2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Short Dance

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Russian audience not happy B/S are behind the Shibs, but I think it's a good score. Less thank a point behind, the Shibs will need to be perfect in the free to win

GGFan

Record Breaker
I think B/S really missed an opportunity in the first part of the program. They have a "grown" look to them and have a presence. They could have used to that music to really play up their connection, etc, but it just wasn't there. Once the music speeds up I think it really showcases their weaknesses. A lot of flailing to hide the fact that they're not quite quick or musical enough to own that music.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Okay.. I'm going to complain.

So far I'm totally uninspired by the SDs this year. Last year I had fun during the short dance..even the bad ones. So far.. blah.. just blah.

I'm afraid it's going to be a long season. And I was counting on the board to help me through but if the problems posting continue I might start doing the unthinkable and skipping the SDs (especially the earlier flights)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In a group where everybody up to now had awful dresses, Katya's was absolutely beautiful! :love:

But that music was seriously weird.

The skating was good, though. And they deserve to be in second position.

Right, back to snooker for an hour, and then decide whether to watch the first group of the Pairs before tea-time.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
well...looking forward to re-watch - if I must carve time to re-watch something, it sure will be Ice Dance:laugh:, looks like Maia and Alex had quite a party:), happy for both Shibutanis and Ekaterina and Dmitri, huge scores, I am sure I'll like both performances, because, well - they are both amazing teams when it comes to performance.

pearly

Record Breaker
Hey.. it's this nice american girl in a lovely dress skating the dance of love with her shirtless brother.

In ice dance it's practically a given that there is some sort of chemistry between the partners. Most programs are choreographed to invoke some sort of romance, desire etc. The Shibutanis avoid that really well and manage to still get and deserve high PCS for everything they do. It's definitely not an easy thing to do.

Lota

Record Breaker
The music choices are so off for me this season, some are just... weird, and don't work at all. I'd much rather skaters were original with their elements rather than music/looks.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Maia's dress is stunning in my opinion. It's a work of art, and that's rare in a normal scenario let alone in this short dance of awful dresses! 😍😁👏

auser

Record Breaker
Hey.. it's this nice american girl in a lovely dress skating the dance of love with her shirtless brother.
Funny, I felt like they were going so out of their way not to make people uncomfortable because they are siblings that their dance almost felt disconnected from each other. Sort of like their theme was a brother/sister team teaching dancing at a "Dirty Dancing"(the film) like vacation spot.

nocturnalis

Medalist
Liked B/S the most out of all them which is surprising because that is an opinion I never have. B/S have flaws but so do S/S and I do believe they are within one point of each other. S/S music requires an intensity that I have never seen them bring. I believe that G/P should be in third with a score around 72. Don't know why they got less than 70, quite frankly. The fact that S/B are in the low to mid 70's is a continuing joke. Could easily see them deservingly scoring 7-10 points lower than what they typically do.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
pipergillesA score’s a score, but it was sure fun performing for our fans in Russia!! On to the freedance!! Look how cute these flower sweepers are!?!?

evasorange

Final Flight
well i personally LOVED the Shibs! It was fun fast and just had a joyful spirit about it. I was smiling the whole time. Would love to see them over take tessa and scott just once

Kutien

Final Flight
1Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA77.301video
2Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS76.332video
3Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS71.323video
4Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN69.674video
5Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA68.995video
6Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV RUS64.146video
7Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA59.417
8Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA55.648
9Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN CZE54.399video
10Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR53.1110