Voices From Russia - Wellness Check | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Voices From Russia - Wellness Check

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Vyacheslav Polunin is a famous Russian clown. In other countries he is known as Slava Polunin. He creates projects in different countries. This video tells about his project which is placed not far from Paris.

"THE YELLOW MILL" of Slava Polunin

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I suddenly found new wonderful videos by Saida Mukhametzyanova

This girl participated in the Russian “Voice. Kids” too (she sang in different languages). These songs are in Tatar language. I don’t understand the lyrics, but I think these songs are really lovely.

"Fragrant Flowers"

a song about Tatarstan (Tatarstan is a part of Russia)

The text also says that Saida is going to release her first album of Tatar folk songs in the end of August.

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I suddenly found new wonderful videos by Saida Mukhametzyanova

This girl participated in the Russian “Voice. Kids” too (she sang in different languages). These songs are in Tatar language. I don’t understand the lyrics, but I think these songs are really lovely.

"Fragrant flowers"

a song about Tatarstan (Tatarstan is a part of Russia)

The text also says that Saida is going to release her first album of Tatar folk songs in the end of August.
Thank you very much for sharing this!

One of my bedtime hobbies is to watch talent shows videos on Youtube and I love the Russian talent shows and all eastern europe, very interesting and entertaining, some amazing contestants!

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Thank you very much for sharing this!

One of my bedtime hobbies is to watch talent shows videos on Youtube and I love the Russian talent shows and all eastern europe, very interesting and entertaining, some amazing contestants!

I hadn’t noticed this fact earlier, but Youtube showed me an interview where Saida tells that Kamila Valieva was skating to her version of “Halleluiah” (Saida sings it in three languages). I was surprised that her third language in “Halleluiah” was not Tatar, but Arabic (as she says). Saida says she also communicated with Kamila after that.

“Halleluiah”

and this is Saida’s “blind audition” in the "Voice. Kids"
I think taking a Tatar song for the “blind audition” was a brave decision (I think the coaches didn’t know this language). Usually participants of this show sing in Russian or in English, sometimes in Italian, in French. As far as I remember other languages are rare in this show (even though there are many languages in Russia and many regions have their own official languages besides Russian).

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Oleg Popov is another famous clown.
A clown of another generation.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
a beautiful video from Chechnya :)

They sing in Russian in this video (but Chechen is a state language in the Chechen Republic – together with the Russian language). And I think we can see in this video that Chechen culture differs from the culture of ethnical Russians.

The song is named “The Father’s House”

Last edited:

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Back to the dance topic. I found an interesting take on a modern approach to folk dance, I really enjoyed it. The traditional movements are preserved, but performed in a contemporarie style and it looks quite interesting. I like that folk dance choreographers are open to experimentation and are looking for something new.

This famous Moscow ensemble is called Gzhel, by the way.
They usually do folk dances like in this video:

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Today is September 1, Knowledge Day, a holiday that is widely celebrated in Russia. On this day everyone remembers their school years and fun student days. Let me show you some retro photos from 1994. Students studying philology are having fun celebrating the new year.

yyM_z93BY2o.jpg
i-BvckKt9ww.jpg

OlcmQLqwvWc.jpg

Ygp2O9YCkzY.jpg

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Some photos from those times when children were happy without smartphones

And this video shows how girls played with an elastic band back then

Now some adults try to teach contemporary children those old games.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
After the Mishina-Gallyamov show number, I remembered that we have quite a few stories where soccer became the inspiration for creating something interesting. The most amazing one is that at the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow in the 1930s, had a ballet based on soccer. It was called "The Soccer Player." I'm attaching a rare photo from the archives so you can get an idea of what it looked like.

Note the press and what appear to be soccer fans behind the fence in the corner.

Nowadays Igor Moiseyev's ensemble decided to include a scene from this ballet from 1936 in their repertoire. They added some modernity, such as a fan with club scarves running out onto the field.

Soccer Ballet - I don't think you imagined that :LOL:

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The most meme song of the day in Russia. "September 3rd, the day of farewell..."

I have the English version. The song is sad, just like the fall mood.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I decided to post this video too, because… I think it is not hateful.

It shows children of Mariupol starting their school year on September 1st.

I don’t know who is right, but I do see these people who keep trying to live in Mariupol, who need peaceful life for their children.
Sorry that I post this video in this thread where we are not supposed to discuss war actions and politics, but I think it’s OK to post a peaceful video. Feel free to ignore it, if you dislike it.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Today I’d like to show a beautiful song by Marat Nigmatullin (and a beautiful video).
The song is named “When You Forget Yourself”.
It says in this song: “When you forget yourself, God remembers about you”.
In the text below the video Marat tells that actually he took these words from a book by a Persian Sufi poet Jalaladdin Rumi, because he really liked the idea.

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
One more video by Marat Nigmatullin
(“My Love”)

this time I’ll try to translate the lyrics:

My love, God wills that we should be rejoicing,
That we should give ourselves up and dance.
Don’t be afraid to tell your bird: “Fly!”
Only those things which you let go, will stay with you.
My love, God wills that we should let everything go,
That we should stop and don’t look for something else.
There is no time besides now, no place besides here.
The place where you are is your home.
My love, God wills that we should sound,
That we should stretch our arms for hugs and forgive.
Whatever happens, whatever they say, - sing!
No one can sing your song instead of you.
My love, God wills that we just should be,
That we should be drifting in calm water of love.
Heavens know nothing about “these” and “those”,
God loves each of us most of all.
So there is no reason for sadness and sorrow.
Angels are singing around us and heavens are close.
Just the time to give ourselves up and dance.
My love, God wills that we should be rejoicing.
My love, God wills that we should be rejoicing!
My love…

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
A song by Neuromonk Feofan :)

“I Want To Dance”

I could cut the grass,
I could heat the bathhouse,
I could feed the hens,
I could wash the floor in the hut…
I’ll do all those things later, not now!
Now I want to dance,
Now I want to dance,
Now I want to dance!

I could bring water,
I could patch up the roof,
I could hide the wheat
So that mice wouldn’t eat it…
Now I want to dance,
Now I want to dance,
Now I want to dance!

I could give the land a tilth in a day,
I could pick up hay and make a stack,
I could craftily pull out a tree stub
from the ground with my hands,
I could handily part the mountains,
I could give a turn to rivers,
I could move the axis of the Earth,
I could blow stronger than the wind...
Now I want to dance,
Now I want to dance,
Now I want to dance!

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Today I spent the afternoon at a Russian Orthodox nunnery (yes, I have many diverse interests beyond figure skating, don't be surprised). Among other things, I watched a concert where orphans who live in the orphanage at the convent sang and danced. The Orthodox have a significant religious holiday this day, so the children prepared a big concert for the guests. And I saw one dance that reminded me of my preschool childhood, and at the same time I wanted to share it with you, because it is something very unusual. It's a dance with spoons.

Yes, I'm not kidding, this dance implies that the dancers rhythmically tap wooden spoons in the process - either one spoon against the other or both spoons against their knees. You need at least two spoons for this dance. Two spoons are clenched firmly in a fist and when tapped, they make a loud rhythmic tapping sound. To make it more difficult, you can take one more spoon in the other hand and tap the first two.

In general, you can see how it looks like.

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I do like that in Russia people sing in different languages. As for English, it sounds so often that there is nothing special about singing in English. I’d like to show two nice videos in other languages.

"Quizás, Quizás, Quizás"
(a Cuban song)
Arina Danilova

“Goomba Boomba”
(google translate says this is Spanish language)
Evgenia Blagova