Russian Nationals Elder Age, 2–5 April 2018 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals Elder Age, 2–5 April 2018

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
This competition is not needed for medalists of Junior Nationals, and especially medalists of JGPF and JrWorlds - Trusova, Kostornaia, Tarakanova. They have high enough status without it.

Panenkova, Gulyakova and Vasilieva did not qualify at Moscow qualifiers (were not clean).
Gubanova moved to Moscow (CSKA, coach Buyanova) https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180328/1134722187.html (Russian language), probably skater and coach learn to work together.

Thank you for very much for the information and article. Gubanova skates so beautifully. I wish her well with her new coach and hope the federation will give her what she deserves in the future.

It is a shame Vasilieva could not qualify. I really enjoyed her at Nationals and I hope she can get a spot on the JGP this fall.

Panenkova and Gulyakova should be ok without it as they medaled on the JGP last year(although I'm sure Gulyakova would have liked to have the boost since they did not want to offer her a second JGP despite medalling at the first).

Anyway I really enjoyed all of the girls who will skate in the final group tomorrow. I think Scherbakova is probably the most deserving of a spot on the JGP so I hope she will pull off the win. I like Kanysheva and hope she can find a spot on the podium as well. My third favorite is so hard to decide. I just hope they can all skate well tomorrow.

These Russian juniors are much more interesting than the American juniors right now and I am glad I have been able to watch more of them this year.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
After see all the ladies SP on the FSRussia channel, before know the points i was expecting to see Moroz some places higher. Those PCS are too low.

About the FS i hope to see Kanysheva and Moroz regain some positions, but Shcherbakova is too good for not win this competition.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Aah, Kanysheva. She's a serious contender for having the worst free skate music of the season. Just horrible. She needs something respectable for next season.

As a skater, though... She's... Hmm. I am not sure why the scores tend to be so high. Her jumps really aren't of very great quality in my opinion. I'm not even sure if they're going to last or stay consistent. Especially the 3-3 is barely if ever rotated and she consistently has mediocre landings. Also seems to have little flow with her jumps. When it comes to the PCS categories, I think her skating skills are quite good but program transitions still aren't exactly amazing. And I don't think she shows very much in the way of presentation. When you combine with this choreo and the plain horrible music cut... Well, where she scores does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't think she'll be scoring extraordinarily high internationally next season...

At this point in time(and my opinions change a lot), I don't think there's a whole lot of basis for her scores defaulting as high as Sinitsyna's or Kostiuk's. Especially Sinitsyna should be better than her in every type of element outside of the step sequence, perhaps. But Sinitsyna's skating skills still are very close to Kanysheva's and her spins just are far better and jumps also seem more comfortable to me. Now, I still don't think Sinitsyna is an especially extraordinary skater and she never has really made me enjoy watching her perform... But I still think she's more of a performer than Kanysheva.

Now, I'm not even going to bother with comparing Shcherbakova here.... She scores where she scores in Russia, I doubt that'll last for one second internationally when it comes to the comparison between her and the Panova girls.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I totally agree.
I was hoping for Nugumanova to stay ahead of Kanysheva but she'll have to rely on spin bonuses and hope that that didn't count as a fall

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
You know it's bad when Liza has a level 2 spin and a level 3 spin plus level 2 steps
man I wanted redemption for her...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Moscow will very likely place top 6.

They seriously need to look into the qualifying spots. All sorts of completely irrelevant skaters who can't even break 100 points in the free skate are qualifying while over a dozen skaters capable of placing within the top 10 here easily are left out of the competition.

I'd give Moscow 12 spots, at least. St. PB is the other supposedly major area yet only 2 of their skaters will even be in the top 10. And none are serious contenders for any meaningful placements.