Random Confessions | Page 82 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't celebrate Easter per se, but I'm all about celebrating chocolate and FOUR DAYS OF NO WORK.

Chocolate is good. Days off are good. A swimming pool full of kids is not good, but we've had to deal with that for the last 2 weeks, it's related to spring break rather than Easter. My aquafit class an hour an a half earlier than usual is BAD. The probability that I'll miss it is HIGH. But not as high as it was before you guys reminded me, and I put a note on my chair to remind me to go GO EARLY.

Thanks, guys.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck, Arriba. Happy Birthday, Musique :hb:. Congrats, Chemistry66 on your official job offer! Happy Easter to all who observe it. Happy Passover to all of the Jewish posters here! :biggrin:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't celebrate Easter per se, but I'm all about celebrating chocolate and FOUR DAYS OF NO WORK.

4 days of chocolate is always a good thing! :laugh:

I love your new username tagline. ;)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i love watching videos about lions and tigers :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5CBvDsef0 (safari park in Crimea)

You know how you tube recommends videos to you? I watch a lot of animal videos (especially GSD and Cockatoo ones) and the first recommend video was of a lion eating a live baby zebra. i mean I understand that the lion needs to eat and the cycle of life but why would anyone want to watch a video of that? Ew.

russianfan

Match Penalty
You know how you tube recommends videos to you? I watch a lot of animal videos (especially GSD and Cockatoo ones) and the first recommend video was of a lion eating a live baby zebra. i mean I understand that the lion needs to eat and the cycle of life but why would anyone want to watch a video of that? Ew.

i don't know either :)
have you seen anything like that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWeWBUDf4tc :biggrin:
or like that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQu4NZy0qkk feeding lions directly :biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Happy Easter for those celebrating or Happy holidays/celebration of free time for everyone!!! :ghug::) :cheer:
Cheers from under pile of baked goodies - I am exhausted from cleaning, shopping and baking/cookie, but we made: hazelnut cheesecake, collars with poppy seed and walnuts/mascarpone filling, cocoa wafle with raisins, almonds, walnuts and alcohol and lemon cake.

:drama:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Does anyone else have one of those :palmf: moments when they watch an older program on Youtube and wonder 'what happened to the TES box'?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Never heard of it. What is it about?

Murder... :)
anyway the two gals discuss their favorite murders (of the day / week whatever) and talk about how messed up they are and a bunch of other stuff about them
and then they read submissions from listeners about hometown murders

lots of strong language :)

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone else have one of those :palmf: moments when they watch an older program on Youtube and wonder 'what happened to the TES box'?

Was watching the 2016 JGPF and waited for the new tech box to pop up...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Murder... :)
anyway the two gals discuss their favorite murders (of the day / week whatever) and talk about how messed up they are and a bunch of other stuff about them
and then they read submissions from listeners about hometown murders

lots of strong language :)

- - - Updated - - -

Was watching the 2016 JGPF and waited for the new tech box to pop up...
oh.. I thought it might like Serial or the tv show making a murder.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wrote a list of housework type things that needed doing this weekend on Friday morning. Autumn cleaning, if you will.

There are 11 things on the list.

It's Sunday morning and I've crossed off one. :palmf:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I wrote a list of housework type things that needed doing this weekend on Friday morning. Autumn cleaning, if you will.

There are 11 things on the list.

It's Sunday morning and I've crossed off one. :palmf:

I'm on 2 weeks off work and still can't be bothered turning my place into display home condition so don't feel bad lol!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw something which has made me kinda sad.

A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to became pretty close friends on Facebook with a skater I was a fan of. And because of this, she became one of the first skaters that I adopted here on GS (being friends with her made making the Fan Fest very easy, as she was able to help me out A LOT along the way).

Since she retired a few years ago, we have drifted apart, as our lives have taken us in different directions. But, we would still send birthday greetings.

Although she has revised the introduction to her Instagram page quite a few times over the past few years according to whatever project she was involved in at the time (there have been a lot!), she always kept the bit saying that she was her country's national figure skating champion.

Until now. Now her introduction only talks about her current career. No more mention of the figure skating, or of any of the projects.

I know people move on with their lives, and she is well on the way to carving out a successful new career. But, figure skating is a large part of who she is. So, even though I am happy that her new career is going well, seeing this disappear from her introduction has upset me.

That's the sentimental old fool in me.

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I improved to one and a half!

BBQ stains on the balcony resisted scrubbing. Borrowed my dad's high pressure cleaner and will complete tomorrow.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I need to totally sanitise the place which isn't a problem going nuts with bleach and pine o clean BUT! every time my place is smelling hospital fresh, I get bloody ants and cockroaches appreciating my hard work, even the occasional rodents!!!:gaah: :dev2:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I improved to one and a half!

BBQ stains on the balcony resisted scrubbing. Borrowed my dad's high pressure cleaner and will complete tomorrow.

this actually sounds kind of fun. Like when you get to pressure wash the driveway.