3A+1T - hand down on 3A
3S
3Lz
3T+1Lo+2S
3S+2T
CSSp
ChSt
CCoSp3p* - falls on entry, redoes it

FS: 70.93+73.64-1.00 = 143.57, 215.71, 1st (out of 4)

NorthernLite

On the Ice
My IceNetwork feed is being so choppy that's its unwatchable, just in time for Adam's skate. :bang: ....

My problem appears to be my internet, not IN.

My IN feed looks like an old-timey movie, very jerky. (And some freezing during SkateAm.) Dunno if it's them or my ISP speed. Still, I'm glad I caved in and got it. Tired of issues with and worry about viruses at other websites.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I always intend to keep count of how many falls or pops happen during an event, but then with the men I always lose track after 5 or 6 skaters.

unico

Final Flight
Brezina maybe you should try to fix your 4S technique first??? Instead of trying to launch yourself in the air literally bent 90 degrees forward? If it's not broken don't fix it, but it's so obviously broken.

supsu

On the Ice
Me too! I found the program refreshing and quite innovative..

:agree:

Exactly!

I hate when people make fun of "weird" costumes, music, programs or what not. AT LEAST they are giving us something else than Carmen. Or POTO.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Florent AMODIO (FRA)

Music: Blood Diamond (soundtrack) by James Newton Howard
Lion King - The Lioness Hunt

Brown tribal top, black fringe pants

4S - twofoot, turnout
3A - bit forward
3Lo
FCSp
StSq
3A+1T - hand down on 3A
3S
3Lz
3T+1Lo+2S
3S+2T
CSSp
ChSt
CCoSp3p* - falls on entry, redoes it

FS: 70.93+73.64-1.00 = 143.57, 215.71, 1st (out of 4)

Wow Blood diamond soundtrack mixed with the Lion king! LOL!! What a mismash. I was right, who'd have thought mix a 18+ rated film about illegal diamond trading with a Disney movie.

It is either incredible bad taste, or total genius. With Amodio, you just never know sometimes.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal BREZINA (CZE)

Music: The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Blue velvet coat w/ gold detailing, grey pants

3A
3T
1S
FSSp
StSq
4S - fall, almost had it
3A+2T
3Lz - slip, stepout/hand down
CCoSp3p
3Lo
3F*+2T*+2T* - third 2T
ChSt
FCCoSp3p

A bit of a mess: Two quads popped, and an invalid element

FS: 62.25+73.70-1.00 = 134.95, 208.24, 2nd (out of 5)

Art&Sport

Medalist
It's a shame that just cranking out jumps and not really interpreting the music well or engaging with the audience will still get you lots of points in figure skating. I also don't like that falling gets more points than popping, but I get the judges are in love with revolutions in jumps rather than complete programs.

Good for Brezina for trying to put something together out there, but he has not yet lived up to his promising potential. I see that he's trying. Nerves do not seem to be a huge problem, but expressing the music and finding some unique identity to help draw the audience in are huge problems for him.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Michael :bang: some of those jumps looked landed and then he went down with hands or backside after the fact. :(

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thanks for the PBP, sequinsgalore! I missed nearly all of Brezina's performance because of a choppy/freezing stream. It doesn't sound like a great skate.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Well, at least Michal had that gorgeous royal blue color going for him.

charmblade

Final Flight
Brezina's costume is gorgeous! I want to like him so much, but his consistency issues drive me crazy a little bit. I just want him to do well!

Art&Sport

Medalist
OMG, what are the judges smoking exactly?! Brezina gets more PCS than Adam with that error-ridden effort and absolutely no presentation skills!!!?

Not great scores for Brezina clearly, but he should have lower scores on PCS most definitely.