2016 Trophée de France Short Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Short Dance

Alba

Record Breaker
Cizeron isprobably the best male ID in the history of this sport, I think.

p.s. nola, that is funny. :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adding the standard reminder for everyone that any comparison of scores from different comps should be taken a grain of salt.

V/M at Skate Canada:
For those who will rush to add that V/M skated on home soil, of course the same is true for P/C.
So IMO, it is way too early to write off V/M.

Congrats to P/C for winning the SD here.

Hope Madi and Zach can move up with their FD.

apple123

On the Ice
I find Cizeron has weird movements. It seems he can't stretch his body to full extention and always curved awdwardly. It hurts my eyes to watch sometimes.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I will hold comparing V/M and P/C to NHK Trophy, when they're actually will compete against each other, and on neutral ground too :)

Reading protocols, and it's so weird. Piper and Paul get better levels on almost every element at SC. No wonder the score differs so much... I need them to show off tomorrow so much! Judges were very generous for I/Z with GOE, H/D had actually higher BV, I think judges may not like their SD concept this season...

Last edited:

yuna13

On the Ice
finally we saw then in hq!!

love gaby acting during this sd and as always with them great movement from their entire bodies.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg... the presenters ... lol ... relax your jaw lady... and man, to speak english, it's not true you need to have a hot potato in your mouth...

Alba

Record Breaker
Better than Christopher Dean? Better than Platov?

Maybe not quite there technically. But boy he is smooth and let's face it, he is damn gorgeous to look at also. That does count smth in this discipline also. ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Better than Christopher Dean? Better than Platov?

Definitely better than Platov, and that is not meant to take anything away from Platov, who was absolutely marvelous.

More of a toss up with Christopher Dean. Let's call it a tie. Fair 'nuff?

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 78.26 1 video
2 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS 68.72 2 video
3 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA 66.77 3 video
4 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 64.74 4 video
5 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 63.70 5 video
6 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 57.37 6 video
7 Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN UKR 56.61 7 video
8 Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA CZE 55.69 8 video
9 Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Pierre SOUQUET FRA 48.18 9 video
10 Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV BLR 46.81 10

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
piper and paul are well-known for hitting their levels everywhere... this is strange... but i am no expert.. (sure twizzles but the other elements as well?)
I will hold comparing V/M and P/C to NHK Trophy, when they're actually will compete against each other, and on neutral ground too :)

Reading protocols, and it's so weird. Piper and Paul get better levels and key on almost every element at SC. No wonder the score differs so much...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
okay. I hardly consider myself an expert but I always thought Platov should get all the medals for putting up with the drama.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I find Cizeron has weird movements. It seems he can't stretch his body to full extention and always curved awdwardly. It hurts my eyes to watch sometimes.
Then don't watch him.
I personally find him the most interesting male dancer I think I have ever seen.

Alba

Record Breaker
piper and paul are well-known for hitting their levels everywhere... this is strange... but i am no expert.. (sure twizzles but the other elements as well?)

All couples (well, except PC) lost levels today, compared with their previous competitions. They left some precious points out there despite errors.

Rossig

On the Ice
he is damn gorgeous to look at also.

I love watching P&C, but I don't find Cizeron handsome at all. Maybe he shaved beard, he would look better.

He's very smooth and fluid, maybe sometimes even too fluid, if that's possible. And maybe that's why you have such an impression.