2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 414 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
She is not on the same level as top girls and also not in form now, so it is hard to say something special about her.

Well she was 4th in the LP with a decent performance, considering the rough time she's been having I'd say that's a big positive.

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to Anna for maintaining grace under pressure to skate great and win the freeskate along with her first senior competition. Her quad lutz was beautiful to watch as was her wonderful performance.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Oh then the movie is definitely darker and more explicit, I remember sex scenes, and nudity.

The movie is deemed suitable for 12 year olds in Germany (which means you are allowed to watch it as a 6 year old if your parents are supervising you). :D I guess we are less strict when it comes to those topics. Many of my friends had to read the book in school when they were 13-15 years old.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
It is pretty obvious Sofia starts to struggle with jumps this season. The height of her jumps will not survive any additional growth of her body. She had her chances last year and she seized them. But this season, with her weaker jumps and average everything else in her skating, even consistency cannot get her very far.

After that SP i thought: "this season might be the last for her", then she came back strong on the free which was a great redemption for her and i hope she can build from that. (that said if she was ready for the free, she was also for the short).

I don't understand why Mishin asked her to do 3t-3t in the SP when her 3f-3t seems better.

starla16

Medalist
It is pretty obvious Sofia starts to struggle with jumps this season. The height of her jumps will not survive any additional growth of her body. She had her chances last year and she seized them. But this season, with her weaker jumps and average everything else in her skating, even consistency cannot get her very far.

she grew and filled out but while her skating looks laborous I dont see any issue with the jumps, I love her FS the best she has had so far in her seniors.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
That's so subjective.

Here is Anya's scoresheet.

Not a single executed element got even a +1 GOE; that is with Anya's difficult entries into the jumps & rippon, with 3Lz3Lo done in the 2nd half; with UR downgrade bringing the points for the 3Lz3Lo combo to "-0.24" meaning that the combo itself was valued at 0???

Here is Liza's scoresheet

Liza gets "1.48" for 3F3T with the simplest entry and no rippon.

That was objective, in your opinion?

Anna's theme for the SP could be seen as inappropriate

The judges are not the moral police, they're there to judge the elements & artistry.

and she was a little slower compared to the free.

Compared to Liza and everyone else, she wasn't.

____

And you didn't answer my previous question:
Where exactly do you think Liza was underscored this year?

Could you please clarify that?

readernick

Medalist
People say Anna's PCS will go up during the season when she has earned her reputation.

Well, compared to yesterday, her PCS went up from 38.3 to 40.2 (unfactored).

I like this. With a rate of 1.9 points per day, Anna's PCS will hit the roof by Christmas:yahoo::slink:

The PCS went up because her performance today was far superior. She has fun with the lp program. It is a better program and she connects with the music. There was no connection in the sp and she looked sloppy.

I would suggest she try to work on getting more speed out of those jumps. She is going to need a better running edge to compete against Liza's superior quality jumps in the GP. As others mentioned, Liza would have won with one 3-3 or a well-executed 3A.

Liza needs to work on her layout. Her jumps are beautiful and her layout is not maximizing her strength.

Sofia did better in the long. It is normal for girls to struggle when they go through puberty but if they are determined they can work through it. I hope she continues to make changes do that she can continue competing.

mathlike

On the Ice
May I add third Russian winner of today's figure skating competitions - city of Chelyabinsk? :clap:

There were some problems yesterday with too much noise in the audience, but today the crowd of ~7000 ppl was simply fantastic, just as the arena and organization. I can only imagine how those kids felt, participating in Worlds' or Olympics' scale event at such young age. There were couple of great tourneys there before, including RusNats, but I think this JGP beat them all. Wow!

cell

On the Ice
The PCS went up because her performance today was far superior. She has fun with the lp program. It is a better program and she connects with the music. There was no connection in the sp and she looked sloppy.

I don't agree that there is no connection with the music in the short. She conveys the tension and hits the musical accents.

natsulian

Final Flight
I don’t want to hear anyone complaining about overscoring and national bias ever again. People won’t say anything because unless they don’t like the skater, the judges are great. It is only when the judges are unfavorable to their favorites that they speak out. I love Kamila as much as the next person, but 65 in PCS is... criminally unjustifiable.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Here is Anya's scoresheet.

Not a single executed element got even a +1 GOE; that is with Anya's difficult entries into the jumps & rippon, with 3Lz3Lo done in the 2nd half; with UR downgrade bringing the points for the 3Lz3Lo combo to "-0.24" meaning that the combo itself was valued at 0???

