2017 GPF Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Short Dance

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
What the heck judges! I think Madison and Zach were low balled. If they are going to be super nit-picky they better do it for the later teams too. GRRR

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Madison's arm finishing, head movement, upper body actions - really resembling salsa style:love:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you Japanese audience for clapping on the beat.

Like I said, consummate professionals.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Hubbell & Donohue were slow and didn't have the energy. Not a fan of this performance.

Chock & Bates have so much pose-eography and not enough focus on her. Meh.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As i said earlier, Chock and Bates seem REALLY off. Like something deep down that's causing them problems. The speed and power that I've seen from them was MIA today, even more so than earlier in the season.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Love C/B music choices in that they're actually latin. I even saw some Evan spark!! Not a huge fan of their skating though

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I really did not like that from C/B - the program, the execution of it, the outfits, etc. I'm sorry, but I just do not buy the performance from Evan, and even Madison, who is usually a great performer, seemed flat. You can really see the difference in speed and skating skills between them and H/D.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
C/B looks too cautious and slow in some parts comparing to H/D. Nice body movements tho
E: Yeah, lowest PCS so far :agree:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Chock / Bates

Tech: Good sync through the twizzles, could be faster and have more ice coverage. Partial step had a good, interesting connections, graded Level 3. Great through the Rhumba section, Level 4. Nice split position in the curve lift. Midline step seqeuence could have more complicated steps, graded Level 3.

Pres: This one's difficult to call. For me, it didn't have the same impact and connection to the music as the other two teams, so I'll be interested to see what they get in PCS. I think Chock gets that Latin vibe through but Bates is lacking that imposing Latin flair and pizzazz.