Random Confessions | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good dancing, especially from her.

That's because she is an actual professional tango dancer from Argentina. :agree:

Looking them up earlier, I found that she used to dance with a guy called Lucas Gou, while he used to throw knives at a girl called Amanda Kiss. And when this partnership got together, they combined their specialities into one act.

Oh, and they're married.

CaroLiza_fan

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
That's because she is an actual professional tango dancer from Argentina. :agree:

Looking them up earlier, I found that she used to dance with a guy called Lucas Gou, while he used to throw knives at a girl called Amanda Kiss. And when this partnership got together, they combined their specialities into one act.

Oh, and they're married.

CaroLiza_fan

Why does she remind me of Barbara Fusar Poli? :laugh:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Make sure you get a receipt for anything donated for tax write off...

Oh, I'm already way ahead on that. I have a spreadsheet too, listing what's actually in the bags, since some clothes items are valued at more than others.

I donated 5 big bags of clothing/shoes/linens today. I also recycled se sneakers at a local running store and called a few shelters to inquire as to their donation procedures. Then I went to UPS to inquire about shipping prices, which led me to finally decide to donate my dishes and glasses because the price to safely pack them and ship them is enough that it's more financially feasible to just buy new ones

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, I'm already way ahead on that. I have a spreadsheet too, listing what's actually in the bags, since some clothes items are valued at more than others.

I donated 5 big bags of clothing/shoes/linens today. I also recycled se sneakers at a local running store and called a few shelters to inquire as to their donation procedures. Then I went to UPS to inquire about shipping prices, which led me to finally decide to donate my dishes and glasses because the price to safely pack them and ship them is enough that it's more financially feasible to just buy new ones

Cool !! Recycling at its best...:biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Oh, and they're married.

CaroLiza_fan

There may be better tango dancers but who else can dance as well as she in between posing in front of knife boards?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why does she remind me of Barbara Fusar Poli? :laugh:

Right enough! Mina does look a lot like Barbara.

Except, the difference is that if it was Barbara, it would be her throwing the knives! :laugh:

On the subject of BGT acts looking like skaters, there was a young couple doing ballet dance on last night's Semi. And the girl reminded me a lot of Carolina Kostner.

I'll be honest, I didn't like their Semi performance (they really jumped the shark for me when Grace started flying). So, here is their first audition:

Grace Durkin / Ali Rasul

Anyway, sorry for taking the conversation so far off topic.

CaroLiza_fan

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I desperately need to go on holiday but sadly won't be able to anytime in the near future. :(

Can't say I like this so I won't... but make sure to take time to zone out.... ie, a little time in the midst of the busy to relax... escaping briefly to a favorite spot to breath easy, meditate, having a quiet meal of healthful foods, popping into a quiet space for a few minutes, a park, gallery, church.. or just closing your eyes for a minute and let the world and it's pressures recede can be like mini vacations. Then... get away at the first opportunity. So important... Take care.. :agree:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My confession: I never watch Britain's Got Talent (is it even on in Canada?) or America's Got Talent, but I am enjoying the clips that were posted here.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I friggin' hate being sick with stomach bugs, especially when it's as warm as recently in Poland...I felt so weak on Tuesday even my hips and my spine hurt:confused:

this kind of sickness really get the life out of me...and now, I have no appetite for anything, strong smells of food make me ill (it's really bad when there is warm, you want to open your window wide, but overwhelming smell of meat is attacking you, hate that too:palmf:)

I am sorry for this ranting confession:ghug:

then, on a brighter note, my mum called me in the morning to wish me happy Children's Day, I told her that lots of health will be enough:laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My confession: I never watch Britain's Got Talent (is it even on in Canada?) or America's Got Talent, but I am enjoying the clips that were posted here.

I don't have the patience to sit through all the fluff pieces during Dancing With the Stars. I only tuned in to watch mostly the figure skaters, plus Laurie Hernandez & Simone Biles.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I friggin' hate being sick with stomach bugs, especially when it's as warm as recently in Poland...I felt so weak on Tuesday even my hips and my spine hurt:confused:

this kind of sickness really get the life out of me...and now, I have no appetite for anything, strong smells of food make me ill (it's really bad when there is warm, you want to open your window wide, but overwhelming smell of meat is attacking you, hate that too:palmf:)

I am sorry for this ranting confession:ghug:

then, on a brighter note, my mum called me in the morning to wish me happy Children's Day, I told her that lots of health will be enough:laugh:

:console: There, there, there! :hugs:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Awww. Thanks.

But, I wouldn't get too excited. The two best singers that were in the Semi's this year have both been put out by the public vote (they changed the rules this year so that the judges don't choose between the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] placed acts in the public vote. It is the Top 2 that go through this year).

On Tuesday night, there was a 14 year old Irish girl who sings opera and is absolutely brilliant (and that's coming from somebody who doesn't like female opera singers).

Leah Barniville - Audition; Semi-Final

But she didn't make it into the Top 3. Although, to be fair, there were quite a few good acts that night, and it was a toss up as to which would go through (Grace and Ali, the dancers I linked to, finished 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] that night).

But, last night's results were a joke! There was a 15 year old girl who Simon Cowell gave his Golden Buzzer to in the auditions to put her straight through to the Semis. And although there were quite a few good acts in her Semi, she was miles in front of all of them.

Sarah Ikumu - Audition; Semi-Final

Yet, she only finished third. Granted, the guy that won deserved to go through (see below). But a wee brat that thinks he's funny by slagging off everybody came second. You should have seen Simon's face when it was announced that he had got through. He was raging!

Here is last night's winner:

Tokio Myers - Audition; Semi-Final

The worst of it is that, based on the auditions, tonight's Semi is going to be very weak. And this uneven distribution makes you feel angry for the better acts that didn't get through earlier in the week.

I know fine well that Sarah will get the Judges' wildcard, but I am still gutted for Leah.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Can't say I like this so I won't... but make sure to take time to zone out.... ie, a little time in the midst of the busy to relax... escaping briefly to a favorite spot to breath easy, meditate, having a quiet meal of healthful foods, popping into a quiet space for a few minutes, a park, gallery, church.. or just closing your eyes for a minute and let the world and it's pressures recede can be like mini vacations. Then... get away at the first opportunity. So important... Take care.. :agree:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Seeing Liza's holiday photo from Phuket yesterday reminded me of a confession I meant to make a few weeks ago.

In preparation for tweaking the introduction to her Fan Fest, I looked up the Instagram page for a skater I have adopted. Now, I have to admit that I hadn't visited her Instagram page for a year or two. It is one of those accounts with a strange, hard to remember address. Plus, she isn't actually competing any more.

But, I was looking through the photos, and I found some holiday pics from a couple of months ago (it doesn't sound right describring going back to the town she grew up in as "a holiday", but I suppose that's what it was). And when I saw some photos of her by the pool, I discovered something that I wasn't expecting:

SHE HAS A BODY TO DIE FOR!!!!!! :jaw: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Now, bearing in mind that I haven't seen much of her since she was competing in Juniors a few years ago, this came as a real surprise. A really nice surprise! ;) :biggrin:

Her skating career may be over, but I am still a proud adoptive father. She is currently at University, and seems to be doing very well in the new direction her life is taking.

I wish her all the best for the future.

CaroLiza_fan