Short Track Speed Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Short Track Speed Skating

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Wow, women's 3000 m relay was A MESS. Both Canadian and Chinese teams were disqualified. Chinese fans are all furious over Twitter. I like short track but the rules are so complicated. Still, congrats to KOR, ITA, NED for medaling.

Apparently nearly every single Chinese short track skater has been disqualified so far in every race. Are they really that terrible to the point of being disqualified every time? I didn't watch most of the races, but that seems almost unbelievable to me. It's no wonder Chinese fans are furious. They probably feel attacked.

And of course the Canadians are upset as well on Twitter. What a mess. Of course the two most controversial winter sports are governed by the ISU; why am I not surprised :sarcasm:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Apparently nearly every single Chinese short track skater has been disqualified so far in every race. Are they really that terrible to the point of being disqualified every time? I didn't watch most of the races, but that seems almost unbelievable to me. It's no wonder Chinese fans are furious. They probably feel attacked.

And of course the Canadians are upset as well on Twitter. What a mess. Of course the two most controversial winter sports are governed by the ISU; why am I not surprised :sarcasm:

Chinese short track skaters have a bad reputation for cheating but pretty much everyone can get PEN in this sport. China was disqualified 4 years ago at Sochi (Korea won), S. Korea got PEN in Vancouver where China won (I'm talking about women's 3000m relay). There's a rivalry between them for sure.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I believe that was Hungary's first Winter Olympics medal of any kind since a silver in 1980!