Roman Kostomarov recovering after hospitalization | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Roman Kostomarov recovering after hospitalization

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No one has to be subjected to endless "treatments" when the end result is going to be extreme disability or extensive brain damage. Anyone who wants to avoid such an outcome has only to make in advance a LIVING WILL which sets forth the conditions for limiting the extent of medical intervention. This should be filed with the primary physician as well as the immediate family, and should be given to the hospital prior to admission.
Is this the case in Russia?

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Read the article above and don't miss the comments! People not too happy with Averbukh!

Amei

Record Breaker
Read the article above and don't miss the comments! People not too happy with Averbukh!

Yeah I saw some of those, I noticed he remarked in the latest article that the shows weren't 'financially' supporting Kostomarov but earlier in the thread someone commented that he said they were to some extent going to be giving some (but not all) of the money from the shows to Kostomarov's family. It just comes off sleazy like he's wanting to make himself look like a hero in the situation but not necessarily committing to it with his actions. A better thing to do would have been to say they were going to pay Kostomarov's salary as if he was participating in the shows, that would have been money already budgeted for in the show productions and is an actionable deed towards helping Kostomarov.

He's like the person that wears the pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness month or puts it on their social media page and that's the extent of it, there's no financial or time contributions to the actual cause.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I noticed he remarked in the latest article that the shows weren't 'financially' supporting Kostomarov

I think this is an interpretation error.
I think Averbukh means in that article that the skaters can support Kostomarov financially by themselves (without asking for additional financial support from fans).
Those who blame Averbukh, dislike his behavior anyway no matter what he is going to do with money (those people think that anyway he uses the tragedy for promotion of his shows).
It seems now Averbukh explains that he doesn’t ask people to bring additional money for Kostomarov, doesn't ask to buy a ticket for the sake of Kostomarov. He says: “We don’t ask for help, we just are going to spend a part of the earned money for the financial help. Of course, if a person buys a ticket, we are going to give a part of those money to Roman and his family”.
They only take letters for Roman from those who want to write a letter.

As for money, it seems he is going to give a part to Roman and his family. (So I think that Roman and his family are those who can decide whether Averbukh’s behavior is good or bad.)

Edited to add:
Some people also say that helping quietly is better than blabbering about helping someone. (In short, those who blame Averbukh, find enough reasons to be angry.)

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Sorry that I don’t want to post links to any articles (because I dislike the way journalists behave in this case), but it is said that Roman learns to eat and to sit. Averbukh also says that not long ago Roman made an audio message for his relatives. Averbukh says Roman is motivated to make it back home.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really hope the best for Roman; I watched his gold medal performance with Navka and it saddens me we will never see him skate again.

ntnext

Rinkside
Olympic champion Roman Kostomarov first spoke about his illness.
Roman_Kostomarov.jpg

The message was posted on Kostomarov's social network .

"Hi all. 😎🤟Thanks to everyone who worried about me, prayed for me, believed that I would get out of this difficult situation that life gave me!!! (((

Many difficulties are still ahead, but I hope I will cope with everything thanks to my relatives, relatives and doctors who pulled me out of the other world and are still working with me to this day.

Ahead of a lot of hard work on yourself…” – stated in the message.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's another article. It basically says the same, just adds a tidbit more info.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow. I would love to hear him recovered and well. I don't know if I could survive what he has gone through. I am very what he, Piper and Todd have gone through.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am impressed by his will to survive and to deal with his new life. I hope that love of his family and sport will get him through. He has a lovely wife and two small children who will greatly benefit from having him around.