Random Confessions | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Time for another confession.

With there being so much snooker on Eurosport this season, I had got over a month behind in the soaps that I watch. And since they only stay on the On Demand services for 30 days, this meant I had to find older episodes elsewhere when I came to watch them a few weeks ago. And the answer was... Daily Motion! :eek:

Although I hate the way that Daily Motion inserts adverts when somebody is not just mid-sentence but mid-word, I actually found something interesting.

The advert that they kept inserting was for some airline that I had never heard tell of. And it had some girl talking about why she uses them. And as soon as I saw her, my jaw dropped.

She looked just like Miki Ando. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Except that this girl was not Japanese - she was white. In fact, she looked like the stereotype of an Irish person, with the extremely pale skin and ginger hair.

Although I had never come across her before, the way the advert was put together gave me the impression that she was already well-known. So, I did a search for the name of the airline and the word advert, and quickly found out that she is.

It turns out that she is an English actress called Eleanor Tomlinson (IMDB Bio; Wikipedia; Google Image Results).

And since then, I can't turn around without seeing pictures of her! :drama: :laugh: Because the latest series of Poldark has just started, and she plays the title character's wife!

Needless to say, I have never paid any attention to Poldark. But, since I now know that we have a really cute girl in it that looks like Miki Ando, I might start paying more attention! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. In case you are wondering, I finally got caught up last week.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eleanor has a lovely voice too and she is an excellent actress from childhood... she also plays a really good villain as evidenced by her turn in Poirot's "Labors of Hercules"..

Mmmmm. Not sure I want to see Eleanor as a villain. I like her too much.

She does have a really nice singing voice. I could have listened to that for a lot longer.

And now you've started me hunting for more recordings of her singing. :biggrin:

A young Eleanor in "The Illusionist"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-2Jzf5nyw

Eleanor! You're far too young in this clip to be kissing boys! :shocked: :laugh: (She was 14)

There again, when I looked her up after seeing that ad, the first non-Poldark acting clip I could find of her was when she was in "Angus, Thongs And Perfect Snogging" from a couple of years later.

I always thought that the title was just a catchy line. I never imagined that thongs really did feature in it! :eek: :laugh:

But, now Eleanor has let me know otherwise...

CaroLiza_fan

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
That last bit..:laugh2:
It's a long bumpy road to fame & fortune
And, yes, I see the resemblance to Miki Ando..

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Needless to say, I have never paid any attention to Poldark. But, since I now know that we have a really cute girl in it that looks like Miki Ando, I might start paying more attention! ;) :biggrin:

And *why* haven't you been paying attention to Poldark? :biggrin: Of course, I remember the original with swashbuckling Robin Ellis and lovely Angharad Rees hiding in a ridiculous red wig, but it was great. And the new one is lots of fun too, although since we cut the cord, we're a season behind.

And my spousal unit, even though he's an old straight guy that stereotypically should not enjoy period pieces, also loves Poldark. In both versions. ;) I'm not sure how he feels about Eleonor:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And *why* haven't you been paying attention to Poldark? :biggrin: Of course, I remember the original with swashbuckling Robin Ellis and lovely Angharad Rees hiding in a ridiculous red wig, but it was great. And the new one is lots of fun too, although since we cut the cord, we're a season behind.

And my spousal unit, even though he's an old straight guy that stereotypically should not enjoy period pieces, also loves Poldark. In both versions. ;) I'm not sure how he feels about Eleonor:laugh:

I've just never been into period dramas. Simple as that.

That said, I did enjoy the period dramas that Arirang used to show a few years ago (the programmes on Arirang were on a loop, and I came across the dramas because one of the showings just happened to be when I am eating my breakfast). Because I found out a lot about Korean culture and history through them. But, unfortunately, they have now stopped showing dramas.

And reading again the bit you quoted made me realise that it could be minconstrued. When I used the phrase "needless to say", I meant that me not recognising Eleanor made it obvious that I had never watched Poldark. Not that it should be obvious that I don't watch it.

(The perils of writing things! :drama: )

So, sorry if anybody was offended.

CaroLiza_fan

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^
Oh, I wasn't offended, I was just trying to encourage you to watch a little, if you were so inclined.

In fact, we watched Poldark tonight, but now I'm thinking of Miki Ando while looking at Demelza :drama: :laugh:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not really a random confession: But I'm hating the NHL expansion draft. My fave team the Caps decided not to protect Nate Schmidt and now he going to the Las Vegas Golden Nights. I've been so upset once I heard the news.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Not really a random confession: But I'm hating the NHL expansion draft. My fave team the Caps decided not to protect Nate Schmidt and now he going to the Las Vegas Golden Nights. I've been so upset once I heard the news.

Join the club, many NHL fans are having the same issue, it is what it is at this point. :confused2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Join the club, many NHL fans are having the same issue, it is what it is at this point. :confused2:

And Nate Schmidt is what I consider the Jason Brown of the Caps...well Golden Knights now (I REFUSE TO CALL HIM A GOLDEN KNIGHT) in that his personality makes people smile so much. Like them being themselves and naturally happy happy makes others happy, great personality.....you know? And that he was considered to be a top 4 D-Man for the Caps next season. Then, they decided to protect Dmitry Orlov over Schmidt. I cried on and off for a few hours. Especially when the official announcement came.

And despite me being a Caps fan and we have a big rivalry with the Penguins, I feel bad for Penguins fans as well. Because they lost Marc-Andre Fleury.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fleury wanted to go... he wants to play and as goalie #2 or 3? he wasn't getting ice.... his fans will rejoice for him.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I turn 40 next March and still haven't got a complete grasp on how to adult properly lol! I've been told life starts at 40 and it better be true as turning 30 was a disaster! Whoever coined the term 30 is the new 20 was obviously some lucky person that had things go their way in life :confused:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
I am leaving for a week on Sunday to my hometown, holiday time:), probably won't have an Internet access so wishing You all a happy next week!:cheer:

and I decided that I just HAVE TO buy new laptop in July, but I have no idea which one...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am leaving for a week on Sunday to my hometown, holiday time:), probably won't have an Internet access so wishing You all a happy next week!:cheer:

and I decided that I just HAVE TO buy new laptop in July, but I have no idea which one...

apple ;) i have had mine for so long and it still works so well ;) and i did buy a refurbished one from the apple online store 80% of the retail price and better than new ;)

to keep on the celebration in 3 hours, Quebec celebrates its national holiday!!!!! PARTY!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I turn 40 next March and still haven't got a complete grasp on how to adult properly lol! I've been told life starts at 40 and it better be true as turning 30 was a disaster! Whoever coined the term 30 is the new 20 was obviously some lucky person that had things go their way in life :confused:

You're just a 20 year old with 20 years experience. Being a proper adult is not what it's cracked up to be.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
apple ;) i have had mine for so long and it still works so well ;) and i did buy a refurbished one from the apple online store 80% of the retail price and better than new ;)

to keep on the celebration in 3 hours, Quebec celebrates its national holiday!!!!! PARTY!

Bonne fête de la St-Jean-Baptiste!:hb:

Who is a certainly a popular guy, because San Juan Bautista is also a huge holiday in Puerto Rico, and as my area has a large Puerto Rican population, the parties start soon!:dance3: