Random Confessions | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank you! And I love this...folktales and proverbs are one of my favorite things. :)

Often what a person thinks is the worst thing that ever happens to him will later recognize it as the best thing that has ever happened.

A friend of mine whose greatest fear was losing his job was fired. A few years later he told me it was the best thing that had ever happened to him. He went on to have a very successful (different) career and made some significant impacts such that he was commemorated by the US Congress when he passed away.

I told a client exactly such possibility as I found out he was suffering and dealing with impending bankruptcy along with many others in the same industry. They had worked extremely hard for over ten years after landing here as refugees to build up their small manufacture businesses but the tax department cracked down on their subcontracting practice after all the years of letting the practice develop as accepted. Heavy penalties and interests were levied. They were all desperate and in tears. I told him he and his wife had a lot more going for them and more choices than most others in the community. I helped him negotiated a 15% payment and he didn't have to go bankrupt while all the others did under the advice of the evil accountant responsible for the mess. He went to Florida and met someone who financed him to buy his motel, an opportunity he wouldn't have if he had the bankruptcy record. He worked very hard for two years away from his family. One day he called me and we met for tea. He told me he had returned after selling his motel for $2M profit. (Remember the real estate boom in Florida?) He observed that his old friends had mostly restarted the hard work in the same industry as before because that was all they knew.

People usually don't want to change. Being forced out of the old way is therefore considered the worst thing. It's when they are made to open their eyes and minds to new ways and new opportunities that they realize what happened is actually the best thing in their lives.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:think: When you've made a new sort of major life decision, and are over-the-moon happy about it, but feel as if friends, acquaintances etc are judging you for it because they keep mentioning that you should go back and try again at the old point of reference. When you feel like you just cannot win and your heart partially breaks over it, when you should just be thrilled because you really are happy with your choice. :confused::hopelessness:

I hope that made sense. I'm rambling today. :palmf:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:think: but feel as if friends, acquaintances etc are judging you for it because they keep mentioning that you should go back and try again at the old point of reference. When you feel like you just cannot win and your heart partially breaks over it,

What is winning to you? What are worth winning?

Everybody has his/her own perspective and most want to keep things and roles the way they are, which means you should not change as that would upset the applecart. But what do you live for? The applecart?

When you've made a new sort of major life decision, and are over-the-moon happy about it,.............when you should just be thrilled because you really are happy with your choice.

This says you make a good choice. Minds are programmed and your own and others' egos intervene with their agendas. But your heart does not lie. It's an excellent GPS.

You don't have to be "right" all the way. Navigation systems, for air planes and missiles alike, are constantly adjusting the constant deviations to maintain the direction. If a goal and the actions make you happy, you are on track. Adjust when there are obstacles, not to please others' agendas and views of you or your path. And, you can always choose again. Life is about making choices. And experiences, however you or others judge them at the time.

At the end of life, people regret what they didn't do, no what they did.

No need for
:confused::hopelessness:

Congratulations. Stay happy and thrilled. Take happy and smart actions.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What is winning to you? What are worth winning?

Everybody has his/her own perspective and most want to keep things and roles the way they are, which means you should not change as that would upset the applecart. But what do you live for? The applecart?

This says you make a good choice. Minds are programmed and your own and others' egos intervene with their agendas. But your heart does not lie. It's an excellent GPS.

You don't have to be "right" all the way. Navigation systems, for air planes and missiles alike, are constantly adjusting the constant deviations to maintain the direction. If a goal and the actions make you happy, you are on track. Adjust when there are obstacles, not to please others' agendas and views of you or your path. And, you can always choose again. Life is about making choices. And experiences, however you or others judge them at the time.

At the end of life, people regret what they didn't do, no what they did.

No need for

Congratulations. Stay happy and thrilled. Take happy and smart actions.

:thank: I really needed to hear this today. You are very wise VB! :agree:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:think: When you've made a new sort of major life decision, and are over-the-moon happy about it, but feel as if friends, acquaintances etc are judging you for it because they keep mentioning that you should go back and try again at the old point of reference. When you feel like you just cannot win and your heart partially breaks over it, when you should just be thrilled because you really are happy with your choice. :confused::hopelessness:

I hope that made sense. I'm rambling today. :palmf:

:ghug:

I think that Violet Bliss explained things above in the best way already, but from my side - and experience - while hearing those people around, I think You should just stop and decide where do You want to channel Your energy, hopes, determination and if it is worth do give it all to those others' opinions. I'm still learning things, but what I realised is that you have to focus more on yourself (and it is not about being an egoist, not by slightest) when it comes to your path, your decisions, your plans and yourself in general. Of course - the different insight could be useful, but it should never cover the real thing you're experiencing. I like to call that a self-consciousness regarding your own life - it's just about positioning the choices/decisions you make in the centre, not letting others take that place. Be happy, excited, enthusiastic and eager to live your life in the way you're shaping it, because you sound positive about this choice/change you've made. This is you at the 'now' moment and do not really see a necessity to get back to the past like some suggested to you - we should learn from the past, not staying there or try to re-live it. If you felt a need to change, then let's be it. With all things to come you'll experience. Good luck!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well said, NNF!:thumbsup:

Simple life in flowcharts:

To worry or not?

