2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Speaking of Russian ice dancers, congratulations to Katia Boborova who's having a baby soon. :biggrin: I always liked her.

Oooooo huuuge score for Sinkats!!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
The colour of Piper's new dress doesn't match Paul's shirt.

Oh, I've got it. It matches the flower in her hair. :dance3:Anyway, I preferred her yellow dress. It was quite original for a tango.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooo that rotational lift was gorgeous! How do they stay in those positions?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Very nice! Good levels, too. It seems like it took the higher-ranked teams longer to make the TR pattern work with their speed, but now at the end of the season they're doing better with it overall.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Lv 4 YYYY for the second pattern :yahoo:

I still miss the yellow dress, but they are so connected and you can't help but be drawn into their emotions

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I know they won't win this, but the level of subtle & original nuance they introduced into that RD, how they grew it is unparalleled for me. Splendid performance.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
That looked far more polished than last time I saw it... they must have made some changes and worked hard on the elements. Bravo!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SBS man just said that Paul look like he's stepped out of a 1920s silent movie, and I don't think he's wrong. :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
Canada
Music: Tango: "Angelica's Tango" by Piernicola Di Muro
Choreography by: Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
Costumes: NEW DRESS ALERT FOR PIPER! :) Funded by fans. Orange metallic satine (?) with lovely beading that is, as per usual with Piper, unusual and striking. Black suit with red shirt (and 'stache) for him.

Required Elements:

She steps onto his boot for spinning tango steps which, since they aren't claiming is a LIFT, I find fun. And into the
TR Pattern 1 - Level 3 YYYN 1.88 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 4 YYYY 1.61 goe
YAY! They finally had a great TR
Twizzles - Lovely drop down posiiton in there. Level 4 for both. 2.78/ Love the shuffle step between sets
Circ St Seq - with a lovely spinning move in there. There's a sunny feel to this. Level 3, 2.90
Ro Lift - he lifts her by the thigh and off they spin... She holds a nice position. Level 4, 1.50 goe

The RD has kept these two off the podium at major events all year. Which is a shame because they have a real feel for tango, these two. And I like the sunniness of this -- it's their own style. It's a shame the tech has tripped them up this season. That should easily be a SB.

Score: 80.44 and yes, a very well deserved SB

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Gilles / Poirier (CAN)

Tech:

- Pattern: Carefully well-timed, secure edges, smooth upper body (kpYYYN and kpYYYY)
- Twizzles: Good first set, stable second set, very fast third set (Lv 4/4)
- Step: Interesting placement and pattern, good phrasing, could have more attack (Lvl 3)
- Lift: Wonderful balance point and security (Lvl 4)

Pres:

- This pair is consistently smooth and secure. I think they still struggle when it comes to creating more dimension and picking out the nuances of the tango, because I know they have the interpretative skill to be even more connected with each note of the music. That one stop in choreography doesn't help, feels like little is happening. Still very strong outing and nice dress.

Score: 80.44, TES 44.08, PCS 36.36 (currently 2nd)