos on Peacock I can do so ---- but not on the 21st of the month. I am at a loss on how to get this matter rectified.
BTW, I still cannot look at FS videos on Peacock, and now it's the 22nd. I don't know what to do about this.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
chuckm, THANK YOU for sharing this. I got that same message last night, and was unable to figure out the problem even with assistance from the most tech-savvy member of my household.

And this was as I was streaming Peacock without any problem at all, on another device!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Today I checked my credit card account for the Peacock posting and it had been processed. So I could get back on Peacock today and see some of what I missed yesterday---but of course it is not the same, as I already know how everyone did.

But I am still left with the same problem: on the 21st of the month, if there is new FS on Peacock, I won't be able to see it. Still don't know how I can prevent this from happening again.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I subscribed to Peacock and paid the yearly fee. That said if you are paying a monthly charge and it gets deducted automatically every month from your card your service should not be interrupted. Hope you can get it taken care of.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How did you pay the yearly fee? I'd rather do that than be in limbo once a month.

katymay

Medalist
I had a similar problem, and it turned out the problem was using an Apple Mac Book. I switched to a Windows machine and I had no problem. (If I had to guess, it would be that the MacBook encryption level is the issue).

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I had a similar problem, and it turned out the problem was using an Apple Mac Book. I switched to a Windows machine and I had no problem. (If I had to guess, it would be that the MacBook encryption level is the issue).
I used a MacBook just fine.