Injuries and Ills: 2014-15 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Injuries and Ills: 2014-15

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm harder on him than I should be, I know...

It's just that, if he ends up on the podium at Skate Canada... well, we're probably not in for a well-skated competition.

Don't disagree. Maybe my original comment wasn't clear. I wasn't daring to hope for the podium for Firus.

I meant only that without Reynolds and Balde, I hope that Liam has a chance to be Team Canada's top man in Kelowna -- i.e., that he will outplace Rogozine. (No offense to Rogozine.)
(If Reynolds and Balde had been able to compete, Liam could have ended up third among three.)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I do hope Liam Firus skates well. There's nothing I find more endearing than clean programs. ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not sure why everyone feels they need new programs but I would suggest Katelyn keep her long and get a new short so she can rely on some of that muscle memory as time is going to be tight. She probably will have to go to nats cold and hope for the best and if she does well enough skate at 4Continents. So sad she has had to battle two years of injury let's hope she gets some good luck. Go Osmond!

LRK

Record Breaker
@golden - Thank you - Kaetlyn sounds happy! I like Meoima hope she takes it easy in the beginning - but it is clear that being on the ice gives her joy. I wish her the best. :)

@CaroLiza_fan - Thank you too - and, I too hope Javi gets better soon.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am in Edmonton Canada today and I watched Kaetlyn's practice with her coach Mr. Walia (the awkward looking Canandian skater - he is very tall for a skater but if you watch his performances from yester year he had an awkward look because of his height). She looked happy but no jumps, nothing but a scratch spin. She played her short program I think and all she did was cross overs and stroking and she didn't seem as fast or as strong as in the past. It will take a while I guess for her to build herself up. I was hoping to see a bit more progress but it is only a week.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for your eyewitness report, Skater Boy - much appreciated! :)

Methinks it is a good thing that Kaetlyn is taking it easy - wishing her a full recovery.

LRK

Record Breaker
So, they tried to avoid the surgery, but it wasn't possible in the end? Also, if he can't resume training until mid-January, that means Euros is out as well as Nationals.

I hope he has a speedy and full recovery, though, and can come back in full force.

Thanks for sharing the info, Pippuripihvi!

Violetti

On the Ice
The season is over for the Finnish icedancers Ossi Kanervo and Henna Lindholm. At Santa Claus Cup Kanervo hurt his leg and they had to interrupt the programme.
Hamstring muscle's tendon torn, piece of the broken bone (MRI). Surgery today, wednesday. Will take long to recover.

supsu

On the Ice
Oh nooooo :cry: I was looking forward to seeing them at nationals or even euro's.. And Ossi was in the army too? I wonder what that means with that? Does he come home to heal it? Probably, but does he still need to continue army at some point? Cause that would be unfortunate.. losing already so much training time.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Yuzuru's condition
- Right ankle injury at end Jan 2015
- Bladder (urachal remnant) surgery on 30-Dec 2014, off ice one month
- CoC collision 8-Nov 2014

Latest news today translated by Naoko Hashimoto:
Basically, Ms.Kobayashi of the JSU said as follows; "the condition of his right ankle is not perfect, but [Yuzuru] has been gradually increasing the amount of training and doing the final preparations in Japan towards the Worlds... I cannot disclose the details of his training, although I am aware of them. The amount of pressure on him is immeasurable since his condition is not perfect while the public expectations for him are so high. I would like to support him in a way not to give him pressure...". She didn't say whether Yuzuru is jumping the quads, either.

Last edited: