Random Confessions | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just made ice cream this weekend. Blue cheese and graham cracker. It was pretty good if I say so myself.

:love:, sounds lovely, You reminded me about this ice-cream recipe I've got: cottage cheese, banana and frozen fruits. I have to try it soon!:)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
God, I love to back to that movie, too...And those old-ish romantic movies in general, I watched myself yesterday 'Kate and Leopold' with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman:)

I brought 'raspcherry cheesecake' as I called it to work (yet again) today:laugh:, my teammates think I'm crazy, I'm more like 'be grateful and eat, everyone has his/her own way to shake off the stress, tension or just relax, mine is cooking/baking':)

have a good Monday and good week everyone!

If your co-workers don't appreciate cheesecake, I'll gladly take it, it's my fave. :biggrin:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Haha, no, a nature reserve.

Mouse 2, karne 1!

Though I was woken half an hour earlier than usual by the rattle-rattle as the mouse tried desperately to get out of the trap. Not this time, buddy! I've got him sitting still in the trap (it has airholes, don't worry) in an ice cream container ready to be taken down to the reserve later. He's still making quite the effort to get out!

Dare I ask? How are things with the mouse?:con3:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dare I ask? How are things with the mouse?:con3:

The mouse took off into the nature reserve at high speed when I opened the trap there. I have reset the traps, but so far have not seen any further evidence of the mouse's return (or the vengeance of his relatives). I am hoping that there was just the one.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
a random bit from today:)

Today, I was in our workplace kitchen making myself a coffee in the morning and asking my teammate about transportation to Bratislava (due to my Nepela plans) and suddenly a small crowd gathered due to curiosity about the reason I want to go there - figure skating competition, it is:laugh:. They were genuinely shocked that I'm so consumed/interested in this thing and I discovered that my other teammate - who is fluent in Japanese - was in Japan few times and even she recognizes Yuzuru, not even watching FS. She told me that this is a whole new level of craze in Japan about Yuzuru, looking at it from Her perspective. And at the end they all told me that I should go at Nepela, because I am really animated about figure skating, and they would love to hear live report:laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the sun is rising.... and i have been pondering for 12 hours non stop about chiddy's programs....

i think it's time i try to find a real purpose in life LOL ie bed would be a good start

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
the sun is rising.... and i have been pondering for 12 hours non stop about chiddy's programs....

i think it's time i try to find a real purpose in life LOL ie bed would be a good start

:ghug:, take care, 4everchan! 'Pondering' means that You care, and it's a good thing in my book, especially You being such fierce supporter of Patrick:)

and save yourself for more 'pondering' to come as we'll see the actual programs and Patrick in action:)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think I've developed an addiction to wheat thins. :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
via Jason's skating to "The Room Where It Happens", not only am I listening to and enjoying more of the Hamilton recordings, I'm also down the wikipedia black hole and learning a buttload more about the Founding Fathers than I ever wanted to know. However...

Can we agree that duels are dumb and immature?
Sure.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
baking corner, episode 123456.....

yesterday I unintentionally made a rainbow pie:cheer:, all blueberries and raspberries coloured the pie in rainbow-y way, my teammates were impressed:cool14:

ETA - forgot to add that today I found some great new recipes - for homemade plum jam and banana bread, weekend looks better already:cheer:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

yesterday I unintentionally made a rainbow pie:cheer:, all blueberries and raspberries coloured the pie in rainbow-y way, my teammates were impressed:cool14:

ETA - forgot to add that today I found some great new recipes - for homemade plum jam and banana bread, weekend looks better already:cheer:

Yum!! I think the Cooking Channel needs to give you your own show.;) I would love to see some of these treats!!! :p

Have fun! :biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:sad4: :bang: :shame: :dbana: :gaah: No! Make it stop! It's not fair that I never get to try any of this stuff. :rofl:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Major life decision has been put in motion with quick timing. :biggrin: :hap93: :luv17:

Also, I fell asleep earlier than usual last night and now awake too early (5:00 AM) with a bit of insomnia. :eek:hwell:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
on Tuesday I got stung by wasp in my left calf and my leg blew up a bit:(, it is still a bit sore there and I got antibiotics today to prevent something worse to happen...

on a brighter side - I mastered that banana bread:cheer:, baked twice already:) and today I am going for bananas again:laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
on Tuesday I got stung by wasp in my left calf and my leg blew up a bit:(, it is still a bit sore there and I got antibiotics today to prevent something worse to happen...

on a brighter side - I mastered that banana bread:cheer:, baked twice already:) and today I am going for bananas again:laugh:

Oh no! Feel better!:console:

You are really after mastering that banana bread and it sounds like a new fave treat! LOL You can say you've definitely gone bananas for it. ;) (yes I know bad pun lol).:laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm very tired today and just need a stay in and cozy nap day..AKA lazy day.:bed:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
My lazy day never happened and probably won't for at least 3 days. :hopelessness:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was dead last in a 2-mile race yesterday! However, it was 97 F and smoky (lots of wildfires in my region), so I'm proud I finished it -- and at a decent time considering (18:33 -- my personal best on that course is 18:02) -- my competitors were mostly high school cross country runners who finished in 10-12 minutes.

And I got an age group award cause nobody else showed up, LOL.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I was dead last in a 2-mile race yesterday! However, it was 97 F and smoky (lots of wildfires in my region), so I'm proud I finished it -- and at a decent time considering (18:33 -- my personal best on that course is 18:02) -- my competitors were mostly high school cross country runners who finished in 10-12 minutes.

And I got an age group award cause nobody else showed up, LOL.

:gclap: Congrats Mrs. P!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thursday night after work I had a photoshoot at a set net site (fishing). normally they come and meet me with a truck to take me to their site on the beach, but this time they "tricked" me and had me park at their house on the bluff... which meant I had to climb down the bluff on a rickety old rope ladder. I nearly died. I'm so freaking afraid of heights. I was TERRIFIED. Then I had to go directly from that into a boat and out into the ocean where I had to figure out how to brace myself in a boat to shoot photos of the action of them hauling in the fishing nets.

That was Thursday night, it's been almost two full days and my legs are still on fire. OMG. I'm in so much pain. I think this is more proof I'm out of shape but DEAR LORD...

They asked me what I was going to charge them and I still really have no idea lol my emotional response right after climbing down the bluff (sandy cliff!) was 5 trillion dollars... lol