2014 Skate Canada Mens FS 11/01 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens FS 11/01

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
There is NO reason for them to have their entire combo invalidated due to zayaking IMO. What's next, invalidate the entire program? :unsure:

LRK

Record Breaker
Brezina maybe you should try to fix your 4S technique first??? Instead of trying to launch yourself in the air literally bent 90 degrees forward? If it's not broken don't fix it, but it's so obviously broken.

But... didn't he use to have beautiful quad sals? What happened?

LRK

Record Breaker
Ugh, this invalid Zayak thing with the 2T's is getting out of hand.

Yes, we direly needed this rule change - otherwise the men would just be packing their programs full of 2Ts! I mean, just think how many points they get by them... Ugh!

Art&Sport

Medalist
a sub par competition so far.

Well, Liam wasn't so bad, but lots of pops and falls so far from the early skaters. These early skaters aside from Adam were better on their tech in the sp.

This was not a hugely loaded field, so that makes it even more sad for Adam not being able to skate the way he actually can and be in the top three going into the fp.

I really dislike Mura's skating. He's just mainly good at landing jumps. Javi is cute and has gorgeous quads usually, but too many bells and whistles. He's too often over-scored on rep and popular coach.

Crowd noise for Javi shows Canada has adopted him. :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brezina maybe you should try to fix your 4S technique first??? Instead of trying to launch yourself in the air literally bent 90 degrees forward? If it's not broken don't fix it, but it's so obviously broken.

I feel like we should take this video and shove it in Kovtun's face and yell, "THIS IS YOUR FUTURE. FIX IT."

There is NO reason for them to have their entire combo invalidated due to zayaking IMO. What's next, invalidate the entire program? :unsure:

Yes, there is. The addition of the third jump totally changes the mechanics of the whole combination. It's fair.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Brezina's program felt empty. Mozart is not my cup of tea and it seemed the audience felt the same. I much preferred Amodio's Blood Diamond even though it was bizarre to combine it with The Lion King. :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker

Yes, now you're talking! No Mercy! Falls on the other hand... they're just minor misfortunes that don't ruin a program at all!

supsu

On the Ice
Yes, we direly needed this rule change - otherwise the men would just be packing their programs full of 2Ts! I mean, just think how many points they get by them... Ugh!

:bang:

Yeah.... a guy would totally win with 8 jumping passes of 2t.... :rolleye:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker

2.5 apiece! And boy, does that rack up!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Brezina at least tried to convince that he was skating to Mozart. Yes, the result was messy. My hopes are with Menshov now. The sportbox stream for some reason is worse today - freezes all the time on HD - I had to switch to standard.

Art&Sport

Medalist
In terms of scoring, Adam is second in the free skate so far (behind Amodio in first so far), outweighed by Adam being dead last in the sp yesterday.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I don't see the top 3 change, maybe Menshov move up. Surprised to see Kozuka ranked so low.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kozuka, I'm trying to stay awake, not go back to sleep...

lavender

Record Breaker
OMG, what are the judges smoking exactly?! Brezina gets more PCS than Adam with that error-ridden effort and absolutely no presentation skills!!!?

Not great scores for Brezina clearly, but he should have lower scores on PCS most definitely.

I agree with you. Do you think that just looking to finally land a jump and not interpreting is helping skating viewership?