2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

MalAssada

Medalist
Is that a yes? If so, nice to see another person that speakes my almost forgotten tongue...

Back to Ladies...

I think Eteri should consider changing Sima's jump layout and put the combo in the first half. It is no use having it in the second half if she falls (and if I'm not mistaken, she has fallen in this combo before).

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
So I've just finished watching this event.
Liza and Elena definitely the best I don't know which one was better but Liza is not even a point behind Lena so everything will be decided during FP. Evgenia was absolutely lovely, she has beautiful lines, arms, everything. I didn't like Anna in this program, because I think she's still struggling with that program, for me it has nothing special, no interpretation. But at least she skated clean, hope she will do the same tomorrow. I really like Alena's SP this year. The choreography suits her really well. Unfortunately I can't say the same about her FP. That's just skating from one jump to another. I wish her the spot at least for Europeans, but I don't see much chance.
I feel sad for Sasha Proklova and Sima. Sasha seem she has no confident this season(maybe she still has problems because of that injury). Sima is like-great performance, poor one, great again. She skated brilliantly during her first JGP, then in Nagoya she had bad SP, but FP was clean again. Hopefully both, Sasha and Sima, will skate clean FP.
I would love to see more face expression at Maria's face. She's nice and interesting to watch but she needs more if she wants to have results at seniors.
I liked M. Stavitskaia and M.Artemieva. Their chances for Euros team are low, but they are really nice to watch, and both of them have elegant skating.
About Julia-I don't think her IN was so bad, but I saw UR on combo and also on axel. Axel had really bad landing, she was lucky she landed it. Spins perfect as always. Overall performance wasn't really superb. But I wouldn't say she is done. Maybe for this season she is(unfortunately :( ). But later she will be back again, just lika Liza Tuktamysheva. Last season I thought that Liza is really done, which was pretty stupid of me, because she started to win again this season. This season isn't Julia's season, but that is not end of the world. Julia is just 16 years old and actually this season is the best possible season for being not so strong. Many former champions had also bad seasons and bad performances.Julia is a fighter she will get over it.

NaVi

Medalist
Not all of them.. there will always be 5 girls at the top (you already know who they are), and they will always be the same (except when injured). The rest won't have the same opportunities on competing internationally even though their scores are high.

Well they can compete in the Grand Prix... there are 8(maybe 10) girls now who are capable at getting a medal at adult grand prix events... (Leo, Sotn, Tukt, Pog, Lip, Rad, Medv, Sakh | Sots, Prok)... and under current rules they may be able to get 9 girls with 2 events into the grand prix...

loiza

On the Ice
Is that a yes? If so, nice to see another person that speakes my almost forgotten tongue...

Back to Ladies...

I think Eteri should consider changing Sima's jump layout and put the combo in the first half. It is no use having it in the second half if she falls (and if I'm not mistaken, she has fallen in this combo before).

Yes, Brazil!:)

jagragold

On the Ice
Well they can compete in the Grand Prix... there are 8(maybe 10) girls now who are capable at getting a medal at adult grand prix events... (Leo, Sotn, Tukt, Pog, Lip, Rad, Medv, Sakh | Sots, Prok)... and under current rules they may be able to get 9 girls with 2 events into the grand prix...
omg, this is the hunger games on ice :popcorn:

Caustica

Final Flight
I said there could be a big 5, 6, or 7. If you're gonna include Pogorilaya in the big 4, then you gotta tell me who's coming out? I can't count her as one of the big 4 without removing one of the ladies that is already in the big 4. Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnitskaya, Tuktamisheva.

Well, I understood the term 'Big 4' to just mean a group of current top competitors. It doesn't necessarily have to be the case that there are 4 top competitors. In this case, I don't think that there should be only 4, because one top skater would arbitrarily be excluded - Pogo, in your case. I would argue that the name should change to 'Big 5' instead.

I agree, especially when it is second year that she got into GPF, and she placed last year 4th at worlds. She definitely is in the big 4 (or should we say big five because Liza joined this year).

In my heart Liza never left. :love:

Caustica

Final Flight
It's amazing that the top 10 scored 60 and above. I am hoping Tuk can pull it out. She had such a rough season last year. Loving her resurgence. Her jumps are to die for especially her lutz. Her technique is really impressive. She jumps better than most men.

