Injuries and Ills: 2014-15 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Injuries and Ills: 2014-15

LRK

Record Breaker
Me too, doris - but, I'd still rather know. I hope that more information will be forthcoming, and that the injury is, indeed, not too serious. Meanwhile, thanks golden for letting us know!

ETA - Oh, and this is a recent thread relevant to this one, that I might as well "collect" - before I forget:

CTV Video: Osmond struggling to come back:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52217-CTV-Video-Osmond-struggling-to-come-back

Oh, and also - the Reeds withdrawing from Skate America - does anyone know the cause, and if it is injury-related? Thanks in advance for any info!

ETA2 - There is also some discussion about Nikol Gosviani, starting from here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ix-assignments&p=994202&viewfull=1#post994202

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
At Ondrej Nepala Trophy Joshi Helgesson felt new pain in the foot she injuried last season, and couldn't skate her best in the Free skate. This week she had to operate and remove the screw in her foot. Fom her blog… some of it is in English, where she says how sad she is to not be able to compete at Skate America, especially since it's in Chicago. (Chicago is where she and Viktoria do summer training.)

I'm so sorry for her. Her Short Program at Ondrej Nepala was great and she was in a big lead before the Free Skate. Again she has to rebuild her strength. Her goal now is to represent Sweden at Europeans in Stockholm and to do well there.

Vratasuki

Match Penalty
so from the Olympics V/T and S/K are out in GP, the latter in first
Chan sat out as well as Mao, Ice Dance Top 3 are retired/disbanded

will Hanyu, Adelina and Julia compete ?
no recent news

noskates

Record Breaker
I just hate to hear about injuries this early in the season with all the competitions coming up. But like others I do appreciate the updates.

LRK

Record Breaker
I wish there were no injuries - but better early than late. Hopefully many of them will be able to heal and recover in time for the major competitions.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
so from the Olympics V/T and S/K are out in GP, the latter in first
Chan sat out as well as Mao, Ice Dance Top 3 are retired/disbanded

will Hanyu, Adelina and Julia compete ?
no recent news

Julia is scheduled to compete, though I forget in what. Not sure about Adelina. Yuzuru will be competing in the Cup of China and the NHK Trophy.

Violetti

On the Ice
Juulia Turkkila, Finland is injured. The lumbar spine bone stress reaction. Takes at least 3 months to recover. Very sad as she had planned to dedicate this season just for skating. She cannot defend her title at the Finnish nationals in December.

LRK

Record Breaker
Sorry to hear that, Sini! But thank you for bringing the news - all the best to Juulia, it must be terribly disappointing for her, aside from the injury itself. I hope she makes a full recovery - will she be able to attend Euros even if she misses Nationals? It would be sad if the entirety of her season were ruined.

Amei

Record Breaker
Julia is scheduled to compete, though I forget in what. Not sure about Adelina. Yuzuru will be competing in the Cup of China and the NHK Trophy.

I think it was mentioned a few weeks ago that Adelina is dealing with an ankle injury.

Violetti

On the Ice
Sorry to hear that, Sini! But thank you for bringing the news - all the best to Juulia, it must be terribly disappointing for her, aside from the injury itself. I hope she makes a full recovery - will she be able to attend Euros even if she misses Nationals? It would be sad if the entirety of her season were ruined.

She won't be able to attend Euros they said in the news. Finland has only one entry. Kiira or Jenni or Ljubov will represent Finland I think. The one who's got the best season's best will go to Euros. So the one who wins the nationals won't automatically be chosen. If someone else has better season's best she will go.

dress

On the Ice
Kaetlyn Osmond posted on facebook :
No more cast. Yay!!! Approved for full workout

She is back on ice

LRK

Record Breaker
Great to hear about Kaetlyn - and thanks for sharing that positive news, dress. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
bad news!!!!

icenetwork ‏@icenetwork 11m11 minutes ago

Kevin Reynolds has withdrawn from Skate Canada, citing injury and equipment issues, according to a @SkateCanada press release.

Oh NOoooooo