Short Track Speed Skating | Golden Skate

Short Track Speed Skating

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Ooooh, short track speed skating! One of my favorite winter Olympic events! Exciting, unpredictable, and sometimes hilarious.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like this sport. Rock'em Sock'em.

I saw a clip the other day of a young American, the daughter of Ghanan immigrants, who killed it at the US trials.

When the gun went off, she shot out to a big lead, and the others never had a prayer. I wonder how she'll stack up against other nations.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Korea won it's first gold. Is this some sort of national sport in Korea? The audience was excited to say the least.

And congrats Winnie_20, another medal 'for you' :laugh:

Gold KOR LIM Hyojun
Silver NED Sjinkie KNEGT
Bronze OAR Semen ELISTRATOV

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Korea won it's first gold. Is this some sort of national sport in Korea? The audience was excited to say the least.

Gold KOR LIM Hyojun
Silver NED Sjinkie KNEGT

It is definitely one of the more popular sports in Korea. As for me, I don't care as long as Apolo Anton OhYes is commentating.

breadstal

Record Breaker

Gold KOR LIM Hyojun
Silver NED Sjinkie KNEGT

Yeah, South Korea is absolutely dominant in this sport, they're leading the Olympic medals table in this sport. Short track and speed skating were the only winter sports that South Korea medaled in till Yuna won Gold in Vancouver by the way:luv17:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Dutch news is reporting on the first case of doping these Olympics, a shorttrack skater from Japan, Kei Saito.
:-(

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It is definitely one of the more popular sports in Korea. As for me, I don't care as long as Apolo Anton OhYes is commentating.

Apolo used to be hated by the Koreans but is now a hero there. I met a friend of his who told me he has his cryptocurrency related business in korea these days.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apolo used to be hated by the Koreans but is now a hero there. I met a friend of his who told me he has his cryptocurrency related business in korea these days.

I'm very shallow but..he is so attractive.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Kim Boutin made her Instagram account private after receiving thousands of hate messages from Korean fans. There were 13000 plus messages before it closed. From what was written in English, it wasn't very nice. And that is an understatement.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Kim Boutin made her Instagram account private after receiving thousands of hate messages from Korean fans. There were 13000 plus messages before it closed. From what was written in English, it wasn't very nice. And that is an understatement.

I don't blame them. Short track has controversies every Olympics and unfortunately Korean skaters are always receiving undeserved treatments. Kim Boutin should have been DQed as well for pushing Choi but the call only went to the Korean skater. Plus, Kim Boutin was notorious for using aggressive hands during this Olympics. She only made the final heat from others being penalized, when in fact Boutin should be penalized as well.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm very surprised by the 2 calls against the Chinese in Men 1000M heat , Ren and Han who didn't seem to have done anything wrong except for Han beating the Korean favorite Seo who was advanced. They seemed to have been the ones suffering some shoveling from others.

eta. Surprised too at Israel's Bykanov being penalized.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't blame them. Short track has controversies every Olympics and unfortunately Korean skaters are always receiving undeserved treatments. Kim Boutin should have been DQed as well for pushing Choi but the call only went to the Korean skater. Plus, Kim Boutin was notorious for using aggressive hands during this Olympics. She only made the final heat from others being penalized, when in fact Boutin should be penalized as well.

That's no reason to get personal and ugly. There are calls favoring the Koreans too. Calls are made by the referees, not the athletes.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I'm very surprised by the 2 calls against the Chinese in Men 1000M heat , Ren and Han who didn't seem to have done anything wrong except for Han beating the Korean favorite Seo who was advanced. They seemed to have been the ones suffering some shoveling from others.

OH please. Han tried to play smart by raising his hand before pushing Seo, but it obviously backfired. And Ren pushed Zvejnieks. Well deserved calls for both. And to be clear, I'm not saying Choi doesn't deserve penalty, rather, Boutin should've got one as well

MiRé

Match Penalty
That's no reason to get personal and ugly. There are calls favoring the Koreans too. Calls are made by the referees, not the athletes.

I'll agree with you on the first part. It's like Sotnitkova 2.0, and no athletes should be receiving those treatments, but I don't blame them because for one thing you're wrong, winter sports never favor the Koreans. It's always the opposite.