Random Confessions | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I braved tumblr to find a British Eurosport version of yuzuru’s Olympic freeskate and lived to tell the tale.

Tumblr is somthing, yeah...

Though, I have to admit that I found out about Denis death through tumblr. And on the Football blog. I literally thought it was a joke, until I checked the GS.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The video of today. And probably good for everyday https://youtu.be/kD_Fr3VAsYM

I wish I had a part of her strenght and attitude towards life. She says in a video that she wants to bring the life into places that are not associated with it, that 'there is life everywhere'. And it happens now. She is a proof of that. She is of my younger sister's age and it wrecks me inside to see how hungry she is for living, but there is a limit.

Mussique

On the Ice
While I understand the need to have economic support for the forums, I don't think I can pay for it. It's not even that it is expensive. Ahh —such a pity. I guess I'll be around the free spaces and sign up for a Spanish skating forum to still follow closely enough the rest of the skating season... or something like that. I'll really miss the competition forums tho.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I understand the need to have economic support for the forums, I don't think I can pay for it. It's not even that it is expensive. Ahh —such a pity. I guess I'll be around the free spaces and sign up for a Spanish skating forum to still follow closely enough the rest of the skating season... or something like that. I'll really miss the competition forums tho.

I’m about to pay for my season pass and I was going to buy one extra pass for a fellow GS poster. Would you like to have it? I’d be more than happy to donate it to you :)

Mussique

On the Ice
I’m about to pay for my season pass and I was going to buy one extra pass for a fellow GS poster. Would you like to have it? I’d be more than happy to donate it to you :)

Oh, wow, that's so kind of you to offer!!! I read this post yesterday and was kind of left speechless... You definitely don't have to, because there may be other people who need it... that being said I'd definitely appreciate it and would be forever thankful. In fact, just that you made the offer is enough to cheer me up. It's truly very very kind of you :thank:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Honestly, I'm half feeling puzzled and half pleasantly surprised at so many new and unfamiliar names in GS. However, I guess that's because of the nearest Olympics and I'm also reminded that new comers make the place lively with new perspectives. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Today marks the 1000th day of my running streak. I started the streak on Nov. 26, 2015 and am still at it. I have run more than 2k miles over this period. I actually managed to cram in a daily mile when I attended both 2016 Worlds and 2018 U.S. Nationals (thank you hotel treadmills.)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Arrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I have just heard some very exciting news about one of my favourite skaters from a third party (who is definitely a reliable source, because they were part of the process that led to it). And I am dying to talk about it, but I know fine well that it will be ages before it is announced officially. :drama:

Ugh, I wish that everybody got their announcements about next season out of the way early in the off-season! At least then we would have something concrete to talk about, rather than speculating and talking nonsense. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

If anybody is interested to know what this post from 12[SUP]th[/SUP] May was about, I have now announced it in the relevant Fan Fest thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56054-Team-Cyprus&p=2159484&viewfull=1#post2159484

Incidentally, one of the paragraphs also reveals the meaning behind my 10,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post, which was referred to in this post from this thread:

Somebody's been a busy boy! :laugh: ;)

I like to make my milestone posts special ones (e.g. my 1,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post; my 5,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post). But, I didn't notice when I hit 10,000. NNF told me in a PM afterwards! :palmf:

Thankfully, when I then checked to see what my 10,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post was, it turned out to be a cryptic reference to one of my favourite people in the world. So, that was a relief.

So, my advice to you would be to think carefully about what you write for your next post, so that you make this milestone post of your's a special one.

CaroLiza_fan

So glad to finally get all this off my chest. It was hard work sitting on it for so long! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

iorii

On the Ice
Thank you for the support comments that some members have posted to me regarding my situation in the past. Thank you, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your words and wishes mean a lot to me, I'm sorry I'm late.

It's very hectic at my new job, but I'm tackling it and I've been doing pretty fine. I just hope I'll be able to steal watching FS livestream at work when it happens during office hour :laugh:

Asian Games is happening now and I watched our national team's girls volleyball. We have a strong team! I loved the match, I want to watch more volleyball matches now.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/mfkJ-GSf3j0
This is just pure genius - I started to watch some K-pop music videos not long ago and today THIS appeared in my feed, the camera work, the acting and whole concept are just brilliant!!!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
JGP starts tomorrow! :cheer:

(also, sorry for the lack of analysis in the program pairing thread; I'm doing college planning thingys...)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They are incredible, I am binge-watching videos with them after seeing them on World of Dance https://youtu.be/8iiPMmHUb28 :bow:
The level of tasteful insanity of their dance is difficult to process - it is uber crazy, but so exciting. And even in more 'low-key' conditions they amaze me how natural it all feels, the way he leads her and looks at her is everything, like she is his biggest strenght on the floor https://youtu.be/fg-_4eOI8xw

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I started thinking of predictions for the senior GP. And I'm very excited how this new season will be with new faces, alterations to the IJS, and more potential for skaters where there wasn't due to others being in the field. The GP is wide open this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well. I have officially started senior year. :eeking:

You'll do great! Remember to enjoy the fun stuff and don't get to hung up on figuring out THE FUTURE. :laugh:

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a 199 mile running relay, Hood to Coast. I am going to run 16 miles (over three legs) in the course of 20 hours. I'm a bit nervous, but excited too -- I trained really hard this summer and I want some reward for my work! :)

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
It feels so good to be watching competitions live again with everyone! By the way, I checked last year's JGP live threads, and the ones from today are twice as long :) It's great to see how much the GS community has grown.