Here is Liza's scoresheet

Liza gets "1.48" for 3F3T with the simplest entry and no rippon.

That was objective, in your opinion?

____

And you didn't answer my previous question:

Could you please clarify that?

Maybe read the rules on how GOE is calculated. Lizas jumps have very good height, a good takeoff and landing and are effortless throughtout therefore she fullfills the first three bullets that are necessary to get +3 GOE and above. Difficult transitions are not even necessary to get +4 or +5, as there is a sixth bullet "very good body position"

readernick

Medalist
I don’t want to hear anyone complaining about overscoring and national bias ever again. People won’t say anything because unless they don’t like the skater, the judges are great. It is only when the judges are unfavorable to their favorites that they speak out. I love Kamila as much as the next person, but 65 in PCS is... criminally unjustifiable.

Well, as you said, people are fine when their favorites get overscored. People like Kamilia ( I do too, but I like Ksenia even more) so they don't care if she is overscored. Also, I liked all people on this thread who defended the aggregious overscoring of the Russian judges at ACI and Lombardia. Peiple hate bad judging when it hurts their favourites but not when it helps them. ;)

readernick

Medalist
Rippons are no longer counted toward higher GOE. As the previous poster mentioned, to get +3 or more on a jump you must have very good height and distance. Then they look at other criteria for 4/5. Liza did have good height and. distance, Anna did not.

ec00834

On the Ice

I absolutely have to disagree here. Kamila 100% deserved the scores she got. PCS is subjective. You're calling out those who are biased but you're being biased as well. Based on your previous posts, when it comes to Alysa, she always deserves her scores?

ec00834

On the Ice
Rippons are no longer counted toward higher GOE. As the previous poster mentioned, to get +3 or more on a jump you must have very good height and distance. Then they look at other criteria for 4/5. Liza did have good height and. distance, Anna did not.

Liza had good height but not distance. Anna had difficult transitions and good distance.

cell

On the Ice
Maybe read the rules on how GOE is calculated. Lizas jumps have very good height, a good takeoff and landing and are effortless throughtout therefore she fullfills the first three bullets that are necessary to get +3 GOE and above. Difficult transitions are not even necessary to get +4 or +5, as there is a sixth bullet "very good body position"

Transitions (entry) are a bullet point, so she should get that one

bytheriver

On the Ice
I absolutely have to disagree here. Kamila 100% deserved the scores she got. PCS is subjective. You're calling out those who are biased but you're being biased as well. Based on your previous posts, when it comes to Alysa, she always deserves her scores?

I would agree. All of the juniors have been getting boosted PCS this season (see Alysa + others getting higher PCS than Alyona did), but I would agree that Kamila is the best junior in terms of overall PCS, and deserves to be scored accordingly. All the scores are higher than I would have then, but the differences between the various skaters seems appropriate.

65 isn’t that high when you consider Alysa got 60 in PCS at a similar home JGP. Both numbers should be lower IMO, but based on speed and transitions alone Kamila should be outscoring Alysa and the other juniors by around that much.

readernick

Medalist
I would agree. All of the juniors have been getting boosted PCS this season (see Alysa + others getting higher PCS than Alyona did), but I would agree that Kamila is the best junior in terms of overall PCS, and deserves to be scored accordingly. All the scores are higher than I would have then, but the differences between the various skaters seems appropriate.

65 isn’t that high when you consider Alysa got 60 in PCS at a similar home JGP. Both numbers should be lower IMO, but based on speed and transitions alone Kamila should be outscoring Alysa and the other juniors by around that much.

She should be outscoring Alysa Liu by that much, yes. But, other skaters like Ksenia, Haein Lee and most Japanese skaters have equally good SS. Honestly, I am really impressed with a lot of the juniors basics this season. Kamilia is good but so are they.

bytheriver

On the Ice
She should be outscoring Alysa Liu by that much, yes. But, other skaters like Ksenia, Haein Lee and most Japanese skaters have equally good SS. Honestly, I all really impressed with a lot of the juniors basics this season. Kamilia is good but so are they.

I would agree about Ksenia (strongest Russian junior in SS in my opinion). Haein is also strong and some of the Japanese juniors we’ve seen thus far, but in terms of overall impression I would put them below Ksenia and Kamila, but higher than the rest of the juniors we’ve seen from the US and Canada for sure.