2014 Skate Canada Mens FS 11/01 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens FS 11/01

Art&Sport

Medalist
What's wrong with Kozuka now and his 3-axel? I swear having to train the quad makes so many guys' triple jumps suffer in rhythm and confidence. The quad is so over-rated ... it gets on my nerves!

Kozuka should get strong PCS IMHO, but I'm not sure how popped jumps will fare for his tech scores.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
In terms of scoring, Adam is second in the free skate so far (behind Amodio in first so far), outweighed by Adam being dead last in the sp yesterday.

This boggles my mind. I know he has great skating skills, so I agree with his PCS, but there were so many jump errors in the program. It will be interesting to look at the protocols, because I can't quite see how he got such a high TES score, considering his skate.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN)

Music: Io Ci Saro by Andrea Boccelli (+vocals)

Blue sparkly satin shirt, dark blue velvet pants

4T - twofoot
3Lz
1A+2T
FSSp
StSq
1A - maybe added a +1T
3Lz+3T<< - forward on 3Lz
3F
3S
2A
FCoSp3p
ChSt
CCoSp3p

Messy skate, what happened to his triple axels?!

FS: 51.62+75.70 = 127.32, 203.17, 3rd (out of 6)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Kozuka - beautiful skating, but lots of struggles with the jumps... It was a rather generic program - nice enough, but nothing special.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apologies for the late comment. I had to delay the start, so I'm running about 10 minutes behind. So, I just decided to wait until half-time to post this.

Now, I may be very much mistaken (it's been a while since I saw any photos of him), but did I spot a Coyote in the background during Liam Firrus' routine?

It was when they showed a close-up of Liam's face, just before the music changed to that awful version of "The Show Must Go On" (Whoever that was singing, they were no Freddie Mercury!)

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, come on Max. Gladiator time. Let's go!

Art&Sport

Medalist
But jeez you guys. You seem jaded re those saying Taka Kozuka puts you to sleep. Kozuka has always been more of an internal sort of skater, not big on expression. But he has lots of quality style and moves out there -- very fluid. I like Kozuka much much better than one-trick pony Mura.

gimble

On the Ice
I really enjoyed Kozuka's skating. Beautiful but unfortunately so many jump errors.

emma

Record Breaker
just tuned in.... i hate to see Kazuka have such jump troubles; he is one of those skaters whose blade use mesmorizes me and he is light and lovely..

Sorry to hear about Adam, another favorite of mine....poor guy. Hope he can bounce back and glad to know Rafael is really a supporter for/of him, that's very sweet.