Russian Nationals Elder Age, 2–5 April 2018 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals Elder Age, 2–5 April 2018

Grin

Medalist
Puzzling... Why did she fall on the Lutz? It was so rotated. And she again didn't come even close to rotating the -3T after the 2A. Mm... Well, now the off season and I really hope that she can do some serious work during it because I really don't think I can be 100% when it comes to her JGP spot prospects... Which really is a shame. It does seem like her stamina isn't quite where it was and I hope she can regain it. I assume that's a part of the reason why she's had struggles during these competitions later in the season - Or perhaps she already has started off season training more intensely. Something, though... I hope it's not an issue with her competition nerves. In both of these important competitions she's ... not really been able to have great skates. Especially during the start of the step sequence in her free skate, some of those mistakes ... Were very strange.

In any case, hopefully she'll be back in good form in time for the next season, and then the first senior season for her some significant improvement will also have been achieved.
I hope she will :pray:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Wow, Sinitsyna score was extremely low here. I know she doesn't get scores in domestics like she does at Moscow locals but that still is a seriously low score for her. Anna could have placed second here with any half-decent skate, which really is a great shame... Because now I don't think she even is in the national team and the future is uncertain. Of course, that's not something that some serious training and improvement can't overcome but even with a skate like she had at Moscow qualifiers, she would have been second here... Sigh.

Very happy for Tarusina, though. I hope she can find what she's looking for with her choreo by the next season - I really don't know what she's trying to go for here.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I don't doubt Anna will be in Novogorsk. Everything will depend on her skates in August.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
She did win the Cup Final. So wouldn't she still be in the team? (just the reserve part)

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I can not understand scoring of Moscow junior tournaments. For unknown reasons Panova girls are usually overscored and Tutberidze team and CSKA are underscored.:confused2:

In St.Petersburg the scores are at least stable. All are highly overscored. I'm still wondering could clean Konstantinova score 230 there or not.:laugh:

The Finn

Record Breaker

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Fair podium and deserved win for Tarusina. I like more Kanysheva than Sinitsyna, but her fall on the SP has make the difference.

It was so sad to see Shcherbakova fall again like that, it's clearly the most talented one of the competition and i was expecting to see her skate like in the Cup Final...

Let's hope to see her in good shape at the next JGP competition :console:

dansams

Rinkside
It was so sad to see Shcherbakova fall again like that, it's clearly the most talented one of the competition and i was expecting to see her skate like in the Cup Final...

Let's hope to see her in good shape at the next JGP competition :console:

Started badly w/ a time deduction & a stumble and went downhill from there. Not her day. :sad21:

She should rebound next season and improve her consistency & TES. She'll need to to stay w/ Trusova & Kostornaia.

Country
Russia
Amina Atakhanova / Nikita Volodin - coach Alexey Sokolov, StPetersburg.
Both are well known with other partners, Atakhanova / Spiridonov (4th at 2017 JrWorlds) and Ustimkina / Volodin (6th at 2017 JrWorlds).

Grin

Medalist
This pair is AMAZING! So much height in their jumps. Who is their coach? I think this pair could do really well under Mozer...

Mozer isn't coaching anymore (at least in the nearest 6 months)

Grin

Medalist
Mozer isn't leaving that soon...she's the best pairs coach in the world.

I heard some rumors her health doesn't allow her to work as a full-time coach now. If it's tru, I hope she will fix it.

hanca

Record Breaker
This pair is AMAZING! So much height in their jumps. Who is their coach? I think this pair could do really well under Mozer...

There was an interview in which Mozer said that she is taking a break from coaching for at least six months.

I don’t think Mozer would be a good coach with Atakhanova/Volodin even if she was coaching. In the last few years she had several junior pairs in her school and they always disappeared without having any proper results. Not even qualifying for the nationals. And Yugai/Miroshkin also didn’t get anywhere. I am not sure if it is because of her health or what’s going on there, but there are other pair coaches that get the results done, especially with development of juniors. when Volosozhar/Trankov got to her, they were already seniors, each of them established and having all the elements. When Stolbova/Klimov moved to her, they had already bronze and silver from junior worlds and silver from JGPF. Zabijako and Enbert were also seniors for quite a few years. So it seems that Mozer’s school is great for polishing seniors and making them consistent, rather than developing juniors.