Random Confessions | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Oh, you're at it again NoNameFace! Stop, you're killing me! :hap85: Sounds awesome.

:ghug:, yeah, I'm pretty at it every Sunday:laugh:, after another food poisoning 2 weeks ago I came back to the concept of zucchini bread baked and then taken to work for several days, since there's a season right now for zucchinis. I'm adding some cottage cheese, baked/grilled fish and tomatoes and my dinner is ready:). On Friday I tested another recipe for baked zucchinis with brown rice plus veggies filling - it was also very good and my work colleagues approved:laugh:.

As for this cheesecake, I have to confess that I've always associated cheesecake pie with lots of work due to the way my mom doing it usually - her trademark pie is cheesecake with nut filling, taking a lot of time to prepare. But my cheesecake is very easy one I think - very few ingredients, a blender and fruits by your choice. Now I'm searching for healthy and easy recipe for cookies:)

and Arriba and Ic3Rabbit - believe me, if I will ever be in US, I'll make sure to contact you, bake something and give it to you, meanwhile I'm trying to make 'Milan 2018 Worlds' operation happen financially AND trying to decide whether to go at Nepela in September, because it's so close and if the tickets will be cheap...ayyyy mija:drama:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:ghug:, yeah, I'm pretty at it every Sunday:laugh:, after another food poisoning 2 weeks ago I came back to the concept of zucchini bread baked and then taken to work for several days, since there's a season right now for zucchinis. I'm adding some cottage cheese, baked/grilled fish and tomatoes and my dinner is ready:). On Friday I tested another recipe for baked zucchinis with brown rice plus veggies filling - it was also very good and my work colleagues approved:laugh:.

As for this cheesecake, I have to confess that I've always associated cheesecake pie with lots of work due to the way my mom doing it usually - her trademark pie is cheesecake with nut filling, taking a lot of time to prepare. But my cheesecake is very easy one I think - very few ingredients, a blender and fruits by your choice. Now I'm searching for healthy and easy recipe for cookies:)

and Arriba and Ic3Rabbit - believe me, if I will ever be in US, I'll make sure to contact you, bake something and give it to you, meanwhile I'm trying to make 'Milan 2018 Worlds' operation happen financially AND trying to decide whether to go at Nepela in September, because it's so close and if the tickets will be cheap...ayyyy mija:drama:

TY That sounds lovely! :biggrin:
I hope you can go to both competitions. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am addicted to Dimash... i cry every time i hear him sing this song (even though he's learned it phonetically and it's a bit messy with the French) ... and i am not kidding...raw emotion... there are a few other versions of him doing it online... some more powerful but I chose this one today... for the rawness of his voice

Song : S.O.S d'un terrien en détresse
from the musical Starmania (which actually has many great numbers that would be great for figure skating and would make a move outside of POTO realm)
lyrics Luc Plamondon (Canada)
music Michel Berger (France)

Pourquoi je vis, pourquoi je meurs
Pourquoi je ris, pourquoi je pleure
Voici le S.O.S.
D'un terrien en détresse
J'ai jamais eu les pieds sur Terre
J'aim'rais mieux être un oiseau
J'suis mal dans ma peau

J'voudrais voir le monde à l'envers
Si jamais c'était plus beau
Plus beau vu d'en haut
D'en haut
J'ai toujours confondu la vie
Avec les bandes dessinées
J'ai comme des envies de métamorphose
Je sens quelque chose
Qui m'attire
Qui m'attire
Qui m'attire vers le haut

Au grand loto de l'univers
J'ai pas tiré l'bon numéro
J'suis mal dans ma peau
J'ai pas envie d'être un robot
Métro boulot dodo

Pourquoi je vis, pourquoi je meurs
Pourquoi je crie, pourquoi je pleure
Je crois capter des ondes
Venues d'un autre monde
J'ai jamais eu les pieds sur Terre
J'suis mal dans ma peau

J'voudrais voir le monde à l'envers
Dodo l'enfant do

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shark Week starts on Sunday and I'm totally looking forward to it:hap85: I hope they play and I can catch Sharknado :eek::

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have a mouse in my house. Went and bought some humane traps so that I could release the mouse into the reserve not too far from my place. I checked it this morning: peanut butter gone, trap empty.

