Random Confessions | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Me too. His name is Eli and he died on Wednesday. Is it too melodramatic to say my heart is broken?

:sad4: Oh, no ... I am very sad to hear that your beloved Eli is gone. My condolences :console:.

I always looked forward to your affectionate mentions of his strong presence in your life. It was obvious how much he meant to you, so it is completely understandable (and not at all melodramatic) to say that your heart is broken.
It was very heartwarming that you went to great lengths to give him the absolutely best care he could possibly have.

Thanks for giving us a chance to get to know and love Eli too. We will miss him :ghug:.

If it would not be too painful for you, I hope that in his memory, you will keep your avatar. It has made me smile every time I see him :luv17:.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Me too. His name is Eli and he died on Wednesday. Is it too melodramatic to say my heart is broken?

oh nooooo i am so sorry to hear that... so many nights spent with you and your dog, watching competitions in asia. Reading this makes me so sad. HUGS

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

I'm really sorry to hear this. I was more than heart broken and was traumatized for a few years. My canine soulmate came to this world to be my companion and teacher. I am happy to say I have learned well and am at peace - with everything. I wish for you to find peace too. Eli was a gift; so is his memory. Treasure and enjoy.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Thanks Guys. You are all too kind.

Unfortunately my former roommate came by on Tuesday and he left the back gate open. Eli had never, not in 9 years, had had access to an open gate. He ran out into traffic (we live on a busy street) and got hit by a car. He broke his pelvis. He could have had surgery but with his per-existing conditions it was unlikely he'd survive. Because of his kidney problems and the cartilage problem in his hind end he would have had to heal without the best painkillers so he would have been in a lot of pain. We made the choice to let him go. I don't think I've gone more than a few hours without crying since.

Anyway, thank you all for your condolences.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ancientpeas,

you know we are softies here... i teared up reading your post. i know how much puppies matter to us... i also lost mine in the fall as you know.

i remember all these dishes you were making for him so he could eat things that were agreeing with his needs.

hugs!!!!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
ancientpeas,

you know we are softies here... i teared up reading your post. i know how much puppies matter to us... i also lost mine in the fall as you know.

i remember all these dishes you were making for him so he could eat things that were agreeing with his needs.

hugs!!!!

Thanks.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks Guys. You are all too kind.

Unfortunately my former roommate came by on Tuesday and he left the back gate open. Eli had never, not in 9 years, had had access to an open gate. He ran out into traffic (we live on a busy street) and got hit by a car. He broke his pelvis. He could have had surgery but with his per-existing conditions it was unlikely he'd survive. Because of his kidney problems and the cartilage problem in his hind end he would have had to heal without the best painkillers so he would have been in a lot of pain. We made the choice to let him go. I don't think I've gone more than a few hours without crying since.

Anyway, thank you all for your condolences.

Every dog parent's worst fear. My heart breaks for you and your loss. :cry:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, ancientpeas, I'm so sorry. I lost a sweet furry one in the same way years ago. It's not melodramatic to say you're heartbroken, because you are. :ghug: :ghug:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry, ancientpeas. I know how special your big boy was. Pets are part of the family and it is devastating to lose them. Hugs. :console: :ghug: :sad4:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:ghug: Ancientpeas. I'm so sorry to hear this. I just started crying reading your explanation of what happened to sweet Eli.

As a dog mommy myself, I just want to send all of the hugs and support to you in this time, my heart just broke for you. :console:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

dear ancienpeas, no thing is 'melodramatic' when we lose someone important in our lives, if I lost my dog after so many years with me, I'd cry everywhere and anytime. As I considered Eli as a integral part of GS Forum for me, it's hard to accept such loss. Now, sitting at work I have tears in my eyes, because I'm seeing Your avatar and his smiley face.

Please take care and take Your time to come at peace with the situation (as much as it will be possible). I have no doubt he had a great life with You, but the way You described he got hit and then passed away, it's just heartbreaking to hear. Since I can't give You a real hug, I'm sending You GS hugs:ghug:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ancientpeas, so sorry for your loss. Eli was so special for you. Sending you hugs :ghug:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ancientpeas, my heart breaks for you. It's always hard to lose a beloved pet, especially when it happens out of nowhere. It's harder still when you have to decide on treatment. My cat Elijah (my avatar) became very ill last November, without warning, and I also chose to let him go so that he wouldn't suffer, out of love. So sorry for your loss.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Ancientpeas I am so sorry for your loss
Been there myself so many times..
The pain deeply felt, the love neverending, memories bittersweet
Hugs & Tears. :ghug: :sad4:

"Knowing that, when light has gone, love remains for shining..."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning - To Flush, My Dog

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sorry to hear you lost your family member (because I know that's who Eli was to you), Ancientpeas :sad21: It's in no way a melodramtic to have your heart borken. Take your time, cry as much as you need to heal :console: :ghug:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My post count seems ridiculously high....I've been trying my best to tame it down. :eek::