Roman Kostomarov recovering after hospitalization | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Roman Kostomarov recovering after hospitalization

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
From Barbara Fusar-Poli's interview

I have a training session starting soon and I have a favor to ask of you. As you know, I am not on social media, I decided that. And I wanted to ask... Maybe you could send a message to Roman Kostomarov? A message of hope. He skated beside me, and I followed him with bated breath when he faced these problems. Now I see that he is coming back to life. I want to wish you, Roman, the best. He is really a very strong man. He already showed that on ice when he won the Olympics, but now... it is just wow! I am very proud of him, just bravo. Excellent doctors — as I understand that in Russia you have good hospitals, good doctors. They did a miracle. I am so happy for him, for Oksana Domnina and for his family, his children. It is just unbelievable. Please tell him that he is a hero.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My heart jumped with joy. I cannot believe he survived and is walking on prosthetics. This is a miracle. I hope and pray for good karma and things for him and his family. Isn't his wife also an ice dancer. World Champion and Oly bronze. I hope his family and friends support him.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Isn't his wife also an ice dancer

Yes, his wife Oxana Domnina is a skater too. Some time ago Navka had almost stopped skating with Kostomarov (it seems to me Navka skated with him again in Tarasova’s anniversary show or maybe there were some other rare cases). So Domnina skated both with her partner Shabalin and with her husband Kostomarov.

This is one of the videos where Kostomarov skates with his wife Domnina

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
They decided to do it like this:
(Roman is on the ice, but without skates)

If Roman likes to do it like this (if he feels he is ready to participate in a show), let it be.
Their show is named “Love Letters” this time. Maybe they thought from the beginning that Roman’s story can be included as one of such “letters”. If people are happy to support him, if he is happy to inspire people, if it provides good feelings, let it be.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh wow, glad to see Roman has recovered so well from his illness! His family must be so relieved.

And skates or not, he's looking very steady on the ice in his prosthetics so good for him!

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am still amazed about Roman's strength - mentally and physically. I can't believe in like six months with both legs gone he is walking and training. Now this is inspirational. One thing is to win accolades and awards for athletic performances but to win just surviving is amazing.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I am still amazed about Roman's strength - mentally and physically.

I think Roman wants to live a full life and does everything in his power.

Roman swims

practices driving a car

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Came across this

Some people were saying really nasty stuff early in the thread, insinuating he should give up in some rather disgusting ways.

Where are you now then? Champion mentality is for life :coffee:

jnnymveft3u8jc8tu3ym

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
skating in a show again

Last edited: