Russian Nationals Elder Age, 2–5 April 2018 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals Elder Age, 2–5 April 2018

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Moscow will very likely place top 6.

They seriously need to look into the qualifying spots. All sorts of completely irrelevant skaters who can't even break 100 points in the free skate are qualifying while over a dozen skaters capable of placing within the top 10 here easily are left out of the competition.

I'd give Moscow 12 spots, at least. St. PB is the other supposedly major area yet only 2 of their skaters will even be in the top 10. And none are serious contenders for any meaningful placements.

This. THIS. Panenkova, Gulyakova, and Vasilieva should have been here over skaters like Egorova, Borisova, and Genirozova

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Yeah, it really is too bad...

SO happy for Anna Tarusina placing ahead of Kanysheva! Of course, it shouldn't even have been this close but it still makes me happy. Although, I'm not sure what is going on with Tarusina's FS. I assume it's some experimentation phase and she's already preparing for the next season with it.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Tarusina seems clean to me, shoud be 1st for now
I think there'd be an argument for her being the most consistent skater in the world this season. Clean skate after clean skate after clean skate. And she doesn't even have weak or scratchy landings. I am sure it happened at some point earlier in the season, but in around 5 of her last competitions all her jump landings have been rock solid and everything rotated.

Shame for Kostiuk, though...

Now Anna, please!

Azikin

Medalist
Ouch.. Kostyuk is out probably.. Tarusina was impressive but I can't really say I'm a fan of her skating style.. and her expression..

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Kostyuk really not at her best today, it's a shame. She needed this competition to get a JGP and now it seems less likely. Probably will not finish on the podium.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Panova seems to have embodied the :rolleye: emoji
Ouch, Nastya don't cry!! you're still amazing!!
GOOOO ANYA!!!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
This is why I get nervous watching Anya skate
This was heartbreaking, shades of Alina

Will she still get a JGP? Considering she beat Trusova at the cup final?

- - - Updated - - -

this is actually exactly what happened with Alina
fall on first lutz
fall on 3T on the end of the 2A
fall when she tacked on the 3Lo

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
it's like nobody except Tarusina actually wants to win...
but Sinitsyna will probably be overscored to the top of the podium

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Puzzling... Why did she fall on the Lutz? It was so rotated. And she again didn't come even close to rotating the -3T after the 2A. Mm... Well, now the off season and I really hope that she can do some serious work during it because I really don't think I can be 100% when it comes to her JGP spot prospects... Which really is a shame. It does seem like her stamina isn't quite where it was and I hope she can regain it. I assume that's a part of the reason why she's had struggles during these competitions later in the season - Or perhaps she already has started off season training more intensely. Something, though... I hope it's not an issue with her competition nerves. In both of these important competitions she's ... not really been able to have great skates. Especially during the start of the step sequence in her free skate, some of those mistakes ... Were very strange.

In any case, hopefully she'll be back in good form in time for the next season, and then the first senior season for her some significant improvement will also have been achieved.