Random Confessions | Page 80 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Confession: every time I see the name of the Worlds arena, I think it's called the Meldonium forum and then I have a lot of remarks store up in my head, most of them relating to wondering how many of the people that were crying that it was right for Stolbova and Bukin to be banned from the Olympics for no reason were also the people squealing that Kostner shouldn't have been banned for a wilful doping rule violation.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mine confesision: I ditched Men in the morning today in favour of watching Qualification for Ski Flying in Planica. Sadly, the wind screwed with Ski Jumpers even more than the jury.

I haven't watched ANY of Worlds yet because I'm trying to catch up on last week's RAW AIR and the Alpine World Cup Finals before the weekend (my Dad is away on a trip, so I have to leave space on the Sky box so that I can tape the World Superbikes on Saturday and Sunday, so that we can watch them on Monday when he is back).

I'm in the first round from Trondheim at the moment, with 21 left to jump.

Oh, and my Mum is in another room watching my DVD of "The Price Of Gold". She didn't know much about the Nancy-Tonya story before we went to see "I, Tonya" (she was rather pre-occupied with being a Mum back then), so she is now trying to find out more.

Don't worry, I'll catch up on Worlds and Planica over the next week.

CaroLiza_fan

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
have you ever had liberte's yogurt? It's practically pudding level yummy. And they have passion fruit flavour. And coconut. I love coconut flavoured yogurt.

I love liberte!! The pomegrante is my favorite, but then I discovered the french lavender one while in Montreal and :love:!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I went and opened up the stats on the thumbs centre for the heck of it and discovered I have the post with the most thumbs in the last 7 days :shocked: Yay? lol

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I frankly hope none of the rules on changing the length of a men's FP and amount of jumps in a men's FP, the thing where they're thinking of doing themes for FD (I think that's what I heard), or wacky things like that get voted through.

I'm also one that really doesn't care a WHOLE lot if a program is artistic enough. There is something there in every program.

And I hope that they don't change the base values of quads or any jumps.

Is this me being someone who doesn't like change when I don't like it? Probably. But some things should go down to smarter planning instead.

Shandy

On the Ice
I know this probably sounds like ad spam (I promise it's not; I just want to crow about it), but I just won $18 on the HQ Trivia app! :drama: :yahoo:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I went and opened up the stats on the thumbs centre for the heck of it and discovered I have the post with the most thumbs in the last 7 days :shocked: Yay? lol

Congratulations!!! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I never look at the "Top Rated" tab, so I have no idea if I have ever made the cut. But, seeing the numbers, I doubt it. I can't remember ever having a post with over 20 thumbs on it.

As a side note, on the "Latest Thumbs Received" tab, there was one time last October when the 13 most recent thumbs I had received were all from the same member. And it just looked so surreal scrolling down the page seeing the same name again and again. So surreal, in fact, that I took a screenshot of it!

But, this was a unique situation that will probably never happen again. The reason being that the member in question had only just joined, and all the posts she had "liked" were about her daughter... ;)

CaroLiza_fan