2017 GPF Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Short Dance

LadyB

Record Breaker
Come on, guys! Entertain me! For once, I can totally enjoy this, I've got no stakes in it :laugh:

Nearly lunch time. I might have a mulled wine with it....

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I still can't believe that he didn't grab the blade. My eye sight it sucky, so I didn't notice at first. He did a good job pulling it off, imo.

When did Guillaume not grab his blade?? I saw Andrew miss his blade two weeks ago, but not Guillaume?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I feel like what Anna and Luca are doing is the tone my bbs Piper and Paul were going for with their Yma Sumac SD. I hope they get their programs sorted :eek:hwell:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
very few women can pull off strong eye and lip make-up - Anna is one of them:love:, srsly, that woman looks always so gorgeous!

and still mermaid vibes from Madison:cool14:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Something about Anna's dress is bugging me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. :scratch2:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Anna/Luca seemed cautious... but it's just so fun watching them skate ! Performance quality +10GOEs :)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Cappelini / Lanotte

Tech: Fairly good sync through the twizzles, rotation could be slightly faster. Nice sync through the midline step, graded Level 3, first half could have deeper edges. Solid rhumba section, graded Level 4. I wish the last section was more aggressive. Not the most impressive lift but nice rotation.

Pres: This team's interpretation and performance quality is always strong and I got a great Latin feeling throughout the program, a bit more in the beginning. Some of their transitions aren't as difficult, some two-footed skating and edges that are flatter than the top teams. However, this is the best I've seen them perform this program all season.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Solid skate by C/L, but the program feels rather dated to me (The 1980s prom dress doesn't help matters). They're really well matched physically, but I feel like he has a better feel for the music/style than she does.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I really like C/L's packaging this season. That program has great energy. I especially love the last third. They're just not as good skaters as some of the other teams

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anna and Luca always are top notch on the performance ability. level 3 on the step sequences but great GOEs should be a new SB ahead!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's a very ballroomy take on the requirements. You can tell they went through years of compulsory set pattern dances. That wouldn't have been out of place 20 years ago.

Probably the best performance I've seen of that this season, but there were moments of snow. But it was crisp--especially their upper bodies. And it had verve.