2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I don't want to dismiss S/K, but I like V/T WR skate more. :slink: However, S/K were phenomenal today and it was very close so I can live with that. :yahoo:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Not a fan of this program, but that was awesome. I'm in love with the running edge Stolbova gets out of her throws.

ozmodiar

On the Ice
I really want to like S/K, because their skating looks so well when skated cleanly. The have lines, the artistry, and everything else you would want in a pair, but they just come across as so cold. It's not him, it's her. They have no chemistry whatsoever.

I agree, they're technically gorgeous but emotionally kind of sterile.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
The reaction of Meagan and Eric was a realisation of what the brit guys said before "I really don't like the shot at the couple who've been surpassed, how are they expected to react"

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I wouldn't use snoozy, but I agree, I'm not the biggest fan. However, they really brought the best of it today. I still like them better than D/R.

I actually like both programs, but S/K absolutely won this showdown. Just better quality on everything.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
So happy for Stolbova and Klimov! They are not only back to Sochi form, but even better with 3+3+2 combination. When they are clean, they have the potential to win everything actually!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Stolbova wanted this one real bad. Last year at the GPF when D/R beat them was when it started a downward spiral for S/K. Bet it's sweet to finally beat D/R.

Giselle

Medalist
I really want to like S/K, because their skating looks so well when skated cleanly. The have lines, the artistry, and everything else you would want in a pair, but they just come across as so cold. It's not him, it's her. They have no chemistry whatsoever.

They don't have a "romantic" chemistry but a different kind.

andromache

Record Breaker

I agree. They are SO talented and have innovative choreography this season and top notch skating skills, but I don't feel anything for them, both on the ice and off. Meagan endears me to her because of her constant talking and calculating, plus I like the energy she and Eric have on the ice, K/S are just the sweetest PLUS best connection on ice in both cheesy programs and DRAMA programs...but S/K don't make me FEEL anything. It's just an emotional thing.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice

Nah, they do. It's detached and not luvvy duvvy or fake. You might not like it or see it but it's there and I sensed it with my mind and body. This program is masterful and I'm happy I can witness this ad a loyal follower.

Kinga

Medalist
I like Sto/Kli program, but the ending is sooooo flat.
And I must say, I have a soft spot for Fedor. In spite of Ksenia being a star in this team, I like watch him skating, he is so light, elegant, with great posture. Im glad that he stands out a bit more in this program.

Kav/Smi, what can I say, I have always goosebumps when I see their Manfred LP. And today, in spite of mistakes, the interpretation was spot on. I love this piece of music, but when I see K/S skating to it, its beauty and character is magnified 1000 times.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Should we say Russian S/K and American S/K when we talk about about the two pairs. For a while, I was super confused.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
same same
+ you totally described my feelings towards Christopher Nolan movies:laugh:
Cold atmosphere

lyndichee

Medalist
I swear last year everyone was complaining that D/R feel nothing and S/K has way more artistry.

I hope this motivates D/R to also work on their edges. Also I wish Eric would look at Meagan more.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
me too now - a perfect prediction on podium, such happines before getting buried on Ladies:curse:

Yeah, that too. But mostly beacuse Ksenia & Fedor are my 2nd favourite pair after S/H, so I'm just super happy, beacuse they had perfectly clean skate & got rightful reward for this :biggrin: (In my eyes of course).