Mouse 1, karne 0.

Hmm...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I have a new cookies recipe:cheer: and today will be a premiere baking probably:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I also baked tonight! A chocolate cake. Because tomorrow, I must tell my workmates that I am leaving, and they will be sad. So, chocolate cake.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I have a mouse in my house. Went and bought some humane traps so that I could release the mouse into the reserve not too far from my place. I checked it this morning: peanut butter gone, trap empty.

Mouse 1, karne 0.

Hmm...

You have mouse reserves Down Under? I'm impressed.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You have mouse reserves Down Under? I'm impressed.

Haha, no, a nature reserve.

Mouse 2, karne 1!

Though I was woken half an hour earlier than usual by the rattle-rattle as the mouse tried desperately to get out of the trap. Not this time, buddy! I've got him sitting still in the trap (it has airholes, don't worry) in an ice cream container ready to be taken down to the reserve later. He's still making quite the effort to get out!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I just baked those new recipe cookies I mentioned in my last post for the second time - another 'to go' treat: few ingredients, 15 mins and voila! These ones are from cocoa, dark chocolate, bananas, oat flakes and egg, I added coconut shreds due to feel of the moment:laugh:, my work colleagues thought ithat those cookies were some kind of fancy trufles:cool14:

#adventuresofabaker:biggrin:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Favorite summer pick-me-up snack: cup.of frozen berries (blues are my favorite!), or frozen cherries, pour a bit of hot tap water over them... trick is not to thaw them but keep them frozen enough to eat, drizzle lightly with honey or your favorite liqueur (Drambuie..), stir and eat... refreshing and low cal... great substitute for ice cream or sherbet/sorbet which have alot of sugar..

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And just as you posted that I sit here reading and snacking on ice cream. :roll9::biggrin:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Don'T get me wrong!! I LOVE ice cream and the rest, cake etc.. most of the time it's exactly what you want!! Hah! But like something light too, esprcially after a big meal or something lighter as a midnight snack..:agree2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm way too easily sucked into sentimental movies!! :eek::

#AWalkToRemember

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This week's Saturday evening movie was the 2014 re-make of Annie.

And my confession is that in December 1999, I was in my school's production of Annie!

OK, so I only had 2 non-speaking roles (a servent in Daddy Warbucks' mansion, and a sound effects man in the radio station), but it was the most enjoyable thing I have ever taken part in!

So, I had mixed feelings about the re-make. On the one hand, it was really enjoyable. But, leaving aside that it was set in the modern day rather than the 1920's, there were some significant changes that I was not too sure about.

Not least leaving out (or completely changing) both of the scenes that I was in! :mad:

I have to admit, for the first 2 songs, I was singing along. But then they started changing the words of the songs; leaving chunks of the songs out; or changing the songs completely so that they bore no resemblance to the original (as was the case with "I think I'm Gonna Like It Here").

But, when they were singing "Tomorrow" in the finale, I was back singing along. And getting very emotional, because that was my favourite part of the production I was in.

Hey, I still know all the moves we did to "Tomorrow" off by heart! And occasionally still do them if I take the notion! :agree: :biggrin:

(Incidentally, I was also in my school's production of "Hello Dolly" in December 2002. This time, they brought in a professional choreographer. The moves she came up with were so complicated that everybody was struggling to get them into their heads. :drama: Even when she reluctantly "simplified" them! :eek: And I am sure I am not the only person that couldn't remember any of the moves just a few months later, never mind now! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm way too easily sucked into sentimental movies!! :eek::

#AWalkToRemember

God, I love to back to that movie, too...And those old-ish romantic movies in general, I watched myself yesterday 'Kate and Leopold' with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman:)

I brought 'raspcherry cheesecake' as I called it to work (yet again) today:laugh:, my teammates think I'm crazy, I'm more like 'be grateful and eat, everyone has his/her own way to shake off the stress, tension or just relax, mine is cooking/baking':)

have a good Monday and good week everyone!