What happened to Christopher Caluza (PHI)? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What happened to Christopher Caluza (PHI)?

OMGFS

Rinkside
What if Chris is trying to say something we don't know? And those who are happy he is leaving, I don't understand really. He never did what Melissa Bulanhagui did. And Chris never complained about anything. Like lack of funding or telling how poor he is. Michael and Chris aren't perfect. Michael and his mom has made comments in past interviews based on Filipino Americans. And Michaels mom has said disrespectful things about Chris. Chris has made comments but has never said anything about other athletes. Except cheer on Michael and his friends during the Olympics. The internet is here for a reason. They all know how to use it/ misuse it.

OMGFS

Rinkside
sorry, I didnt look at the names correctly
I thought he was a prick who trolled in his twitter posting messages like at least I didn't pretend to be poor etc.
that was high trolling and provocative imo. good luck to him but he probabl could not compete with Martinez who is now like the Kim Yuna of his country
even with the lack of medals won.

What if Chris could compete and he beats Michael? I mean I don't understand the reason to put him down when they are both equally good. Michael still has never beaten Chris. And in his past tweets at his nationals, why did Michael withdraw at his nationals before the Olympics? I mean, they are both talented skaters, Chris has done great job the past few years and he and other skaters deserve to compete for the Olympic spot fairly. And lack of transparency is injustice for both athletes. It doesn't matter who is the Yuna Kim of the Philippines, because they are both human. It's funny how people think someone is higher than someone based on their status.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wish him well. Sad, I hope he finds happiness. Nothing against anyone; I just wish we could find a happy medium but sadly there are only so many medals and so many spots. Still you always hope peopleleave on their own terms. Blessings and hope to you Chris!

foruiz

Final Flight
Hmm, his announcement of retiring opened a can of worms. I never knew that there were such things going on about the Philippine contingent. I was able to get cues here and there but I never thought it was this bad :think:

Last edited:

cooper

Medalist
Hmm, his announcement of retiring opened a can of worms. I never knew that there were such things going on about the Philippine contingent. I was able to get cues here and there but I never thought it was this bad :think:

actually sports in general.. sport programs in the philipppines = atrocious...manny pacquiao doesn't count.. sport is not even part of the government's priority.. and it will never will..

OMGFS

Rinkside
actually sports in general.. sport programs in the philipppines = atrocious...manny pacquiao doesn't count.. sport is not even part of the government's priority.. and it will never will..

The Philippines is also a 2nd-3rd world country. And the government and the people in it is known for corruption.

OMGFS

Rinkside
Wow. Way to address the people. :laugh: I saw on his Instagram that he had a picture dedicated to Anti bullying.

Last edited:

krispy

Rinkside
Christopher Caluza
‏@ChrisCaluza
To the haters who speaks of me in forums I've heard of. Let's get one thing straight!!! God bless you and your judgement . :) lol

https://twitter.com/ChrisCaluza/status/533401933592018944

Just FYI for all of you. :)

This is why my philosophy stands: Don't ever post anything you wouldn't say to that person's face.

I didn't really want to say this because I wanted him to retire peacefully but isn't this the exact reason that people find a little tacky about him? Leaving tweets that has with hidden meanings rather than just straight up post his views.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I didn't really want to say this because I wanted him to retire peacefully but isn't this the exact reason that people find a little tacky about him? Leaving tweets that has with hidden meanings rather than just straight up post his views.

I´m glad he wrote about it. Just because he isn´t a favorite there is no reason to attack him.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
attack? where? i read some of his posts from the past.. caluza is doing the same thing.. :eek:hwell:

Somefans of another skater, pretty obvious who, attack im saying he is jelous of said skater, and that´s the reason he is retiring... and they have been doing for a long time.

I have follow Chris on twitter for about two years now and he alwas acts respectful to other skaters cheering them up, whoever you are supporting and even is you don´t exactly are a fan of toher skater doesn´t give you the right to attack the other.

cooper

Medalist
Somefans of another skater, pretty obvious who, attack im saying he is jelous of said skater, and that´s the reason he is retiring... and they have been doing for a long time.

I have follow Chris on twitter for about two years now and he alwas acts respectful to other skaters cheering them up, whoever you are supporting and even is you don´t exactly are a fan of toher skater doesn´t give you the right to attack the other.

again.. what attack are you talking about? because i didn't see anyone here attacking him or even at twitter.. however caluza is not a saint.. i'm aware with some of his posts.. and you're probably new.. so you have no idea what's going on..

and no.. he's not "respectful always to other skaters".. that's not even true.. and i know that.. :slink:

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
again.. what attack are you talking about? because i didn't see anyone here attacking him or even at twitter.. however caluza is not a saint.. i'm aware with some of his posts.. and you're probably new.. so you have no idea what's going on..

and no.. he's not "respectful always to other skaters".. that's not even true.. and i know that.. :slink:
He is not talking about this forum... that we know...and on twitter go around after olympics...

OMGFS

Rinkside

You know that how? Unless you actually met him, everyone should not be slandering other people just based on opinion. No skater is a saint. Even Michael. He said in an article in JGP Lake Placid two years ago that he was the only one who is worthy to compete for the Philippines unlike skaters from other countries. I'm sure that would upset the other competitors especially Chris and other Foreign skaters.

At least Chris didn't write down anything provocative, swearing, slandering, or anything. Unlike fans who are bullying.

OMGFS

Rinkside
I just saw, Michael withdrew from 4 continents 2015. :-(. His name was on the roster just yesterday. What happened?

News for Chris:

Looks like Chris is working on a program on Instagram.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New article about Caluza:

Local gay figure skater to carry torch to open California State Games
Timothy Rawles - SDGLN Staff Writer
February 26th, 2015
http://www.sdgln.com/news/2015/02/2...r-california-state-games#sthash.hHigvJMn.dpbs

Excerpt:

SAN DIEGO, California -- A local gay figure skater will have the prestigious honor of being the torch bearer at the California State Games (CSG) Figure Skating competition this weekend.

Christopher Caluza, 24, a three-time World Figure Skating Championship competitor who currently ranks 19th in the world, will fulfill his duties at 5 pm Saturday, Feb. 28, at the Torch Lighting Ceremony in the San Diego Ice Arena. All competitors will parade onto the ice and will have the opportunity to pass the California State Games Torch during the torch lighting ceremonies.

As an “out” athlete, carrying the torch for this event means more to Caluza than just commencing the event. He has learned a few things about pride and self-respect in the sometimes judgmental world of competitive sports.

- via Skate Today