Happiness. (I don't recommend this. Note the difference.)

Here's a complicated one:

To give or not?

My simplification: Watch you f*** budget.

:ghug:

I think that Violet Bliss explained things above in the best way already, but from my side - and experience - while hearing those people around, I think You should just stop and decide where do You want to channel Your energy, hopes, determination and if it is worth do give it all to those others' opinions. I'm still learning things, but what I realised is that you have to focus more on yourself (and it is not about being an egoist, not by slightest) when it comes to your path, your decisions, your plans and yourself in general. Of course - the different insight could be useful, but it should never cover the real thing you're experiencing. I like to call that a self-consciousness regarding your own life - it's just about positioning the choices/decisions you make in the centre, not letting others take that place. Be happy, excited, enthusiastic and eager to live your life in the way you're shaping it, because you sound positive about this choice/change you've made. This is you at the 'now' moment and do not really see a necessity to get back to the past like some suggested to you - we should learn from the past, not staying there or try to re-live it. If you felt a need to change, then let's be it. With all things to come you'll experience. Good luck!

:thank:Thanks to you both with your advice but I think I have it under control now, this was not a simple thing like change of career, it was more matters of the heart as well as a major move in my life: Hence why I was so vague to begin with. :ghug: I appreciate all the feedback though, and VB I'm now officially cross-eyed from some of those flowcharts you posted. :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:thank:Thanks to you both with your advice but I think I have it under control now, this was not a simple thing like change of career, it was more matters of the heart as well as a major move in my life: Hence why I was so vague to begin with. :ghug: I appreciate all the feedback though, and VB I'm now officially cross-eyed from some of those flowcharts you posted. :laugh:

Just one complicated chart and you can skip it because I simplified it with a simple statement. KISS is my motto. :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just signed into Facebook, and was met by a video telling me that I had been on there for 10 years.

:jaw:

Wow!!! I would never have imagined that it was that long.

Facebook may have many faults, but you have to admit that it is great for keeping in touch with friends you have not seen for years.

Oh, and for getting figure skating gossip! ;) :biggrin: :devil:

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I cancelled all of my plans, ordered a vegie pizza, and am going to watch X-Games. I'm most excited to see the girls Park Finals. Its addictive watching the athletes cheer for each other as much as the fans.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
#sundaybakingday

after last week's success of peachy cheesecake, I repeated it with cherries and raspberries, now sitting pretty in the oven:), along with zucchini bread. Just in time to get cozy for Wimbledn final:cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A couple of confessions based on recent TV viewing.

You know how I was telling you a couple of weeks ago that, since Britain's Got Talent has finished and X Factor hasn't started yet, I have gotten into the habit of watching the films that get shown on Saturday evenings on RTÉ1. Well, last night they showed the 2013 Disney version of "The Lone Ranger".

It was hilarious! My parents and I were all laughing the whole way through it. And for a good while after it finished! Admittedly, my Dad kept grumbling "this isn't what the Lone Ranger I remember was like". But, that didn't stop him laughing as much as everybody else! :biggrin:

Unlike my Mum and I, my Dad hasn't seen the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" films. So, he isn't used to Johnny Depp carrying on like that. But, if you love Johnny's Captain Jack Sparrow, you will love his Tonto. (Who would have thought a pirate and a Native American Indian could be so similar?! :confused: :laugh: )

The reason I am bringing this up is that the film is also being shown tonight at 20:00 BST on BBC2. So, if you are able to get the channel, I would highly recommend watching it.

My rating: :points:

The other confession is more of a disappointment.

There is an advert that is being shown an awful lot at the moment. And I love it. I love the whole concept. The story is simple and relatable, and the actors got it across very well. I have long had a secret liking for goths, and the girl in this ad just got it perfect. :bow:

I also love the catchphrase. And that is the irony, because it is obvious that the creators intended a different part of the ad to be the memorable feature. But this phrase has become the most memorable feature instead! And that makes me like it even more! :devil:

But, when I went to look for a copy of the ad online, I made a discovery. The version I have been watching is not the original - it is actually dubbed. :disapp: Which surprised me, as the company that it is for is from an English-speaking country.

