2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I have a question... why was Rika's coach sitting in the K&C with Young You? :laugh: Is she still with Tom?

Tom Zs camp and Team Hamada work together. They often train at each others rinks during the summer and during the season. They sometimes go to comps for each others skaters, if the regular coach cannot go.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I have a question... why was Rika's coach sitting in the K&C with Young You? :laugh: Is she still with Tom?

I found that interesting too, but both YoungYou and Yelim's coach listed are still TomZ. The reason why Young sit with Rika's coach is may due to that Team Hamada (Rika's) has quite some collaboration with Colorado Springs where TomZ currently resides (Young and Yelim's). Young said herself in interviews she trains in 3 locations: US, Japan and Korea. I guess when she trains in Japan, she is under the wings of Team Hamada (Rika's coaching team)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh squirtle, you just drop me down only to lift me up again. What can I do, you are beautiful and talented and I can't help but be in love with you. All my congratulations to your first medal of the season, may it be the first of many.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think the free music edit really suited the character (Sabrina) Squirtle is portraying . angelic, charming, delicate, elegant and occasional playful and cunning. It suits Squirtle's quality too.
This free has huge potential. Right now, it is just a cleanish outing. Can't wait to watch more polished version into this season.

I just wish squirtle can change her nail color into something not grey... (looks like zombie's fingernails ). Any pink or champagne color that matches to her dress would be much nicer.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
I’m so devastated for Young. She deserves so much more than what she’s getting from the judges. Constantly underscored. I’m rooting for her!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So proud of Eunsoo. After the troubles I saw she had during practice I was worried, but she fought for those jump in the program!!! Both of her programs are simply magical! She is such a performer. Such grace. Eunsoo reminds me of the old Hollywood stars. Just class! I thought she deserved a little more in PCs, but oh well it is just the beginning of the season! I wish Eunsoo a lot of success, fun and beautiful skates for the upcoming GP season!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Young starts her senior season with a bronze, and Yelim a pretty solid 4th. The trio has started their seasons well, I'm happy :luv17: Yelim's without a medal right now, but she was with Young at Lombardia so that's to be taken into account. Really, if you ask me the only competitions where two or more of the trio compete are supposed to be domestic comps (i.e. ranking/Nats), 4CC, and Worlds :p

enzet

On the Ice
Loved both Young and Yelim! Beautiful skaters, great jumps. Young's 3A looks like it might work pretty well for her this season.:thumbsup:
Liked their SPs, especially Yelim's, the FPs not so much but can live with that.
Once again they proved that the Korean ladies are by far the best dressed skaters out there, their dresses...OMG!!!:love::luv17::rock:

Somi

Rinkside
They should really give You young one more GP spot. If anything, I think if the KSU really wants to send someone to GPF, giving you young two spots and Eunsoo 1, is more sensible.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
They should really give You young one more GP spot. If anything, I think if the KSU really wants to send someone to GPF, giving you young two spots and Eunsoo 1, is more sensible.

Young has the 3A and when she nails it she's the one with the highest scoring potential. It wasn't quite there in the LP today but I think she should be rewarded for going for such a risk and standing out from the other Korean seniors.

On the other hand, Eunsoo has also medalled this season and looked really good in her LP.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I LOVE Jun's both programs:love::love::love:, honorable mention the underdog Yelim. liked both of her programs (music editing and choreo) this year, especially her short black swan, it is a quite unusual, unexpected choreo ideas and it totally worked (free is also quite lovely, better music editing than I assumed)!! Yelim seems tense up a bit in comps, her upper-body lines improvement is more visible in her practice. Hope Yelim will have more confidence of herself in the future:luv17:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

Uh... First things first, KSU has no power over GP assignments. You can only pick skaters to give a spot if you're hosting a GP, and that's only with the host spot. The rest are invitations. It's not like JGP. Second, she is lower on the SB list than Yelim (granted she wasn't rotating her 3A last season, but nonetheless), and we should remember that among the trio Yelim is the most consistent if you average the results overall. Third, the chances of a Korean lady going to GPF is very, very slim this season. Like, look at the ladies' field. There are more than 10 ladies who have the firepower to get tickets. Again, it's not like JGPF. While Young is deserving of a second spot, Eunsoo deserves both her spots, and Yelim also deserves a second spot. It's just that the ladies have been getting only tougher and tougher.

Sorry if this sounded offensive, I admit I got defensive over squirtle. But even with biased eyes there are some facts to be seen.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Eunsoo was guaranteed two spots by finishing top ten at Worlds. Yelim was guaranteed 1 due to her SB. Young was guaranteed no spots. Just a reminder.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I have to admit folks, I have no idea what's going on with our men these days. Sihyeong got himself a pretty decent 3A (and a JGP silver) and has landed a 4S in practice, Younghyun even with his falls due to his not-yet-there 3As placed 5th at his first JGP of the season (did I mention he did an impromptu 3Lo-3Lo) and is rotating jumps better, and Junhwan... I am both in awe and adoration. So many tech upgrades, his artistry just keeps on improving, and he performs two lovely programs beautifully. Considering the field he faced at ACI 4th is almost astonishing, remember he popped his 4S and had a step-out on his 4T, never mind all the URs and dropped levels. All this, in his first competition of the season.

Ugh, no wonder KSU won't even try to pretend they have plans for the future. Miracles, big and tiny, keep on happening in this tiny country. The Queen didn't just pave the road, she planted miracle seeds along the way. And those seeds are growing damn fast.