2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@IceRabbit, check out Eva Cassidy's version of Fields of Gold, as it is one of the most requested songs here, on a local CBC music radio show.

I know it well, skated to it before actually, I'm a music fiend. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just a heads up: All event tickets for Autumn Classic will go on sale on June 19 at 10 AM. There is no assigned seating. :disapp: There are also Japanese tour companies who will be bringing fans to this event so if you want a ticket, it's best to buy it at 10 AM on June 19.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2018-au...-classiques-dautomne-2018-tickets-45040325827

NOW... trust MANGO and me... you need to put your alarm clock at 9 55 am... and try to get in there.. have an account already... and BE QUICK...

I got ACI last year and it was sold out by 1015am

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I was pretty upset not to get tickets last year, I will try my best this year, it's bad time for me as I'll be at work, good time for international fans to snap up tickets.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was pretty upset not to get tickets last year, I will try my best this year, it's bad time for me as I'll be at work, good time for international fans to snap up tickets.

it was pretty upsetting for many skating kids from the region who couldn't attend.... I talked with some of the competitors' parents last year who had to ask Skate Canada to find a way to get them in as they tried to buy tickets just after 10am and they were sold out...

I wonder if the facility in Oakville is larger than Pierrefonds...

trains

On the Ice
Sixteen Mile Creek has 1500 seats in one of the ice surfaces. The others are smaller. It's a community recreation centre. Canadian Adult Nationals were held there a while ago and also Ontario Sectionals is there.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I haven't been able to get the number of seats at Sportplexe... it has 4 rinks but of course, only one was used for ACI competition. (at least, for the actual programs.. maybe they trained or warmed up on another sheet.. i wouldn't know)... Hard to tell if it had more or less than 1500 seats...

My research on their website confirmed something though : they are hosting again the Championnat québécois d'été in August.. .I doubt i will go... but we never know...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Pre-Sale was not for Skate Canada members I think, it was for people who purchased tickets last year apparently. I grabbed mine today when someone shared the presale code with me.

Also preliminary entries for Minto Summer Skate are now out. Conrad Orzel and Stephen Gogolev are both listed under Junior men. Stephen skated as a senior at Minto last year, I guess they're looking to test his junior programs?
http://www.skateontario.org/wp-cont...s-1-Minto-Summer-Skate-Interim-Entry-List.pdf

Scout

Final Flight
I didn't purchase tickets last year, but got the code emailed to me as a "Skate Canada member pre-sale".

I guess Conrad and Stephen need to prep for JGP and will need both junior & senior programs this year. I'm so excited for the Canadian men on the JGP this season. Also excited for Minto! Lots of skaters there!

synteis

Medalist
I didn't purchase tickets last year, but got the code emailed to me as a "Skate Canada member pre-sale".

I guess Conrad and Stephen need to prep for JGP and will need both junior & senior programs this year. I'm so excited for the Canadian men on the JGP this season.
I think it was for both members and fans (ie people who had purchased Skate Canada run events this year or last, say CanNats, AC, SC).

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I also got the pre-sale email. I asked to be put on the notify list for last year's Nationals tickets, and I've received the pre-sale email for all the Skate Canada events since then. I think you only have to ask to be put on the list.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah.. i get all the pre-sales for Tennis as I asked Tennis Canada to put me on the list, and same with Skate Canada... Enjoy Autumn Classic you guys !!!! I wish i could go this year.. but I will report from SCI

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
yeah.. i get all the pre-sales for Tennis as I asked Tennis Canada to put me on the list, and same with Skate Canada... Enjoy Autumn Classic you guys !!!! I wish i could go this year.. but I will report from SCI

Wait, you're coming to SCI?!!??! Squeeeeeeeeeeee! :yahoo:

Haleth

On the Ice
Pre-Sale was not for Skate Canada members I think, it was for people who purchased tickets last year apparently. I grabbed mine today when someone shared the presale code with me.

Also preliminary entries for Minto Summer Skate are now out. Conrad Orzel and Stephen Gogolev are both listed under Junior men. Stephen skated as a senior at Minto last year, I guess they're looking to test his junior programs?
http://www.skateontario.org/wp-cont...s-1-Minto-Summer-Skate-Interim-Entry-List.pdf

Thank you for the list!

Stephen is competing as a junior internationally for the first time; iirc there is a rule that allows him to compete as a senior at Nats, which he did the last couple years afaik.

I see Conrad is still listed as YRSA. Did the entry deadline come before the (presumed) switch to TCC? I see Corey and Bruce (both as single and dance as usually) are also representing TCC.

synteis

Medalist
I have decided to go all in this year so I'm going to SC and AC. It's gonna be an exciting time.

Haleth

On the Ice
AH! Thanks all who mentioned getting ACI tickets just now. I didn't see my morning e-mail (unexpected reno craziness), heard about the sale from a friend 2 hours after the tickets were released, and when I looked it seemed like all the day passes were gone so I gave up. But when I checked just now, Thurs and Fri were still available. I snapped them up and have set my calendar already for 10 min before 10am on the 19th to get a Sat pass (or hell I'd be happy with the all-event too since I could likely find an interested friend or perhaps my partner will want it for Sat).

Phew!

(sorry for the double post)