Yes, when watching the films on RTÉ the past few weeks, I have come across adverts from British companies being dubbed so that they have Irish accents. But, although this ad was for an American company, I assumed that the girl was actually English, and that she had been picked because a lot of Americans love any British accent.

(Just shows how good an actress whoever provided the English voice was, because her timing was so good that it was not obvious that it was dubbed. :bow: )

Maybe it is because I am used to the British version, but watching the American version, it just doesn't have the same impact for me. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I hate it. ;)

British version
American version

(I still don't see the point in tablet computers).

CaroLiza_fan

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Confession:

THE THIRTEENTH DOCTOR IS A WOMAN AND I WILL BE HENCEFORTH SCREAMING INTERNALLY IN GLEE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
#sundaybakingday

after last week's success of peachy cheesecake, I repeated it with cherries and raspberries, now sitting pretty in the oven:), along with zucchini bread. Just in time to get cozy for Wimbledn final:cheer:

I'll take some of each. Thank you! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Confession:

THE THIRTEENTH DOCTOR IS A WOMAN AND I WILL BE HENCEFORTH SCREAMING INTERNALLY IN GLEE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.

And I will be grabbing the popcorn and watching the inevitable s-storm with glee. :popcorn:

My random confession: I went to watch my team play on Friday night. One of my team's players put such a hit on a particular opposition player that was so hard the player left the field and did not return. Even though my team's player will be suspended for two weeks, I cannot bring myself to regret that he did it. The particular opposition player once played for us, and his betrayal nearly destroyed us. It brought all 10,000 people in the stadium great joy to see that particular player laid out flat.

So I suppose my random confession is that I am truly a barbarian at heart?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
A couple of confessions based on recent TV viewing.

You know how I was telling you a couple of weeks ago that, since Britain's Got Talent has finished and X Factor hasn't started yet, I have gotten into the habit of watching the films that get shown on Saturday evenings on RTÉ1. Well, last night they showed the 2013 Disney version of "The Lone Ranger".

It was hilarious! My parents and I were all laughing the whole way through it. And for a good while after it finished! Admittedly, my Dad kept grumbling "this isn't what the Lone Ranger I remember was like". But, that didn't stop him laughing as much as everybody else! :biggrin:

Unlike my Mum and I, my Dad hasn't seen the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" films. So, he isn't used to Johnny Depp carrying on like that. But, if you love Johnny's Captain Jack Sparrow, you will love his Tonto. (Who would have thought a pirate and a Native American Indian could be so similar?! :confused: :laugh: )

The reason I am bringing this up is that the film is also being shown tonight at 20:00 BST on BBC2. So, if you are able to get the channel, I would highly recommend watching it.

My rating: :points:

The other confession is more of a disappointment.

There is an advert that is being shown an awful lot at the moment. And I love it. I love the whole concept. The story is simple and relatable, and the actors got it across very well. I have long had a secret liking for goths, and the girl in this ad just got it perfect. :bow:

I also love the catchphrase. And that is the irony, because it is obvious that the creators intended a different part of the ad to be the memorable feature. But this phrase has become the most memorable feature instead! And that makes me like it even more! :devil:

But, when I went to look for a copy of the ad online, I made a discovery. The version I have been watching is not the original - it is actually dubbed. :disapp: Which surprised me, as the company that it is for is from an English-speaking country.

Yes, when watching the films on RTÉ the past few weeks, I have come across adverts from British companies being dubbed so that they have Irish accents. But, although this ad was for an American company, I assumed that the girl was actually English, and that she had been picked because a lot of Americans love any British accent.

(Just shows how good an actress whoever provided the English voice was, because her timing was so good that it was not obvious that it was dubbed. :bow: )

Maybe it is because I am used to the British version, but watching the American version, it just doesn't have the same impact for me. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I hate it. ;)

British version
American version

(I still don't see the point in tablet computers).

CaroLiza_fan

Love Johnny Depp esp Pirates... the sword fight with a Orlando Bloom in "P.earl" is gorgeous... he moves like a cat! Love his acerbic wit, crazy slapstick humor... my friend insists she wants to marry Jack Sparrow... I said: No. You don't. Haha. His best character, tho Tonto is a close second...
Really liked Transcendence tho it got lukewarm reviews

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i confess i am watching a very silly program right now, because the host is mario lopez and i cannot stop eye candying on his dimples ;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#sundaybakingday

Oh, you're at it again NoNameFace! Stop, you're killing me! :hap85: Sounds awesome.