Random Confessions | Page 121 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I’ve been writing a really cool song and have most of the musical arrangements in order. I’m really excited about this one but haven’t been able to write down a single word. Like not one word set in stone yet. :laugh: It’s not really writers block as much as I have no idea what I want to write about but maybe that is writers block :scratch2: Anyway... I think sometimes I overthink these things and wind up disrupting creativity by the weight of unreasonable expectations.

Any suggestions how to break the funk of writers block in general since I think I’m admitting to myself as having it via this post :laugh2:

I have never written lyrics so this might be off the mark, but when I just have an image/feeling and not the words for a story I just let it sit for a bit, waiting to see if a story is going to come out of it. I have to admit that I have tons of those images stored in a text file (ie not written as a story), but all the good pieces I have written so far wrote themselves, so to speak. Since you have the music ready, it might be helpful to just figure out what the music says on its own, let that sit for a bit, and then let the image/feeling/etc morph itself into words.

I sound really vague, I'm sorry, but I don't know how to describe that spiritual something in concrete terms... :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My latest random confession is that I have always got confused by the whole cousin terminology. I knew that my aunt's / uncle's child was my cousin, but anything beyond that just flummoxed me. :confused:

But a couple of days ago I saw the following picture on Facebook, and it just explained EVERYTHING I have wondered about:

https://www.facebook.com/northernir...826500773491/1174376902718443/?type=3&theater

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

All on a drying cloth! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I ordered a little gold crown decoration on Monday, and today I got a package containing a PINK one :gaah: I have to pay 2500 won (approx. $2) for the shipping fee if I were to return or exchange it, and the thing costs about $3!! :curse: Now I'm stuck with a goddamn useless CHERRY PINK crown AND I have to find/order a proper gold one, I'm frustrated as hell right now :angry1:

I chose the DIY option because 1)I can't draw for my life and 2)you need a design to place an order for doll clothing, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should've contacted my art student friend and commissioned her for a design. I'd have shelled out about the same amount anyway and I wouldn't have had to deal with this damn pink crown. Gah if this Prince CHArming project fails I'm going to put everything down and reflect on how I'm failing at life

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I used to be so snow-white that I could never find makeup light enough. Then some new research about sun exposure came out. I stopped slathering myself in SPF 50 every day and in addition to having a ton more energy and sleeping better, I got a tan.

...Now I'm, like, bog-standard white person color and STILL have trouble finding makeup because my shade is usually sold out. The universe does not want me to obtain makeup easily, apparently.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I sent a (rather costly) Christmas present to my good friends around December 12.. days later my friends called me but no mention of the gift (which is not like them) but I was not concerned... until the Christmas card I sent them was returned to me yesterday as undeliverable!! Apparently, I sent the card AND the package to their old address (duh!!) even though they moved more than 5 years ago :palmf::bang: in hindsight, the "newer" address (ahem) is very similar to the old one but the scumbags who live at their old address returned the card to sender but kept the gift!!! Sometimes I just do not understand people .....:rolleye:

Ducky

On the Ice
I’ve been writing a really cool song and have most of the musical arrangements in order. I’m really excited about this one but haven’t been able to write down a single word. Like not one word set in stone yet. :laugh: It’s not really writers block as much as I have no idea what I want to write about but maybe that is writers block :scratch2: Anyway... I think sometimes I overthink these things and wind up disrupting creativity by the weight of unreasonable expectations.

Any suggestions how to break the funk of writers block in general since I think I’m admitting to myself as having it via this post :laugh2:

Not a lyricist at all but I am very good at satirical song lyrics (SNL, Colbert, hire me!) and I find that it's helpful to come up with the rhythm and vowel sounds first and then fit the words around them.

My random confession, despite having studied poetry I cannot for the live of me spell rhythm on my first try.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Dare I say that there is a lot resemblance between Junhwan and Soohorang? Looks great!!!

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I'm pushing Soohorang as his mascot :biggrin: I need to figure out the lace for the shoulders, but so far my money and patience is paying off :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Christmas greetings in front of freshly decorated tree:) :) :)
IMG_20181222_190038.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just signed into Facebook for the first time in a few days, and saw this at the top of my notifications:

You have a new friend suggestion: Alexander Grishin

:shocked:

I used to think Facebook didn't get me, but it seems they know me better than I thought...

CaroLiza_fan