2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I know they won't win this, but the level of subtle & original nuance they introduced into that RD, how they grew it is unparalleled for me. Splendid performance.

:yay: Hello! I managed to wake up just in time for Piper and Paul. Lucky! (But now I need to go back and rewatch everyone I missed :slink:)

reneerose

Final Flight
Part of me feels like the tango from two seasons ago would have done much better for this season. Thought P2 would have gotten an 82.00. Sigh.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Two-thirds of a shirt aside, that was very well done, but well seeing them after S/K's impeccable technical skill and Piper and Paul's emotional depth isn't really to their favour

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ah, they did not get all their levels this time :( Will fall behind a lot of teams.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kaliszek / Spodyriev (POL)

Tech:

- Lift: Interesting lift that feels seamless with the choreography (Lvl 4)
- Twizzles: Fine first set, nice step between into the second set (Lvl 4/4)
- Pattern: Fairly strong steps, secure edges, precise (kpYYYY + kpYNYY)
- Step: Just a little off near the end, but quite secure throughout (Lvl 3)

Pres:

- A fine performance. It could have more dimension, seems to hover at one level for the most part. Good security and smooth with secure holds. I think they need more challenging choreography for next year.

Score: 73.64, TES 41.01, PCS 32.63 (currently 4th)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV
Poland
Music: Tango: Passion for Tango
Choreography by: S. Nowak-Trebacka, L. Chojnacak, R. Bondara
Costumes: Midnight blue/Black for her. Goodbye acid green! Black pants with a sheer tux shirt and the most man cleavage EVUH (JLo at the Grammys would blush) for him.

Required Elements:

First off, this isn't really a TR. It's a standard European tango. To be nice we'll call it a Traditional Approach. If we weren't so nice we'd call it Hopelessly Dated! But we're nice. :)

Opening with a SL Lift from a virtual standstill. Very difficult and quite good. A wee bit of traveling though. Level 4, 1.04 goe
More Euro tango steps and finally we're into the
Twizzles - with a killer entrance. Level 4 for both, 1.94 goe
TR Pt 1 - Level 4 YYYY, 1.94 goe
TR Pt 2 - Level 3, YNYY, 1.61 goe
And into a Diagonal Step Sequence that is Throwback City. Level 3, 1.34 goe
Then a flip into the final pose.

These guys may have been the hardest working team all season in terms of number of competitions. they were also one of the few teams at Euros to get all 8 keypoints. Hard work and competition experience has its benefits!

It's come a long long longggggggggg way this tango. And count me a fan. I've always liked this team.

Score: 73.64 and a well deserved SB. Good for them. And burn that green dress.