2019 European Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Russia
Music: Paso Doble: Malaguena performed by Blast; Tango: Tango Suite Part III by Al Di Meola; Tango: Carmen's Story performed by Edith Piaf
Choreography by: Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia, Petr Chernyshev
Costumes: Grey dress with heart-shapes sequins and organza skirting for her (pretty! I'll say it here, she's always the best costumed Russian woman); black pants with toredor-style jacket and black scoop neck shirt for him

Required Elements:

Lots of Paso Doble posing to start. Ole or Oi Vey: you decide. And finally into
Twizzles - Level 4 for both. 3.01 goe. Hard to tell from camera angle the coverage. I'd be curious. Still, much better coverage since they wisely removed the shoot the duck first set.
ML St Seq - Level 3, 3.14 goe. It's certainly in character and well done.
Tempo change again and it's Edith Piaf at her Most Militant! She's French! She has No Regrets!
TR Pt1 - Level 2 NYYY, 2.41 goe
TR Pt2 - Level 4 YYYYY. 2.01 goe
Curve Lift with cartwheel entrance up to her posing on his thigh. Level 4, 1.30 goe

Really, Euros has been most kind in putting national rivals back to back not once but twice. They know their UberDramahhhhhhhhh!

Well S/B, it is definitely different. I do basically like it, and they certainly have upped their game this season. Smart of them to do the pattern to something with a militaristic beat--it makes doing the pattern easier when the beat is that insistent.

Score: 81.37 and a SB. Well if you say so.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
The woman in the crowdshot shaking her head after the score speaks for all of us.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Love Bukin’s reaction [emoji1] Stepanova did not seem too impressed

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
The quality of Nikita and Vika's skating is so apparent now that S/B are skating. I don't know, I can't warm up to S/B:confused2:
I shall voodoooo you to look past over their mistake and enjoy their GPF RD performance instead [emoji1787]

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well Ivan Bukin is like "WHOA" and Alexandra Stepanova is like "Okay then" it's such a stark contrast

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wow, that's a huuuge advantage over S/K.... PCS difference is pretty big.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Now, that was some coverage on twizzles...And lines in pattern, no bumping heads above your partner...

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Keypoints being restored in real time was awesome.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That stationary lift is so cool!

Go Charlene and Marco! I wonder if they can get near 80!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
She wobbled a bit during twizzles but otherwise that also looked great to me but what do I know

LaArdilla

Medalist
Lol Happy Barb running :)

It was a great idea not to eat anything before this group, my lord. I’m still shaken after these falls.