I'm waiting anxiously for her 3A. :p

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This is going to be an odd post

K I found this image in one of S. Korea's fs board. (so odd right? ) I have a feeling that it might be the scores for the ladies's SP event. Can someone who is proficient with the Russian language confirm my assumption? Please and thanks!

please confirm - click this!

Just for fun, let's go back in time to last night for a minute and review this link of a dummy Ladies SP Results (link above) once more.

And compare it to the official results:

http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/rusnat/SEG011.HTM

Kinda eerily, isn't it? Sure, it's not a dead match by any means, and a few of the placements are way off, but still...

The top 3 results were predicted in the right order, and all the total SP scores for the top 3 ladies were within a fraction of a point. :think: In fact, it seems at least half of the overall scores on this list are within a fraction of a point of what actually took place.

Leonova's position was only off by one spot. If you take out Sakhanovich's & Proklova's big differential between these two lists, a lot of the other spots fall closely in-line with the actual rankings versus these falsified results.

One thing they really screwed up on is the deductions. Didn't get any of those correctly.

Oh well, just thought I'd amuse myself by going back to this. :rofl:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Um, did you see her Lutz? It wasn't even close to an outside edge!

Odd because her 3f was clearly on an outside edge. From my angle the lutz edge swiveled all over the place before she picked in, couldn't really tell the edge, but the 3f definitely looked like it was an outside edge. Did the protocols say she got an edge call on both jumps? 2a looked UR to me but 3t looked around enough for full credit.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So I guess either one of Sotnikova/Leonova/Pogorilaya are gonna be getting the third Euros spot?

Julia is still in the mix, but honestly, I do wonder if it might be better for her to sit out the rest of this season and take the time she needs to adjust to her boots and get herself truly "ready" for next season. It must be hard dealing with all the fandom after her phenomenal season last year, lots of pressure on a 16 yo girl.

I am really pulling for Anna, I would like to see her at least make it to Euros and hopefully medal there, even a world medal is not out of the question. I don't mind Leonova but I would really like to see Anna have a chance to shine this season before more girls move to seniors next season and the competition gets even tougher. She's soo good she just needs to be confident! I hope she can skate well in the FS.

Elena and Liza continue to impress me immensely. They have been so consistent this season! Kudos

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Good lord, Evegnia's skating is more polished and refined than any of the Big 4's.

She is wonderful but I worry about what happens when and if she ever grows into a more womanly figure. She is so slight right now, I am actually quite amazed by the size of and power in her jumps, her legs are so thin! But I guess maybe she is like Hanyu and her speed and technique allow her to jump like that without the strength some other ladies have.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
She is wonderful but I worry about what happens when and if she ever grows into a more womanly figure. She is so slight right now, I am actually quite amazed by the size of and power in her jumps, her legs are so thin! But I guess maybe she is like Hanyu and her speed and technique allow her to jump like that without the strength some other ladies have.

Midori Ito was 1.45 m (4 ft 9 in) and her triple axel was one of the best ever ;)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Julia is still in the mix, but honestly, I do wonder if it might be better for her to sit out the rest of this season and take the time she needs to adjust to her boots and get herself truly "ready" for next season.

After the Ladies SP today, I'm pretty sure Julia is gonna have a tough time making that third spot. Elena/Liza are pretty much set at this point... you'd be insane not to send both of them to competitions internationally, regardless of what happens in tomorrow's FS. Julia continues to struggle with consistency. Even if she pulled off some kind of miracle skate tomorrow, I don't see that changing the impression she's left from a shaky season so far. I would still consider it too risky to put her back into big international competitions..

In my view (which isn't based on reality, at least in Russia), if I were sending Elena and Liza as the first two spots, I'd chose Alena Leonova to round out the third spot, since she's a bit older and more mature, and that would provide a nice balance in representation of Russian lady singles skaters. This is, of course, provided that Leonova continues to do reasonably well at Nationals (say, Top 5 finish).

Pogo is looking like a safer bet at this point, at least if she can hold on to her spot (or better).

Too bad Evgenia Medvedeva is too young, otherwise she'd be an obvious choice.